Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Trump meets with freed American pastor Andrew Brunson in Oval Office
i-8dn8554-xl.jpg

By Adam Shaw | Fox News
694940094001_5848406641001_5848406828001-vs.jpg

Continue Reading Below

Freed American pastor Andrew Brunson met and prayed with President Trump in the Oval Office Saturday, thanking him for having "really fought for us" -- a day after his release from house arrest in Turkey.

Brunson, from North Carolina, arrived in the U.S. earlier Saturday after stopping in Germany on Friday. Brunson was imprisoned in October 2016 due to his alleged ties to an outlawed group as part of a crackdown on a failed coup in Turkey against President Recep Erdogan’s government. A Turkish judge on Friday ordered him freed from house arrest on Friday after sentencing him to time served on terror and treason charges.

Brunson thanked Trump in the Oval Office, saying "you really fought for us, unusually so, from the time you took office." He also thanked members of Congress on both sides of the aisle who had worked for his release. In a dramatic moment, Brunson knelt down and prayed with the President -- asking God for "supernatural wisdom to accomplish all the plans you have for this country and for him."

In his remarks, Trump said it was a "great honor" to have Brunson in the White House and thanked a number of lawmakers and members of the Cabinet for their assistance in securing Bunson's release

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...ican-pastor-andrew-brunson-in-oval-office.amp

I don't have much to add to this, other than that CIA agent is obvious.

What do you guys think the chances are the the CIA gives Turkey Gulen in return?

I put the odds of that at zero to none.

Discuss .......

I'm glad he's out of prison and back in the USA. Many people including my church have been praying for his release.

Lol. Same thing can be said for the "journalists" targeted by Putins government.

Now that's what you call "The Art of the Deal"

I'm glad he's out of prison and back in the USA. Many people including my church have been praying for his release.

I think the CIA is a rogue agency, and I am also glad he is home safely. Most of the field level guys actually believe they are the good guys.

Why on earth do people think this guy is CIA?

Why not just assume the obvious: people proselytizing in countries where that is illegal get arrested. Its not that rare of an occurrence.

The pastor is a CIA agent? Rofl, just the type of thread I’d suspect to find in the political forum of a MMA website.

I don't have much to add to this, other than that CIA agent is obvious.

What do you guys think the chances are the the CIA gives Turkey Gulen in return?

I put the odds of that at zero to none.

Discuss .......

I put the odds of you being able to pick out a CIA agent at close to zero to none.

There's a far better chance that Saudi journalist that got killed in Turkey was wrapped up in some form Espionage, then this pastor.

I put the odds of you being able to pick out a CIA agent at close to zero to none.

There's a far better chance that Saudi journalist that got killed in Turkey was wrapped up in some form Espionage, then this pastor.

Lol, it has nothing to do with how he looks. It has to do with the fake cover story for why he was there, and the evidence that was presented against him in a court of law that found him guilty of terrorism and espionage.

FYI, the CIA was responsible for the failed coupe attempt in Turkey, that wasn't fake news from Turkey. Of course that happened on Obama's watch, so I doubt you will take much convincing.

Trump wins again. Pastor and his family win, we all win. #winning

Trump wins again. Pastor and his family win, we all win. #winning

Woot woot.

In reality I would be far more worried about losing a strategic ally in Turkey on Trump's watch.

History won't look too kindly on the president that allows that to happen. Their is a reason certain countries are referred to as strategic in nature, and their are very few as strategically important as Turkey.

The timing of release with the execution of Jamal Khashoggi is very interesting.

The timing of release with the execution of Jamal Khashoggi is very interesting.

Glad someone else picked up on that.

Of course this would infer Trump sold out the Saudis on this one, which is somewhat hard to believe.

Glad someone else picked up on that.

Of course that would infer Trump sold out the Saudis on this one, which is somewhat hard to believe.
Something is brewing. Turkey went out of their way to stay ahead of the story and allege murder by Saudi Arabia. And with USA fully in the pocket of the Saudis, perhaps the Turks don't want to provide too much ammunition for a full-on coup d'état, unlike that half-assed attempt most recently.

What a powerful testimony, and prayer by the pastor and his wife. Amazing!

Psalm 46:10

10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Something is brewing. Turkey went out of their way to stay ahead of the story and allege murder by Saudi Arabia. And with USA fully in the pocket of the Saudis, perhaps the Turks don't want to provide too much ammunition for a full-on coup d'état, unlike that half-assed attempt most recently.

I think if these two things are connected, it might shine some light on a theory I have long suspected, which is that Trump will make the best deal possible at the time. If he can make a deal one minute with the Saudis and Israelis, he will turn around 2 days later, renege on his commitments, keep his payment for that commitment, and make a new deal, for new promises he also has no real plans on keeping.

This seems like it would work, until it doesn't, when no one trusts you anymore.

What a powerful testimony, and prayer by the pastor and his wife. Amazing!

Psalm 46:10

10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

You sure that isn't page 46 from paragraph 10 from the CIA handbook?

I think if these two things are connected, it might shine some light on a theory I have long suspected, which is that Trump will make the best deal possible at the time. If he can make a deal one minute with the Saudis and Israelis, he will turn around 2 days later, renege on his commitments, keep his payment for that commitment, and make a new deal, for new promises he also has no real plans on keeping.

This seems like it would work, until it doesn't, when no one trusts you anymore.
Well what do you make of the report that's resurfacing from April alleging that Kushner provided MBS CIA intel on his political enemies, including phone conversations of these guys criticizing the Crown Prince?

All just weeks before dozens of Saudi tycoons and other connected officials were rounded up and tortured in the Riyadh Ritz Carlton.

The Trump administration continues to be a blessing to the Christian people of the USA.

And Trump said that this was a bipartisan effort as well.

Back