Media Chris Leben celebrating after beating up a washed up damaged Wanderlei Silva

Why are some people dissing Leben.
That was a legit win. And is pretty cool.
Leben said he admired Wand in the interview after the fight and was respectful.

Leben fought Silva first, the winner was going to fight Franklin for the title.
whats crazy is before the Anderson Silva fight Leben with his cocky self said he would send Anderson back to Japan where the Competition is weaker or something and got wrecked bad.

me and my buddies were all big pride fans back in highschool (2000-2002) he was a violence god to us, the excitement to watch him knock leben out was over whelming. Had a sad house of people that night haha. The stan fight more then made up for it though

That fight was fucking wild man! True definition of a barn burner right there.

Top5 Just Bleed God offerings ever!
<{JustBleed}>

TS sounds like a salty Wand fan.
So Salty that he resorts to calling his fighter "washed up" and "damaged"? I dunno, it sound counter productive, but this is Sherdog, so anything's possible.

Um, no. Silva fought Leben before Franklin. It's what got him the title shot.

Also, Silva vs Hughes was suppose to happen at WW way before that but it fell through. Hughes fought Sakurai instead.

Your post is almost as bad as this thread.
I fucked up the timeline. That does not hide the butt hurt you are displaying. Leben got starched. lol

Dude. Leban finished arguably the most scariest brawler in MMA history at his own game. I would be celebrating too. On top of that Wanderlei was the favorite to win.

If I was a mid-level NHL-player who outplayed Wayne Gretzky in 1999 - I would've also been celebrating.
Eveb if it Wayne was washed up.

As a spectator I can laugh at the idea of measuring yourself compared to washed up athletes.

But I can still see a huge symbolic value of beating one of your old idols. It does not matter how old they are - if you are a mid-level pro athlete and you beat a tru legend in your sport - you are gonna have a fucking party!

PS: This is coming from a true Leben-hater. I fucking loathed that guy when he was in TUF and was peeing on the beds of other fighters as a "prank".

lol dam I never seen anyone celebrate like they just won the lotto after beating a washed up fighter who was so damaged and drained like Wandy, Leben acting like this was a prime scary PRIDE Wandy.

I could understand this type of rush if this was beating up a prime top long reigning champion or something

Imagine if Larry Holmes celebrated his win over a washed up Muhammad Ali, Holmes knew Ali was washed up but didn't even boast about it he even felt sad he had to fight him.

Its still not as funny as Mark Coleman celebrating a win over Shogun via freak injury. Coleman acted like he just won the lotto in that fight as well. and then he Coleman was acting like a bad ass like he got a legit KO lol

did wanderlei not roid up and celebrate after beating up cans in pride?

I fucked up the timeline. That does not hide the butt hurt you are displaying. Leben got starched. lol

Hell yeah he got starched. That fight is what made me a Silva fan for life. That's why I pointed out all the bad info in your shitty post.

whats crazy is before the Anderson Silva fight Leben with his cocky self said he would send Anderson back to Japan where the Competition is weaker or something and got wrecked bad.

Such a great line. TBF, Leben was on a big win streak and was something like 18-1 at the time of the fight. Can't blame the dude for being confident and high on himself.

Pretty sure Silva landed 100% of his strikes in that fight.

lol dam I never seen anyone celebrate like they just won the lotto after beating a washed up fighter who was so damaged and drained like Wandy, Leben acting like this was a prime scary PRIDE Wandy.

I could understand this type of rush if this was beating up a prime top long reigning champion or something

Imagine if Larry Holmes celebrated his win over a washed up Muhammad Ali, Holmes knew Ali was washed up but didn't even boast about it he even felt sad he had to fight him.

Its still not as funny as Mark Coleman celebrating a win over Shogun via freak injury. Coleman acted like he just won the lotto in that fight as well. and then he Coleman was acting like a bad ass like he got a legit KO lol

You are a complete fucking idiot! Coleman went for a TD and Shogun stupidly put his arm down wrong. Thats not a freak injury . THats Coleman hitting a TD and Shogun making a huge mistake.

Leben is NOT Larry Holmes and Wandy was not close to as washed up as Ali. Holmes was the best HW in the world and Ali apparently was already showing signs of Parkinson. Leben was a mid tier fighter coming off a brutal loss. Wandy was an aging legend who had just come off a huge win over Bisping. Wandy was the FAVORITE to win

I disagree man. Silva is so fucking scary that guy comes out to fight. He may have taken some tough KO losses but when you look at them he was knocked out by Cro Cop a fucking HW, Hendo and Rampage. He had just beaten Bispings ass so I wouldn’t say he was washed, just on a losing streak and after the Leben fight he beat Cung Le.

It’s not the easiest thing to beat Silva, that guy lives by the sword and dies by the sword.

Hell yeah he got starched. That fight is what made me a Silva fan for life. That's why I pointed out all the bad info in your shitty post.
The post was fantastic, i gave a small remembrance and a tribute to Silva. Everyone seams to like it, except you. Your reply was shitty as fuck just like it would be from a butt hurt :eek::eek::eek:, a true Leben crypto-nuthugger. Deal with it:

9lk5uh.jpg

The post was fantastic, i gave a small remembrance and a tribute to Silva. Everyone seams to like it, except you. Your reply was shitty as fuck just like it would be from a butt hurt :eek::eek::eek:, a true Leben crypto-nuthugger. Deal with it:

9lk5uh.jpg

You seem really upset about being wrong and being called out on it. Probably shouldn't post about things you know little to nothing about.

Such a great line. TBF, Leben was on a big win streak and was something like 18-1 at the time of the fight. Can't blame the dude for being confident and high on himself.

Pretty sure Silva landed 100% of his strikes in that fight.
That fight is what made Anderson Silva star. Everyone was like wow wtf who is this guy he just destroyed the iron chin Crippler

That fight is what made Anderson Silva star. Everyone was like wow wtf who is this guy he just destroyed the iron chin Crippler

Before that fight I had only seen clips of him landing some fancy stuff like that flying knee on Newton or that elbow on Fryklund. I was a total noob back then to MMA and bet my friend Silva was gonna beat Leben. Dude was way into TUF at the time and knew more about MMA than me. He was so pissed when Leben lost that it made me a Silva fan for life.

U wouldn't celebrate if u knocked out a legend?

If a current 30-year old MW beat the current Wand (or Machida, Belfort, etc.) and celebrated like that, the TS would have a point. But Leben and Wand weren't that far off in age (4 years). Wand was still a decent fighter and Leben had been KO'd pretty brutally a couple of times before that fight. And afterwards, Leben had 4 straight losses and retired. The degree of "washed up and damaged" wasn't that much different between them.

Back