Chris "Lil B-Hop" Colbert

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/meet-lil-b-hop-chris-colbert/

He's half black half mexican.
19 year old ( 5-0-0 )
Bernard seems to like him and gives him advice on rare occasion.

2014 Daily News Golden Gloves champion in New York City

Colbert was a 2016 Olympic Games prospect. He qualified for the U.S. Olympic trials after capturing the gold medal at the National Championships in January 2015 but he said that '"too much politics in this game" persuaded him to turn pro instead.

At the moment I am training with Juan Carlos Payano he’s the WBA and WBO lightweight World Champion and an Olympic gold medallist. I’m sparring with him.

I think he's ambedextrous, since it has been mentioned by him and others that he "switches more smoothly than Danny Jacobs".

I know this thread might be a bit early, but I see the it factor in this kid. Desciplined both in and out of the ring. Haymon couldn't wait to snatch him, so I'm sure he agrees.

Found this for whatever it's worth:

Watching a documentary called Counter Punch on Netflix feat this kid right now. He's currenlty 21 yrs old, featherweight, 6 - 0 with 2 KOs. Although he fights out of Brooklyn, he's from The Bronx!

Cool, I'll keep my eyes open for him in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

Also... in the documentary it shows Colbert sparring with Payano.

I'm not sure that Colbert is really half Mexican but his trainer is Mexican and he considers him to be his father.

Also... in the documentary it shows Colbert sparring with Payano.

I'm not sure that Colbert is really half Mexican but his trainer is Mexican and he considers him to be his father.

Lol!!!! He is not half Mexican, he just considers his trainer who is Mexican as a father figure

Lol!!!! He is not half Mexican, he just considers his trainer who is Mexican as a father figure

Right... that's exactly what I said.
The OP says he's half Mexican and I was politely correcting that.

If you guys say so... every article I saw about him when I wrote that says he’s “half black half mexican” and he calls himself mexican american on twitter. Only reason I wrote that.

If you guys say so... every article I saw about him when I wrote that says he’s “half black half mexican” and he calls himself mexican american on twitter. Only reason I wrote that.

Yeah he does call himself Mexican. He explains in this video that his father is Mexican and is his trainer. (His trainer is not his biological father) You can also see he avoids explaining/ talking about it. @2:15

In the documentary he seems talented but his ego is stunting his progress. He gets whooped by a sparring partner and the partner is explaining to him that he has to dedicate his schedule and life to increasing his own progress. Lil BHop can't seem to get past his own ego and relies too much on his natural talent rather than being disciplined to increase it (out of ego fear)

Good luck to Lil Bhop, he's fun to watch. Hope he can take learning humbly.

I’m not laughing at you bro. I’m confirming your comment. It’s funy that lil Bhop says he is Mexican but he loves his trainer that much

Watching a documentary called Counter Punch on Netflix feat this kid right now. He's currenlty 21 yrs old, featherweight, 6 - 0 with 2 KOs. Although he fights out of Brooklyn, he's from The Bronx!
The guy hes fighting is Titus Williams (7-0) from NYC - an multiple NYC amateur Champ. Also on the same NYC national team as Chris Colbert.

Apparently they were roommates when they competed at the nationals in the amatuers.

Seems like I've seen this kid fight like 10 times this year

He's on seemingly every pbc card

Seems like I've seen this kid fight like 10 times this year

He's on seemingly every pbc card
He fought 4 time this year and just won the USA national title. I called his potential and will continue to follow and call again.

He hasn't really done anything yet...
Dont be a debby downer. For a young prospect to KO Beltran cold in half a round like that is atleast a big first step up the latter. Especially with how much he competes.
Should easily get a title shot after a couple more fights with the right promoter.

Dont be a debby downer. For a young prospect to KO Beltran cold in half a round like that is atleast a big first step up the latter. Especially with how much he competes.
Should easily get a title shot after a couple more fights with the right promoter.
this. that’s a huge statement he made. beltrán has been in there with really good fighters and no one has done that to him.

this. that’s a huge statement he made. beltrán has been in there with really good fighters and no one has done that to him.
I kinda said that in the wrong way...made it sound like i was saying that as a negative...key word in there was "yet" because i do think he can make a bit of noise

For 99% of people who box professional, he's done outstanding.

But relative to his ceiling...he hasn't really even started yet, or i guess we could actually say the Beltran fight was more or less the real start.

I got all respect in the world for your guy @KillerIsBack V2...his future looks bright. He's active too, i like that.

Back