churches paying taxes for the first time under Trump -- not happy

Sounds fine to me.

I haven't given it a ton of thought, however I think their income should be taxed but they should be able to write off 100% of the money that they use directly for charitable work. But money made and spent on jets is taxed. Probably a lot of grey area there, though. Not sure how you'd codify that.

Poor people deserve to see beautiful jets flying through the filthy skies. Stop trying to deprive them; you obviously don't even know what charity work is.

Good....

churches have been essentially money laundering schemes for decades now (not all of them obviously, but many of the big evangelical ones certainly are)

Poor people deserve to see beautiful jets flying through the filthy skies. Stop trying to deprive them; you obviously don't even know what charity work is.

"We only use the jets for important prayer that must get to Jesus quickly. We've observed better ping times at 30,000 feet."

TAX THE CHURCHES

TAX THE BUSINESSES OWNED BY THE CHURCHES

FUND SCHOOLS, PUBLIC WORKS

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/26/republican-tax-law-churches-employees-670362

We all laughed at Rip when he said that Obama was going to come after guns, put people in camps, eliminate presidential term limits and attack Christianity, but it was the easily-manipulated Trump who has either done those things or openly wanted them done.

Obama, you magnificent bastard. You found a way to pull it off.

I think we all owe Rip an apology.

CLIFFS: Republicans are closing up some tax loopholes and simplifying the tax code. This article has a political bias against republicans. Article is trying to pull at the heartstrings BY BROADCASTING CHURCHES....let put the synagogues and mosques and other non profits in small print.
Personal story: My accountant told me last April that when Trump's tax whatever takes effect that I will get back even more next year.

Okay, so this link came out today and haven't seen anything else on it.

My comments

1) The title Republican tax law hits churches
then on the first line it says this
"Republicans have quietly imposed a new tax on churches, synagogues and other nonprofits, a little-noticed and surprising change that could cost some groups tens of thousands of dollars."
^ see how it isn't just churches, but you bet churches and synagogues and mosques and etc

BUT WHY SINGLE OUT CHURCHES? I think we have an agenda. I think we have a bias slant here.

2) "Many organizations are stunned to learn of the tax — part of a broader Republican effort to strip the code of tax breaks for employee benefits like parking and meals— and say it will be a significant financial and administrative burden".."
^ Oh, so we are not so much taxing the churches that people go and worship at but benefits like parking and meals...which are NOT part of the REASON churches are tax exempt: They are thought to be beneficial to society.

3) "The Jewish Federations of North America is looking at a new $75,000 tax bill this year because of the change."
^ um ok, swell, what is this tax on exactly???

4) "They were mainly trimming deductions companies have long taken for entertaining clients and providing meals for employees.But Republicans also wanted to treat nonprofits equally, which proved challenging."
^ oh so we are just trimming up some tax code bullshit. Got it.

5) "But to help defray the budgetary cost of those changes, Republicans simultaneously pared tax breaks for workers’ fringe benefits, which is projected to raise around $40 billion over the next decade."
^oh, that is making a huge ASSUMPTION there, got any facts to back up THIS IS THE REASON??? Sure that the Republicans were just closing some loopholes here?

JUDGEMENT: Stop sta sta stop crying!!!

CLIFFS: Republicans are closing up some tax loopholes and simplifying the tax code. This article has a political bias against republicans. Article is trying to pull at the heartstrings BY BROADCASTING CHURCHES....let put the synagogues and mosques and other non profits in small print.
Personal story: My accountant told me last April that when Trump's tax whatever takes effect that I will get back even more next year.

Okay, so this link came out today and haven't seen anything else on it.

My comments

1) The title Republican tax law hits churches
then on the first line it says this
"Republicans have quietly imposed a new tax on churches, synagogues and other nonprofits, a little-noticed and surprising change that could cost some groups tens of thousands of dollars."
^ see how it isn't just churches, but you bet churches and synagogues and mosques and etc

BUT WHY SINGLE OUT CHURCHES? I think we have an agenda. I think we have a bias slant here.

2) "Many organizations are stunned to learn of the tax — part of a broader Republican effort to strip the code of tax breaks for employee benefits like parking and meals— and say it will be a significant financial and administrative burden".."
^ Oh, so we are not so much taxing the churches that people go and worship at but benefits like parking and meals...which are NOT part of the REASON churches are tax exempt: They are thought to be beneficial to society.

3) "The Jewish Federations of North America is looking at a new $75,000 tax bill this year because of the change."
^ um ok, swell, what is this tax on exactly???

4) "They were mainly trimming deductions companies have long taken for entertaining clients and providing meals for employees.But Republicans also wanted to treat nonprofits equally, which proved challenging."
^ oh so we are just trimming up some tax code bullshit. Got it.

5) "But to help defray the budgetary cost of those changes, Republicans simultaneously pared tax breaks for workers’ fringe benefits, which is projected to raise around $40 billion over the next decade."
^oh, that is making a huge ASSUMPTION there, got any facts to back up THIS IS THE REASON??? Sure that the Republicans were just closing some loopholes here?

JUDGEMENT: Stop sta sta stop crying!!!

Sounds like you cracked the case.

Too bad he can’t impose a gold tax on the Vatican

I briefly attended a church in the DC area where the Pastor drove a Bentley and lived in a mini-mansion.

But, his business is not for profit.

QyZso.gif
Pastors have to pay personal income tax (they get housing deductions)

You guys have no idea how much of a social net churches provide, take away the tax exemptions and the poor, orphans, single mothers will take the hit. The federal government won’t save a penny

I briefly attended a church in the DC area where the Pastor drove a Bentley and lived in a mini-mansion.

But, his business is not for profit.

QyZso.gif
His personal gain has nothing to do with whether a business is for Profit or not. The NFL is non-profit, doesn't stop Roger Goddell from making 40 mil a year.

My Aunt is very Religious. Her Pastor, who runs this place called the Life Center (state of the art facility) came to my grandfather's funeral. Fucking guy drives a lexus, dresses in expensive suits, gold accessories everywhere like a classy pimp. I remember meeting him for the first time and shaking his hand, his tooth might as well have glowed like a cartoon.
giphy.gif

We were standing near his car, and all I could say to him was that he had a great gig going on, winking at him, his grin just increased. He knew that I knew lol, fucking lemmings giving this guy money.

Reading the article looks like lot of people lost tax breaks, including my business and entertainment deductions

Of course churches should be tax exempt. The government has no reasonable claim to a piece of the money I offer out of devotion to God.

I suspect this tax will go away in short order. The right can't afford to piss off evangelicals and the left doesn't want a war with urban black churches or Catholic Hispanics either.

Of course churches should be tax exempt. The government has no reasonable claim to a piece of the money I offer out of devotion to God.

I suspect this tax will go away in short order. The right can't afford to piss off evangelicals and the left doesn't want a war with urban black churches or Catholic Hispanics either.
Read the article, it took some employees deductions away, not their tax exempt status (/I read the post here assuming as well)

Back