Media Chuck Liddell challenges keyboard warriors who criticize his training vids, to take one of his kicks

uDSws2a.gif
lol i hate the reem...

This fucking guy really thinks he’s gonna KO Tito then make a run for the title. We’re watching a slow motion train wreck here boys

yes, at least he is actually willing to put it on the line and prove it, while you sit on the keyboard and talk shit.

Pipe down buddy.

Switching to GEICO doesn't save you THAT MUCH money chuck..

Last edited:
2018 Chuck doesnt look like that tho, even if he still has power he looks stiff, like his movement is limited, doesnt look good to me, fight will be over inside the 1st with Chuck staring at the lights.
In case you missed the OP.

“They put out a video of me warming up my legs right when I got to the gym,” Liddell said. “I don’t know why they would – out of all the video they took – why they would choose to put that out, I have no idea. I challenge anyone talking trash about it to take one of those kicks I was throwing anyway. They’re not that soft. I was just warming up my legs the way I like to do it. I was just warming up my legs, so it is what it is.”

He's trying to explain warm up and the fact that you don't go 100% in training, to people who can't even get off their couch.

When female fighters who've been training 3-5yrs are looking better than you on the pads (Yeah, I know pads aren't everything and a measure) I think it's time that you let it go and retire.

It's easy for kids in their 20s to say even warming up shouldn't look that slow and stiff... But trust me. That's what getting old looks like. Especially if you've used and abused your joints over the years.

For a young guy, a quick jog up around the mats, 15 seconds of shadow boxing and 2 sprawls is enough to get nice and loose.

For an older guy with painful joints, it's a 15 minute standard warmup, 30 minute stretching, hit the pads slow and painfully, more stretching, slow and purposeful arm swings til you stop hearing a pop every rotation... Then more stretching and THEN you can get your 20 minute workout in.

Then an hour of cool down and stretching.

SRS!. I'm not even old and I have to warm up and loosen off before I can even make my breakfast in the morning without feeling like something is popping out of place.

He is gonna be warming up all day before the fight. He won't be able to sit down for more than 20 minutes at a time... But when he steps in the ring he is going to go ham for at least 2 full minutes and hopefully we see a KO.

Don't hate on the oldies. You'll be just as old and even more pathetic way way way before you're ready to accept it.

0-16 doesn't count for anything
17-30 you have 13 short years to achieve everything before you're old
30+ you must accept that the best years are gone and you must do whatever you find enjoyable as much as possible before your time is up.

Shut the fuck up and think about how many of those "prime years" YOU have left before you're "too old"

Hell, I bet most of you haven't even STARTED doing what you want to do yet. Will you ever get the chance to start before you're too old? Think about it. Then look at chuck and tell yourself he should sit on his rocking chair quietly and wait for his fucking heart to stop beating.

/Rant

Chuck wasn’t even the consensus #1 LHW in the world during his prime let alone the scariest man on the planet.
You're talking about the Rampage fight in Pride, which had a lot of admitted fixing going on? Don't get me wrong, I was on mma-t spewing the same thing you're saying... Rampage beat him... corner threw in the towel... Zuffa shills would talk about how it wasn't valid etc etc.

But to be serious, Liddell was in fact the King of The Mountain in his prime. This was up till Rampage caught him to be the UFC champion. I was heavily rooting for Rampage in that fight, so I was glad... but Chuck was the betting favorite going into this fight. Slight, just about 2 to 1... but the favorite nonetheless.

In case you missed the OP.

“They put out a video of me warming up my legs right when I got to the gym,” Liddell said. “I don’t know why they would – out of all the video they took – why they would choose to put that out, I have no idea. I challenge anyone talking trash about it to take one of those kicks I was throwing anyway. They’re not that soft. I was just warming up my legs the way I like to do it. I was just warming up my legs, so it is what it is.”
I have watched a few different videos of him training, not only that particular one, and it isnt even the kicks itself what i was talking about, its the way he moves in general, and like i said, his kicks might still be hard, but he doesnt have the right speed or movement to be competitive, kinds of remind me old people moving.

You're talking about the Rampage fight in Pride, which had a lot of admitted fixing going on? Don't get me wrong, I was on mma-t spewing the same thing you're saying... Rampage beat him... corner threw in the towel... Zuffa shills would talk about how it wasn't valid etc etc.

But to be serious, Liddell was in fact the King of The Mountain in his prime. This was up till Rampage caught him to be the UFC champion. I was heavily rooting for Rampage in that fight, so I was glad... but Chuck was the betting favorite going into this fight. Slight, just about 2 to 1... but the favorite nonetheless.

Not just Rampage but Rogerio, Shogun, and Wand. To a lesser extent Hendo and Arona. During Chuck’s prime any one of those fights were perceived to go either way.

Chuck ran the UFC for sure back then, but it’s not like he had no peers.

I hope there’s a way for Chuck to win, I’d like to see him make Tito cry. But at this stage of the game Tito is looking healthier and stronger

I said that the other day in here. I would not want to get kicked by Chuck, but he looks slow and old as hell.

I would not want to get hit by Tyson when he is 60 either, does not mean he can still fight pro though.

Hate to see the guy get beat up by Tito. Sadly it will happen.

m96jjd.jpg

“There’s nothing that I can do that I like better than this,” Liddell told reporters, including MMAjunkie, during today’s open workout at Kings MMA in West Hollywood, Calif. “I still make good money. I saved a lot of money. I’ve still got a lot of my money. I’m doing just fine. But there’s nothing I enjoy more than being in the ring and fighting. This came up, and I jumped at it, I took a shot at it. I’m so happy I did because I haven’t been this alive in years.”

“Right now I’m going to get through this fight and see what happens,” Liddell said. “I’m interested in fighting a lot of people once it’s over. We’ll see what happens though. It all depends on how this fight goes and how I feel when I’m done with it and how my body feels. But I got here in shape and healthy and ready to go.”

via mmajunkie

Video Liddell is referring to, in case you missed it:

<{Heymansnicker}>Lol, not everyone can kick as fast and hard as geriatric Joe Rogan...

<30> Honestly, Joe has some of the gnarliest kicks on the pads I have ever seen. And I've been around martial arts for a while.

Back