Chrisitan Bale's Western Drama HOSTILES (First Trailer Released)

Update: September 5, 2017

First Teaser Trailer for Scott Cooper's Gritty Western Drama HOSTILES

I like it, at first was a tad heavy on the drama for a good western but then it picked up just the way I like them.

Looks like it could be good for sure. I'm down.

Also looks like a good performance by Bale, who I really think can be hit or miss.

Wild west batman? IN!

Might as well be called "Something I Know My Dad Will Like"

He invariably goes to the Encore Western Channel at least once in any given TV sitting.

Looks real good. Bale is a boss in the right role. 3:10 to Yuma is one of the best modern Western films out there. Hell, just one of the best Westerns I've seen period and I've seen many.

If Bale is a captain, he ought to have an entire company with him. That is more than enough to handle some hostile injuns, or to send out messengers to inform the larger Army of what the problem is.

Studi got the token native american role on lock in hollywood. This has a very Westworld vibe; as in a lot of the scenes just look like they were lifted from the show.

Update: November 9, 2017

New Trailer for Western Drama HOSTILES Starring Christian Bale

This looks like a Day 1 for me.

Hostiles was fucking awesome.

Great acting, great score, great action. solid beginning, middle, and end.

My only complaint coming out of the theater initially was the drop of music at times and the camera lingering on the characters but realized soon after that the director was doing this on purpose for effect. it is very noticeable because the music was awesome and then boom nothing.

The movie is about loss from every angle and when the camera is lingering with no music you can tell the director wanted you to notice that the character was alone with their deep sadness.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film and will watch it again 8.5/10

Hostiles was fucking awesome.

Great acting, great score, great action. solid beginning, middle, and end.

My only complaint coming out of the theater initially was the drop of music at times and the camera lingering on the characters but realized soon after that the director was doing this on purpose for effect. it is very noticeable because the music was awesome and then boom nothing.

The movie is about loss from every angle and when the camera is lingering with no music you can tell the director wanted you to notice that the character was alone with their deep sadness.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film and will watch it again 8.5/10

Heard it was pretty joyless and hard to watch..not in a bad way

Heard it was pretty joyless and hard to watch..not in a bad way

Ya like i said it was about loss. Its a great movie though. It hit me more profoundly after i thought about everything. I really enjoyed the ending. I think if they didnt end they way they did i wouldnt of liked it as much.

I wouldnt necessarily say joyless but i get where they are coming from when saying that but i would say its a harsh reality of the film. If youre not a part of a town where its safe anything at that time could hurt you. It actually shows a woman with those beliefs whos been sheltered talking to the folks who have been traveling and you can see there are two distinct views on whats going on

you going to see it?

Back