Chrisitan Bale's Western Drama HOSTILES (First Trailer Released)

This was far too predictable, for the last half of the film I kept thinking "when is THIS" going to happen, and it would happen.

Bale's switch was far too radical. We weren't given anywhere near enough to believe it.

The only thing I could see in this film was the political message. It was overwhelming. The worst part about it was that nothing was left to interpretation, it was completely spelled out and spoon-fed.

This was far too predictable, for the last half of the film I kept thinking "when is THIS" going to happen, and it would happen.

Bale's switch was far too radical. We weren't given anywhere near enough to believe it.

The only thing I could see in this film was the political message. It was overwhelming. The worst part about it was that nothing was left to interpretation, it was completely spelled out and spoon-fed.

This post is just weird. The movie is not trying to trick you and by some strange magical powers you have that you can predict a film...so it ruins the film? Every film must trick you?

There are alot more things to evaluate a film than by the standards you listed

This post is just weird. The movie is not trying to trick you and by some strange magical powers you have that you can predict a film...so it ruins the film? Every film must trick you?

There are alot more things to evaluate a film than by the standards you listed

No. I'm saying a story isn't compelling if you know that at the very end Bale is going to fight alongside the natives against white people. The scene has no power because you absolutely knew it was coming, so who cares how much he used to hate them? Oh, and by the way, why doesn't he hate them any more? I mean, he really fucking hated them. Hate is an incredibly deep emotion, it colors the way you see everything. The dialogue was pretty terrible, it certainly did nothing to persuade me of anything.

I love westerns and had high hopes for this film. I didn't think it was good at all. It was packed with actors I adore but felt like it was edited by an epileptic.

I just watched this movie, and I think it was a solid 8/10.

This is the second movie from this director I've seen in the past week. And I gotta say, I'm becoming a fan of his. I will say this about both of the movies I've seen... the plots aren't complicated. They're pretty simple story arcs overall. And the pacing is very slow. However, the characters are interesting. I like the dialogue, it's neat, like dialogue from a book. There's a lot of emotion displayed, and the acting has been pretty top notch by every actor involved. The biggest thing about his movies though, is he's really really good at creating a real sense of tension, constant nerve wracking tension that makes you really worry about what's going on, and what's gonna happen.

This movie might not be for everyone because of the director's style but I dug it. It's on netflix right now just fyi.

I just watched this movie, and I think it was a solid 8/10.

This is the second movie from this director I've seen in the past week. And I gotta say, I'm becoming a fan of his. I will say this about both of the movies I've seen... the plots aren't complicated. They're pretty simple story arcs overall. And the pacing is very slow. However, the characters are interesting. I like the dialogue, it's neat, like dialogue from a book. There's a lot of emotion displayed, and the acting has been pretty top notch by every actor involved. The biggest thing about his movies though, is he's really really good at creating a real sense of tension, constant nerve wracking tension that makes you really worry about what's going on, and what's gonna happen.

This movie might not be for everyone because of the director's style but I dug it. It's on netflix right now just fyi.

It is a dang good flick. I recommend.

No. I'm saying a story isn't compelling if you know that at the very end Bale is going to fight alongside the natives against white people. The scene has no power because you absolutely knew it was coming, so who cares how much he used to hate them? Oh, and by the way, why doesn't he hate them any more? I mean, he really fucking hated them. Hate is an incredibly deep emotion, it colors the way you see everything. The dialogue was pretty terrible, it certainly did nothing to persuade me of anything.

I love westerns and had high hopes for this film. I didn't think it was good at all. It was packed with actors I adore but felt like it was edited by an epileptic.
I feel like most Westerns are predictable.

Back