City of Minneapolis receives complaint about 13 year olds hot dog stand....

PolishHeadlock

Putin Belt
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.krem.com/article/news/n...rmit/465-23a3f218-4da7-4637-8bde-ed573eb5bb8e

And the city respond by helping the kid get his stand up to code and issuing him a permit to sell hot dogs legally.

A nice feel good story in these crazy times.

MINNEAPOLIS — A 13-year-old's summer hot dog stand is now officially permitted by the city of Minneapolis.

Jaequan Faulkner opened his hot dog stand earlier this summer in hopes of raising enough money to buy new school clothes.

Faulkner's Old Fashioned Hot Dogs received a lot of support after officers with "Bike Cops for Kids" encouraged people on Facebook to visit his stand.

Faulkner first started his summer hot dog stand in 2016, with the help of his uncle. He took a break last year but was determined to do it again this year.

"It puts pride in me to see that I'm doing something good for the community," Faulkner told KARE 11 back in June.

However, Faulkner's business was not officially permitted. All businesses that serve food to the public must pass city health inspections to get permitted, according to the city.

The city received a complaint about the teen's stand, said Logan Ebeling, a Minneapolis health inspector.

But rather than shut the teen's stand down, the city stepped up to help his business improve.

According to Ebeling, Faulkner did need to make some changes to his stand. He had to get a tent for overhead protection, a hand washing station and the city also gave him a thermometer to check the temperatures of his sausages and hot dogs.

Staff from the Minneapolis Health Department, the Minneapolis Promise Zone and the Northside Economic Opportunity Network (NEON) came together to help bring Faulkner's hot dog stand up to code.

"We've been working with Jaequan on the business side of things, like basic business, finance, marketing, pricing... he's really been excited about all of it," said Ann Fix, program manager for the Northside Food Business Incubaor.

It's good that the city helped the young boy, it was the right thing to do.

Huge if true.

True if huge

Good, we should be encouraging young people to start businesses and learn about finance as early as possible.

I'm just thankful nobody was molested

What kind of person calls the cops on a kid selling hot dogs or lemonade. Smh.

We've seen plenty of examples lately, so we have a pretty good idea of what kind of person does this.

If this kid was white the police wouldve just shut this down and ticketed him. Affirmative Action needs to die immediately.

Oh God, if you ever talk to anybody that's ever dealt with an HOA or tried to do anything anywhere, there is some useless housewife that complains and sets everything back 100% of the time. Let's be honest here, nobody stopping for hot dogs is worried about health or sanitation.

Just to play devils advocate a bit, there are laws around business that really must be adhered to regardless of ones age. If, for example he gave someone food poisoning would the case against him be dismissed?

It is great to see a kid being industrious, however there is more to business than set up and sell, a lesson he has no doubt learned and that will serve him well. Whoever reported him is mean spirited of course, but the kid will now have a better understanding of the nuances of trade that will help him in future.

With that said, wouldnt it be nice if police and local authorities were so willing to help adults start businesses and help them through the red tape when there isnt a camera on them and social brownie points to be earned. I hope the next working class guy looking to sell hot dogs gets the same help and understanding.

Just to play devils advocate a bit, there are laws around business that really must be adhered to regardless of ones age. If, for example he gave someone food poisoning would the case against him be dismissed?

I was thinking the same thing. I mean I personally wouldn't complain about the kid.
But he should follow some basic rules regardless of his age.

That being said handled well by the city.

Probably not the same people who would have called the cops on those kids after they got food poisoning from unclean food and drink being sold by the kids.

Oh God, if you ever talk to anybody that's ever dealt with an HOA or tried to do anything anywhere, there is some useless housewife that complains and sets everything back 100% of the time. Let's be honest here, nobody stopping for hot dogs is worried about health or sanitation.

I had somebody call the City last week because I planted a tree in the right-of-way that comes about 15 feet onto "my" property. Technically it requires a permit but the city never enforces it unless the tree obstructs the sidewalk or drivers ability to see. BUT as soon as they get an official complaint they have to require the permit which would require a full survey and site plan ($1000) so I moved the tree 5 feet to get out of the ROW. I really wish complaints of this nature were not allowed to be anonymous. Not because I would retaliate but I like to know who the asses are in my neighborhood. And don't get me started on HOA's. We have a vacation rental and they are always bitching about something.

Everyone assuming because the kid is black it's automatically racially motivated

giphy.webp

Everyone assuming because the kid is black it's automatically racially motivated

giphy.webp
Yeah, like the 8 year old selling lemonade, or the kid knocking on the door to ask for directions. No sign of racial motivation. Sure.

Back