Chris Weidman: I’m UFC’s most decorated middleweight with the most title defenses, I deserve a TS.

Meh he had his time
Give him someone to lose next and his days of being a contender are done.

It's weird for me, but I think the Chris actually might do well against Bobby Knux, if he can avoid getting clipped early.

His physical size (ranginess) and wrestling / sub game could make things interesting imo.

Bobby's TDD is so good though, and Weidman doesn't have Romero's power so Bobby would be able to open up his striking more.

Tried to cheat by listening to the ref?

"but but but he said he couldn't continue!!"

No he didn't.
Just because he didn’t say it doesn’t mean he wasn’t acting like he was.

The guy said he didn’t know what day it was and then when he found out the knees were leagal he was like “ohhhh shit no, wait, I know the exact date! I’m totally fine!!”

I still think Weidman needs another top win before a TS, even though he did beat Kelvin not long ago.

Of course as a Weidman fan I would like him getting a TS, I just don't think he should right now.

Lost respect for The Chris win he tried to cheat in the Moose fight. Don't really care what happens with him.

This all day long. The guy was trying to cheat to win and faking and shit. So sad Musashi left I think he would be the best fighter in UFC's MW division.

Just because he didn’t say it doesn’t mean he wasn’t acting like he was.

The guy said he didn’t know what day it was and then when he found out the knees were leagal he was like “ohhhh shit no, wait, I know the exact date! I’m totally fine!!”

What do you mean acting? Dude took knees to the head, of course he was hurt. Yea, he said he was fine when the doctor said they were going to stop the fight, as a fighter who actually wants to continue to fight would.

He never said he couldn't continue.
He followed the refs instructions by taking his 5 minute break when everybody, including Weidman, thought the knees were illegal.
They watched the replay (against the rules at the time, by the way) and said the knees were legal.
Doctor said he was unfit to fight.
He protested and wanted to continue.

You're simply bitching because it's Weidman when you should focus your "anger" on the ref and the doctor who took away a legit finish from Mousasi and a potential comeback from Weidman.

He dont deserve it right now but i feel he IS the best mw in the ufc actually

Needs another two wins in a row against top competition to be back in title shot picture

What do you mean acting? Dude took knees to the head, of course he was hurt. Yea, he said he was fine when the doctor said they were going to stop the fight, as a fighter who actually wants to continue to fight would.

He never said he couldn't continue.
He followed the refs instructions by taking his 5 minute break when everybody, including Weidman, thought the knees were illegal.
They watched the replay (against the rules at the time, by the way) and said the knees were legal.
Doctor said he was unfit to fight.
He protested and wanted to continue.

You're simply bitching because it's Weidman when you should focus your "anger" on the ref and the doctor who took away a legit finish from Mousasi and a potential comeback from Weidman.
Lol I’m a Weidman fan but go ahead and keep making assumptions about me.

He certainly didn’t want to continue and was trying to get the fight to end before he realized the knees were legal.

He did not act like a fighter at all. He wanted the fuck out of there after those knees.

I really like Weidman but getting a win, albeit over Gastelum, after being finished 3 times in a row doesn't get you a title shot, regardless of your history.

I get Chris' point, but not sure he's right.

Yes, he beat Gastelum when he wasn't really in contention for a title shot yet.

Meanwhile Gastelum went on to beat Bisping (a more recent champ than Weidman) and edge Jacare, while Weidman has done nothing since. I think Weidman is trying to milk on Gastelum's late success.

I don't care at all about both guys, but if I had to pick one to give the shot, would be no doubt Gastelum

I would favour chris in a 3 rounder over BK but I think BK would finish him in 5.

I would favour chris in a 3 rounder over BK but I think BK would finish him in 5.

If he wins his next fight I agree. Whittacker stops him though

Lol I’m a Weidman fan but go ahead and keep making assumptions about me.

He certainly didn’t want to continue and was trying to get the fight to end before he realized the knees were legal.

He did not act like a fighter at all. He wanted the fuck out of there after those knees.

This post is so Sherdog it's hilarious.

He certainly didn’t act anything like Poirier.

Am I not allowed to be a fan of a fighter without gargling their ball bag?

I never gave you any guidelines on how to be a true fan. You just have no idea of what you're talking about if you're saying that he wanted out despite him saying and doing the exact opposite.

Back