Chris Weidman: I’m UFC’s most decorated middleweight with the most title defenses, I deserve a TS.

It's weird for me, but I think the Chris actually might do well against Bobby Knux, if he can avoid getting clipped early.

His physical size (ranginess) and wrestling / sub game could make things interesting imo.
Not at all. Bobby Knuckles' TDD is way too good for Weidman, who's not the wrestler Romero is. He'd shoot for panic takedowns, get stuffed, and get KO'd inside 2 rounds. Weidman is no match for the Reaper.

The Chris and Kelvin are the only MW contenders coming off wins I can think of atm.

Romero lost
Rockhold lost
Jacare lost

He isn't crazy for asking tbh

The best MW is in fighting in Bellator thanks to Dana

I kept hoping Ariel would challenge him on the fact that he claims to have the most title defenses at MW.

Who else is there? I'm seriously wondering. Kelvin lost to Chris so that makes no sense.
The Chris lost to Rockhold. Does that mean rockhold should get the shot. They both lost to Romero, let’s give him another shot then.

“Obviously for me that would be the best case is to fight for the title. Fighting Whittaker, that’s a guy I match up well with and that’s a guy I feel I can go out there and finish,” said Weidman on a recent edition of The MMA Hour, while declaring that he is the most decorated fighter in the division, who also happens to hold the most title defenses.

“I feel I am the most decorated guy in the division, I’ve had the most title defenses. I had a rough patch, I went undefeated my whole career, I lost one, happened to lose three in a row. My mind, I felt like it wasn’t in the fight spot,” he said. “I came back, got myself where I needed to be, got my mind back and I went out there and beat one of the top contenders, Kelvin Gastelum. I feel like I dominated the fight and went out there and finished him. I feel like you’re only as good as your last fight and I finished the other guy that we’re talking about in my last fight. I think I definitely deserve shot at the title. It will be a good fight.”

About that three-fight losing streak he went through prior to beating Kelvin, Chris wants you to overlook that at the moment and instead focus on his whole body of work.

“If you’re going to start doing that, you are picking what is the worst look for me. If you’re going to go back, look at my whole career. If you’re going to start with my first losses, it’s going to look bad,” expressed Chris. “But if you look at my whole career, I’ve fought only the best guys in the world since I’ve been in UFC and I’ve done pretty damn good, have the most title defenses and I went through a little rough patch and I climbed my way out of it, I didn’t have any rough patches before that,” he said.

There’s a lot of losses in Gastelum’s career that don’t look so good. We have one common, we fought each other so that answers the question. I went out there and I finished him, he had the same opportunity and he went out there and lost to me, so...”

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/12/...ecorated-middleweight-most-title-defenses-mma

<6><{CMPALM}><{Joewithit}>

2018 Chris Weidman = cookoo

He is delusional.

No one thinks he deserves a title shot, and it makes zero sense.

So he will probably get the next shot.

*Dana seems to be mad at Gastelum for having "personal issues" which prevented him from filling in for Yoel. I'm guessing "personal issues" means he smoked weed and would have popped an in competition test.

Why hasn't Chris been fighting? Why so inactive? He's just hoping to be gifted a title shot and waiting it out? That's not a good look. He should be fighting.

Tried to cheat by listening to the ref?

"but but but he said he couldn't continue!!"

No he didn't.
He didn't cheat, but he milked the shit out of the clock by pretending that he was hurt. Chris fucked it up. It was better for him, Moose was already dismantling him.

The Chris lost to Rockhold. Does that mean rockhold should get the shot. They both lost to Romero, let’s give him another shot then.

Rockhold just lost his last fight so no they shouldn't. Romero just fought for the title so no they shouldn't give it to him. So if the choice are between Weidman and Kelvin are the only choices then Weidman is the only one that makes sense. Who do you think deserves it?

Who else is there? I'm seriously wondering. Kelvin lost to Chris so that makes no sense.
Kelvin has won two consecutive fights since then. Even if he lost to Chris he's more deserving. Seeing Weidman fight Whittaker for a title now after all this inactivity is just lame.

It's an odd situation, but I would still give it to Kelvin simply because he's fought two more times since then. The UFC has to reward fighters who stay active or they're just going to create more Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor situations with fighters believing they can make more money by doing nothing.

Also, it's high time Wiedman and Souza fought each other anyway. If he wins that, then give him the next title shot.

Weidman matches up great with Whittaker, but he needs another win.

Feed him post USADA Jacare, then a title shot.

Rockhold just lost his last fight so no they shouldn't. Romero just fought for the title so no they shouldn't give it to him. So if the choice are between Weidman and Kelvin are the only choices then Weidman is the only one that makes sense. Who do you think deserves it?
Gastellum. Obviously. He’s 2-1 and won his last 2 in the past year. Weidman is 1-0 in the past year but hasn’t fought in 11 months, and 0-3 in the 2.5 years before that.

This seems simple to me. Give the shot to Gastellum since he’s on a 2 fight streak and has been active. Weidman can fight a contender in the meantime to line himself up for the next shot. I don’t get it.

Back