Chris Leben vs Phil Baroni, Bareknuckle Fighting in Wyoming on October 20th

whoa. Big fan of Leben but Phil Baroni is a more superior boxer w/ better head movement and speed. I hope Leben still has knock out power bc if not, it will be a long night for him
It's almost sad really he must be broke

Well shit.

I dig them both. I can only assume they need the cash, which is saddening.

I don’t think either fighter’s health will benefit from this.

I hope that if they do fight, but come out of it unscathed and not seriously hurt or injured.

If leben gets cleared ill watch always been a big fan i think he can take Baroni out if he has anything left

In the NFL most teams are each worth about what the UFC is worth.

How many retired football players are in exactly that bad shape or worse?
Very few, these days. The Disposable Heroes era was three decades ago.

Also, you are flat out lying. Only the very top franchise in the NFL is worth almost what the UFC is worth. The second-ranked team is worth closer to 3 billion. It goes downhill from there.

In addition, the NFL has 32 teams, each with over 65-70 players who play during the course of the season. The average career is roughly 1.5 seasons. The NFL has a huge number of players who rotate through compared to the UFC.

The players in the NFL play 16 games per season, while the typical UFC Fighter fights ~2.1 times per year.

It’s so gross. This bareknuckle shit is where to brain dead washed up fighters go like Leben and Joey Beltran. Just not a good look at all. It’s like when you are even past the point of fighting for a lesser organization and have to be a part of some scummy spectacle instead

If they can add Igor Vovchanchyn against Mark Coleman on the main card, I will order this event.

It will probably end up being sad no matter who wins.

Didn’t Chris retire because he didn’t want to risk further brain damage?

I'm skeptical this fight will actually take place, but it does slightly interest me in a freak show sort of way.

Didn’t Chris retire because he didn’t want to risk further brain damage?

Not just brain damage. He says his body is trash and that he would have been better off being a truck driver or something.

Very few, these days. The Disposable Heroes era was three decades ago.

Also, you are flat out lying. Only the very top franchise in the NFL is worth almost what the UFC is worth. The second-ranked team is worth closer to 3 billion. It goes downhill from there.

In addition, the NFL has 32 teams, each with over 65-70 players who play during the course of the season. The average career is roughly 1.5 seasons. The NFL has a huge number of players who rotate through compared to the UFC.

The players in the NFL play 16 games per season, while the typical UFC Fighter fights ~2.1 times per year.

That's a ridiculous hair to split. Three billion, four billion, who cares? It's the same ballpark. Don't stall in the semantics. "Downhill" to a billion or two, come on. And do any of these teams have five hundred players on their roster?

And football players aren't wasting all their money and/or getting CTE?

I feel bad for Leben but this is a problem of his own making. He made quite a bit of money over the years (he's not the guy you want to point at as underpaid in the UFC), but he did a hell of a lot of drugs and pissed it all away.

The UFC sold for four billion dollars. Two recognizable names who fought in many, many entertaining fights are now going down that path of old, sad, brain-addled pugilists scraping by to remain relevant and pay the bills.

A story as old as time. As much as we make fun of the Reebok deal, at least that deal is better than the UFC retirement plan.

U Fight Cheap
U Forever Concussed
U Funded Corporatism
U Fucked, Chris
Boxing is exactly the same.

welsey snipes is funnier, taller, and has more success in hollywood than joe rogan. of course he is scared of him, thats why hes in his secluded ranch filming podcasts spouting conspiracy theory dreck for people in tattoo parlors to listen to all day while throwing away their welfare checks on chicken wings and tramp stamps.
That was fantastic. Thank You.

Chris Leben has been diagnosed with heart failure.
What is he thinking?

Back