Clash of Clans: Official Sherdog Clan--> Just Bleed (Come Join!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Click Here to See War FAQ
New players: read the above before joining the clan. You are expected to understand these fundamentals before your first war. If you fail to draw out cc, for example, as one new member did in a recent war, then I KNOW you didn't read the FAQ above. I have tried to add as much video as possible from YouTube for teaching the basics because I know some don't learn well from reading.

Clan Name: JUST BLEED
Clan Icon: Red, Yellow, and Black
(Red Shield with Yellow Cross and Thin Black X)
Clan Description: "Sherdog's Official Clan"
Clan Type: Invite Only (we switch to "Closed" during war, but you can still join, read how below)
Clan Members: 40/50 total villages (32 discrete players)
War Record: 16-2

Instructions for joining: We've had scum clans try to ghost us in the past, so we close during war (meaning you won't find us in a search). As a result, here is how you can join:
(1) Come here and post your CoC Account Name using your Sherdog profile in this thread. Once we see it, we'll open the clan to allow you to join.
(2) Send us a request to join in the game itself, and in the request, specify the name of your Sherdog profile name (i.e. "Madmick"). This way we can verify that the request is coming from you. That's it.
IMPORTANT: You have to look up the clan and request to join. Even if we know you're CoC name, the Leaders/Elders can't invite you unless you are a friend on our Google+ or iOS Gaming Network accounts, or unless you're in global chat.
*Special Note*: you cannot send this request until you have repaired your clan castle. This is a prerequisite to belonging to a clan. My advice for those who are leveling is to use archers and barbarians until you unlock the goblin, and then train nothing but goblins. Use your goblin horde to search and attack the villages you see with the most available loot and the weakest walls, or no walls at all. This is EXTREMELY effective up until you reach the Silver 3 bracket from trophies won because so many villages have plenty of loot and no defenses in these lower brackets. Many don't have walls even though they could. Winning attacks isn't important down here. Just loot. Get the loot, get your upgrades.

Clan Rules:
  1. Use both war attacks in every war (for consistency, we war 1x per week, on Saturday, starting at 2PM Pacific Time)
    Read my OP below, but this is essentially the entire reason I left my former local clan of IRL friends to form this new clan. I can't deal with IRL politics interfering with such a simple mission statement. This is something that is almost 100% under your control. The only valid excuse anyone ever had in my former clan, IMO, was my longtime friend who is a major in the army. Sometimes our military friends may not be able to access the internet securely. I'm sure there are other (extremely rare) legitimate IRL excuses for not being able to play, but the game takes very little time to actually engage interactively. Most of the waiting time doesn't require you to be interfacing with your phone/tablet at all. Playing the game is voluntary. Generally speaking, I expect every one of the clan's war attacks to be used in every war.
That's it. Otherwise, rules of Sherdog posting do not apply to the clan. It's a place to relax and talk shit. The only thing we take seriously is effort in war. You don't have to be a gaming wizard. We can teach you how to play. Beginners are welcome.
*Note*: Resident red belt poster "D Train" is a leader of a more casual clan for those who can't or do not wish to meet the obligations of using both attacks in war. If you cannot make our commitment to use both attacks every war, then I ask that you request to join with him instead of JUST BLEED. Better fit for all. Here is the info he listed about his clan:
My clan is The Brotherhood (there are about a million by that name). Look us up or Add me on gamecenter (swept light) if you want in.
We have donation requirements and elders are awarded through donations.
We do have a ban on cussing because I really like it safe for kids (even though most of us are adults).
And of course we do have weekly clan wars.

How high are the THs in y'all's clan? Our highest is a 10, but we have lots of 9s. We encourage people to max out before moving up.
Members

Sherdoggers
Left=Sherdog Name; Right= CoC Name
  1. 44nutman=
    - (#1) schmidt20 [Lvl 60]
    - (#2) 44nutman [Lvl 40]
  2. Aed= Apraxia [Lvl 95] (Elder)
  3. auger38= auger38 [Lvl 53]
  4. berniesmack= berniesmack [Lvl 52]
  5. carbonfistprint= corbin [Lvl 95] (Elder)
  6. Carl Drogo= Bruce the Great [Lvl 69]
  7. DilltheThrill= Noodle [Lvl 76]
  8. Higus= Higus [Lvl 91] (Elder)
  9. jbass350z= Cygnus A [Lvl 70]
  10. Interloper= Lord Van Lier [Lvl 108] (Elder)
  11. Kalitaur= Kalitaur [Lvl 68]
  12. Lifer = Can Crushers [Lvl 85] (Elder)
  13. KingJames530=
    - (#1) King James [Lvl 74] (Elder)
    - (#2) Chef (Lvl 38)
  14. Madmick =
    - (#1) Madmick [Lvl 77] (Leader)
    - (#2) Madmick [Lvl 73] (Co-Leader)
    - (#3) Oberdog [Lvl 65]
    - (#4) Dayne [Lvl 61]
  15. jmsoccer =
    - (#1) MF (Lvl 89)
    - (#2) Ebola (Lvl 13)
  16. odog=
    - (#1) odogogod [Lvl 90] (Co-Leader)
    - (#2) Niven [Lvl 88]
  17. OmegaBoy13 = EyeofOdin13 [Lvl 75]
  18. scarzi = Scarzi [Lvl 78]
  19. scrubido = Carlos [Lvl 66]
  20. Stringer Bell= Q34 [Lvl 80]
  21. Tachy=
    - (#1) Tachy [Lvl 93] (Co-Leader)
    - (#2) Tachycardia [Lvl 13]
  22. Ultrashogun = Biohazard [Lvl 44]
  23. WalkenWouldOwn = wwo [Lvl 68]
Non-Sherdoggers
  1. !ironmonk! [Lvl 24] --> Seven's friend.
  2. Camjin [Lvl 95] --> Madmick's bro.
  3. Dirty D [Lvl 55] --> berniesmack's friend from former clan.
  4. Espartaco420 [Lvl 52] --> NateS's friend
  5. King McKenzie [Lvl 100] --> Madmick's other bro.
  6. NateS [Lvl 83]--> strubzizo's friend
  7. Seven [Lvl 36] --> friend of KingJames530 and me.
  8. Tree [Lvl 13] --> IRL friend of me/Camjin/both Kings
  9. Upbassright [Lvl 85]--> NateS's friend

Inactive Members:
Inactive members are members who have left the clan, temporarily if they wish, because they cannot meet our rule for attacking due to IRL issues, or for some other reason. These members are welcome back at any time. If they were a Co-Leader/Elder, then they will resume that position upon re-joining.

-- Sherdoggers
  • Axion= Hans. Left without saying why. Appeared to have a problem with enforcement of our sole rule. Probably won't be back, but he's welcome.
  • Bubble Bath = juhstin. Left while on probation for failing to use war attack. Didn't say if this was the reason. Welcome back, he was never booted.
  • CO68= Carcosa [Lvl 75]. Got freaked out by war when he realized how seriously we try to compete in that part of the game. Welcome back whenever. He said he would take time to better develop his rushed TH9 base in preparation.
  • Corona= Megadon. Left to be with small IRL clan of ~10 guys that wars constantly.
  • Cyke_out= cyke_out [Lvl 51]. Having massive network issues. Can't even play Destiny. Gamers purgatory. Will be back as soon as this is resolved.
  • ens189= s309. Left, didn't say why. Former clan was IRL co-workers. I think he found us too competitive when warring. Probably won't be back, but he's welcome.
  • Jballer. Left to join competitive clan with group of high-level friends. All are welcome to Sherdog whenever.
  • Pride23= Pride [Lvl 61]. Couldn't meet war obligations during the holidays. Said he would be back in three weeks.
  • Saiwa = saiwa930 [Lvl 75]. Same deal and time frame as Pride. Holidays.
-- Non-Sherdoggers
  • strubzizo [Lvl ??] --> Scarzi's friend. Left because of some spat between them. Welcome back at any time.

Note: Original OP copied to top of post #4 below (I ran out of characters for this post).

Last edited:
i got suckered into playing it from my co-workers.

its a fun game.

i am already in a clan but we will see. i may be interested in switching sides...

Original OP

Recently there's been a huge rift in a local clan because it has an identity crisis. The problem is that we were keeping too much dead weight with about 20%-25% of our war attacks not being used. Furthermore, guys were making 101-level mistakes over and over and over and over. It just became too maddening for me even though I loved our leaders and was friends with most of our members IRL.

Examples:
  • I'm talking about not clearing the clan castle before initiating an attack for both attacks for four wars in a row.
  • I'm talking about sending a zerg of air balloons directly at an Air Defense before downing it with Giants or Hogs. Twice in a row.
  • I'm talking about the clan lowbie attacking straight across against their #50 guy with his second attack...after their #50 guy has already been 3-starred.
  • I'm talking about trying to use two Lvl 4 lightning spells to down a Lvl 3 Air Defense for a Dragon attack after being explicitly told- by Madmick- that two would not down the AD. Goes and does it anyway, then says, "So much is variable in this game." Yeah, dude, wallbreakers. Not lightning/AD. Fixed damage for lightning spells, and you can look it up in the spell info; fixed hit points for any defense...and you can look up exactly how much in War scouting. Using arithmetic, as I explained to you, you could know concretely that 100% of the time your attack wouldn't down it. But in raids you sometimes come across lvl1 Air Defenses and it's enough because you're too dumb to understand that hit points increase with upgrades. They're still fixed. So "variable". Facepalm.

Furthermore, this clan formed as a beer-drinking clan between guys who appreciate craft brews. At some point some of the new members- who are parents- let their young kids in. So I have a Jiminy Cricket pop up on my shoulder every time clan chat turns OTish. Who wants to censor themselves while gaming?

So I'm interested in forming a competitive clan. I'm not talking about trying to be South Koreans on League of Legends. Casual competitive. Have fun, talk shit, talk MMA, and game. I simply don't find it unreasonable that if you have 100 available attacks that they all get used. The only two guys with legitimate excuses from our prior clan were military guys who are in Qatar right now and only get a few minutes of secure access to the internet each day-- if that. If you have an excuse like that, then nobody will sweat it. I have a number of the guys from my former clan who are good that would probably join. Anyone here not in a clan (or not satisfied with their clan) that is at least dedicated to using both war attacks in every war and to making an effort to learn/listen is welcome. We don't care about how developed your town is.

Apparently people do play that game.
It is hands down the best and most sophisticated game on iOS/Android. No game has more elegantly utilized the limitations of the touchscreen interface. It also captures that sublime aspect of Poker; nobody has made a game so simple to learn yet so difficult to master. It can be enjoyed casually or competitively. You don't have to spend money to enjoy it, and to meaningfully progress. You don't have to spend money to enjoy competition since it scales to your level with Clan matchups (like handicaps in golf).

Furthermore, it's been the runaway #1 grosser in money on both iOS and Android for I believe every month in 2014. Supercell earnings are probably going to better than double from $823m last year. So, LOL, yeah dude, there are people who play this game.

Last edited:
I downloaded the game and spent a few days with it and just dismissed it as a fun time killer. Then I am browsing twitch like I am wont to do and see it listed as one if the top games streamed. So I open a stream and find out the game has a huge following and it's got tons on tactical and strategery depth.

So yeah, I'm nowhere near good or educated enough to join even a halfway decent clan, but I totally see how people can get into this game.

It is hands down the best and most sophisticated game on iOS/Android. No game has more elegantly utilized the limitations of the touchscreen interface. It also captures that sublime aspect of Poker; nobody has made a game so simple to learn yet so difficult to master. It can be enjoyed casually or competitively. You don't have to spend money to enjoy it, and to meaningfully progress. You don't have to spend money to enjoy competition since it scales to your level with Clan matchups (like handicaps in golf).

Furthermore, it's been the runaway #1 grosser in money on both iOS and Android for I believe every month in 2014. Supercell earnings are probably going to better than double from $823m last year. So, LOL, yeah dude, there are people who play this game.

I'm aware of it's popularity. I was just rustling your jimmies.

Mission accomplished. :p

I dont understand any of what you just said, but if the game is that good maybe I'll check it out

Yeah, I would be interested. It's a fun game, I've been playing for about 7-8 months, and I probably take it more seriously than my current clanmates. I'm lvl 77.

Clan name suggestion: Lamentations

I downloaded the game and spent a few days with it and just dismissed it as a fun time killer. Then I am browsing twitch like I am wont to do and see it listed as one if the top games streamed. So I open a stream and find out the game has a huge following and it's got tons on tactical and strategery depth.

So yeah, I'm nowhere near good or educated enough to join even a halfway decent clan, but I totally see how people can get into this game.
If you're willing to be active and learn, then we can teach you. That isn't a problem. Hell, man, I'm still learning. We all are. Nobody expects you to be "leet". We just want people who participate. We just need gamers, Cyke: people who can learn from their mistakes. For example, you clear their clan castle troops FIRST thing in EVERY war attack, EVERY time. No exceptions. Not a single one. Yet we have had over a dozen members make that mistake for several wars with every attack. They just start attacking before triggering, kiting, and killing the defensive troops.

I just can't deal with that anymore.
I'm aware of it's popularity. I was just rustling your jimmies.

Mission accomplished. :p
Indeed. Although the fact that in the VG forum the line is impossibly thin to being invisible in dividing sarcasm vs. sincere hipsterism...I will regard your "Mission Accomplished" status with the same veneration that I regarded George W. Bush's huge banner saying the same thing.
Yeah, I would be interested. It's a fun game, I've been playing for about 7-8 months, and I probably take it more seriously than my current clanmates. I'm lvl 77.
Awesome, you're higher than me. I did hit 2600 trophies at TH7, though, so I'm like 100 gems away from 5 builders.

lets have a clan war madmick. i got my dragons ready.

my current clan is on a fast decline, so I'm ready to make a move. I'm level 76, TH9. I play daily, donate often, and participate in wars.

As for clan names, some suggestions:
Sherdog
Pride was better
Groundhog experts

I'm level 100 now got everything maxed out for TH9. It's the same in my clan some members aren't worth a fuck in clan wars.

^There's a new feature in Clan wars where you can watch a live attack and it's amazing that people aren't doing simple things like drawing out the clan castle or the Heroes. On the other hand, players are getting really good about setting their castles in the middle of their bases to make it hard as possible to kite their back up out

Level 83

Don't play much as I grew bored of the people I played with but I'll hop back in for this

in a clan but I'll check u guys out if I ever leave
lvl 67 with lvl 8 th
I'm pretty aiiiight :)

Nice, I was hoping to reach a minimum of 10-15 interested players, and we're almost there. I'll be bringing in two of my own, immediately, I'm pretty sure, from the clan I left, and potentially several more. Only the top players.

I think we have a good spread, too. I have surmised that this is possibly more important to winning clan wars than anything else, except, perhaps, war attack participation. They match up guilds of roughly equal overall strength, but clearly their algorithm weights the top players over the bottom players since those players can drop and nab stars easier. To illustrate my supposition let's take two clans:

• Clan A has stronger players at the top. Their Top 20 players are Lvl 75-100. They average being ~5 levels above their counterparts in Clan B.
  • However, for the next 20 players, this trend flips, and Clan B is about ~3-5 levels above their counterparts across the spread.
  • It gets worse for Clan in the bottom ten (this is where the greatest disparity is always observed). They have has a lot of newbs filling the lowest ranks. They fall about ~5-10 levels below their counterparts on average.

So yeah, Clan A should come out ahead at the top, but up there, the lvl difference isn't quite as significant, from what I have observed, so maybe they're getting averaging close to 2 stars while Clan B is averaging just north of 1. Those top guys will probably drop for the second wave against lowbies, to guarantee three stars, but the problem is that they were already abused in the first wave in the Bottom 10 straight across. This freed up floaters all around Clan B to go for more heroic attacks, or to allow them to use their second attack to add stars in their bracket. They have to spend fewer second attacks on cleanup, and the fact is that the top guys in Clan B will clean up those bottom guys with 3 stars just as frequently/consummately as their superior counterparts.

Anyways, just a phenomenon I think I may have noticed. I may be wrong. I'm speculating without hard data and calculation. Of course, their algorithm probably tries to account for this, and they're drawing from a MASSIVE pool of clans, so deviance is minimized, but I think a tighter spread of levels in Clan War is favorable.

Nevertheless, all are welcome. I just want people who will try.

Better pray you don't come across my clan or we'll fuck you until you love us.

ugh, my clan just lost it's 4th war in a row. I'm ready to bail. It's a combined problem of
1) the inexperienced/dumb players not drawing out the cc troops and getting wiped out mid attack
2) People being way to conservative with the troops they send out in attack. Why are you sending nothing but giants, archers, and barbarians to war?! Bring out the big guns!
In either case, you get a lot of 1-star attacks and then someone has to clean up afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back