christians...........

That's my point. Why is everyone going along with OP's premise? He tells a story about willfully drinking and driving and suddenly all Christians are so fake?
Because I'm more likely to judge someone as a Christian than I am to drink and drive, and I find it more intellectualy stimulating to discuss philosophy and theology than shame someone for being stupid. Feel free through, there's room for both.

That's my point. Why is everyone going along with OP's premise? He tells a story about willfully drinking and driving and suddenly all Christians are so fake?

Dude can I get drunk at your house? No. Pffft you're so fake.

OP has a drinking problem and blaming others for his poor actions.

What about the psychos and sociopaths who don't feel any guilt?
the way I understand it bro and BELIEVE me this has been debated inside Christianity for hundreds of years the whole St Paul message of Grace after accepting Jesus. anyway the way I understand it is Jesus died for ALL sin past, present, and future it's just if you're saved and you cheat on your wife you don't go to hell you strive and war against the flesh to stop being an adultere for example.....and if you "slip" again there's grace for that.

Many Reverends in the black community have produced children through fornication and adultery but they've accepted Jesus so theyre still in.

why are they so fake? pretend to be a person of god but when it comes to displaying the ways of christ, it's totally opposite. so tonight i was at a cousin's house who is christian, goes to church every weekend and claims to be a good guy. some cousins out of town whom i haven't seen in ages, and i were hanging out at his place. we had a couple drinks and i respectfully asked him if i could spend the night if i get too drunk. he bluntly said no ur on ur own, so everybody left. im not christian or haven't a religion but would give my life up for him and his wife and kids. im not a trashy person too and i make good money. my cousin doesn't work and has a big old house. i ended up driving home semi drunk and made it safe. it's a 20 min drive.

Why are little boys who is not christian or haven't a religion such loser crybabies blaming the religious for their miserable fucking lives?

the way I understand it bro and BELIEVE me this has been debated inside Christianity for hundreds of years the whole St Paul message of Grace after accepting Jesus. anyway the way I understand it is Jesus died for ALL sin past, present, and future it's just if you're saved and you cheat on your wife you don't go to hell you strive and war against the flesh to stop being an adultere for example.....and if you "slip" again there's grace for that.

Many Reverends in the black community have produced children through fornication and adultery but they've accepted Jesus so theyre still in.
Nah, my question was for the hell on Earth you described. The guilt that follows a person when they break the innate sense of right and wrong. Does a clinical sociopath not deal with this? If they die as a Christian, do they avoid any payment of sin? Does Jesus take all of it for them in that case?

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Matthew 6:5

This is off the topic, but I think it's pretty cool. Legion has it that Longinus, the Roman soldier who pierced Jesus side was cursed with immortality to roam the earth until the second coming of Christ where he would hand his spear to Jesus.

When you sin a lot, you need something that absolves you of that sin and makes you feel better. It's one reason we have religion. Like if you were a great fellow 100% of the time, you wouldn't need religion and thus churches would go bankrupt.

CONVENIENTLY, you can repent at any time and you're immediately forgiven. Sounds ridiculous to me. It's just a way for hypocrites to justify and be forgiven for their actions.

CONVENIENTLY, you can repent at any time and you're immediately forgiven. Sounds ridiculous to me. It's just a way for hypocrites to justify and be forgiven for their actions.

"asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness"
-Emo Phillips

Your cousin could have let you crash on the couch, but you also could have called an uber to go home.

Because I'm more likely to judge someone as a Christian than I am to drink and drive, and I find it more intellectualy stimulating to discuss philosophy and theology than shame someone for being stupid. Feel free through, there's room for both.

It is a fact that OP's description of events does not give us an example of a Christian being fake, so right of the bat, I'm not sure why anyone is accepting his premise. I'm not shaming OP for being stupid; I'm pointing out that his resentment of his cousin is misplaced.

You have made a couple of vague pronouncements about what Christians are like: namely, that many Christians are Christians for show, and that Christians are the most vocal in their judgment of others. You haven't done anything to back up what you are saying, and I'm not sure why anyone should accept your positions on these issue. Cite a study.

Other than that, you've gotten into a discussion with Jack Handy about sociopath's ability to feel guilt, which has nothing to do with Christians being fake. So out of the two of us, I would argue I'm staying more on topic.

I feel you bro.

One time I showed up at my pastors house when he was out of town. I told his wife that I was too drunk to drive home so I needed to sleep next to her.

That dumb bitch closed the door in my face. WTF is up with all these fake Christians?

It is a fact that OP's description of events does not give us an example of a Christian being fake, so right of the bat, I'm not sure why anyone is accepting his premise. I'm not shaming OP for being stupid; I'm pointing out that his resentment of his cousin is misplaced.

You have made a couple of vague pronouncements about what Christians are like: namely, that many Christians are Christians for show, and that Christians are the most vocal in their judgment of others. You haven't done anything to back up what you are saying, and I'm not sure why anyone should accept your positions on these issue. Cite a study.

Other than that, you've gotten into a discussion with Jack Handy about sociopath's ability to feel guilt, which has nothing to do with Christians being fake. So out of the two of us, I would argue I'm staying more on topic.
I'm just speaking as a Christian who grew up in the Bible Belt. I'll leave the thread alone if it really bothers you so much. I just thought TS was being silly but I might as well discuss what he brought up. I guess I ruined the thread by going off topic though.

I'm just speaking as a Christian who grew up in the Bible Belt. I'll leave the thread alone if it really bothers you so much. I just thought TS was being silly but I might as well discuss what he brought up. I guess I ruined the thread by going off topic though.

Sorry. I was being pissy. This is a weird opening post and was bound to go off topic. You're at least trying to cast more light than heat by getting a real conversation going. Sometimes Sherdog just gets to me.

Sorry. I was being pissy. This is a weird opening post and was bound to go off topic. You're at least trying to cast more light than heat by getting a real conversation going. Sometimes Sherdog just gets to me.
It's cool. Religious threads are a crap shoot here, they can go really bad real quick and be incredibly unproductive. I like to hear from people of different perspectives, whether they're more or less religious than I am, so I take advantage of opportunities when I see them. The conversation is bound to cover some additional ground when it comes to things like this, I wasn't arguing with Jack but wondered what he thought about that aspect of guilt if he thought about it at all.

When you sin a lot, you need something that absolves you of that sin and makes you feel better. It's one reason we have religion. Like if you were a great fellow 100% of the time, you wouldn't need religion and thus churches would go bankrupt.

Well there you go, all wrapped up in one nice little package with a pretty little ribbon.

I don't care about christians as long as they leave me alone. But a lot of the times they are like vegans and crossfitters.

It's cool. Religious threads are a crap shoot here, they can go really bad real quick and be incredibly unproductive. I like to hear from people of different perspectives, whether they're more or less religious than I am, so I take advantage of opportunities when I see them. The conversation is bound to cover some additional ground when it comes to things like this, I wasn't arguing with Jack but wondered what he thought about that aspect of guilt if he thought about it at all.

I think about what Solzhenitsyn said on guilt; I cannot find the quote, but he posited the idea that guilt and suffering is not so much a hardship as a call from God drawing you back to Him.

I also think about Kierkegaard's opinion that we can be in despair without knowing it. I can't do the idea adequate justice here; I would suggest reading his book exploring this idea: http://www.naturalthinker.net/trl/texts/Kierkegaard,Soren/TheSicknessUntoDeath.pdf

So honestly, I would say that if you are a Christian, it is consistent to believe that a true sociopath who is beyond guilt has suffered a terrible punishment, in that he has lost one of the roads that might bring him back to repentance, and that he is drowning in despair but unaware of his suffering.

Nah, my question was for the hell on Earth you described. The guilt that follows a person when they break the innate sense of right and wrong. Does a clinical sociopath not deal with this? If they die as a Christian, do they avoid any payment of sin? Does Jesus take all of it for them in that case?

The call of Christianity is for the healing of the soul. The healing of the soul involves restoring ones humanity from fragmentation and broken relationships. The west reads the Bible primarily from a legal paradigm rather than a transformative one.
The church is understood to be a hospital for the soul to be healed from destructive habits, broken relationships and the many wounds inflicted while living on this planet rather than turning to crutches like drugs and alcohol.
Fake forgiveness without transformation is not authentic Christianity. Forgiveness and healing of the soul is a undivided calling which by implication means healing of all sociopathic and selfish tendencies.

Back