Clash of Clans, v3: Official Sherdog Clan = JUST BLEED

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault.jpg

solid

Does anyone know of any good 8.5 war bases? The only ones I can find are first hits online that I'd prefer not to use. Will probably jump back into war this Saturday but I have no real base. May try to make my own but I generally struggle with that.

Does anyone know of any good 8.5 war bases? The only ones I can find are first hits online that I'd prefer not to use. Will probably jump back into war this Saturday but I have no real base. May try to make my own but I generally struggle with that.

What are you considering your 8.5? Just keep your current 8.0 base.

So what is the right time to do 8.5? IS it to just max all shit on th 8 then when you get to th9 only research troops? Is it possible to throw down the AQ without affecting war weight or will that most likely move u straight to TH9 matchups and fuk up the whole point of 8.5?

So what is the right time to do 8.5? IS it to just max all shit on th 8 then when you get to th9 only research troops? Is it possible to throw down the AQ without affecting war weight or will that most likely move u straight to TH9 matchups and fuk up the whole point of 8.5?

Definitely throw your AQ down if you're doing a TH 8.5. It would be a waste of an upgrade without the queen. Biggest reasons to upgrade to TH9 (imo):

-spell factory
-army camps
-bigger CC
-AQ
-lab

All those things have little effect on war ranking. In my clan the biggest thing we stress is to NOT putting down xbows. Those really fuck with shit. There are lots of good guides on TH 8.5... too lazy to look one up though (and I'm at work).

AQ should be your first purchase no matter what! Helps sooo much

Honestly for 8.5 - just don't buy Xbows until your offense is upgraded first, thats the main thing. Xbows are very heavily weighted in war. What I did is focus on offense first, but when I had excess builders I would filter in the new defenses starting with the AD and tesla.

Just do yours lab, camps, spell factory, and clan castle as soon as you can, work on getting your AQ to level 5, and don't worry about defense at first. It won't take long to get that other stuff done, then start upgrading existing defenses while you upgrade troops in the lab.

Xbows are a huge help for raiding defense though so you might do what I did after after a while cave in and build them. They certainly help against getting barched.

What are you considering your 8.5? Just keep your current 8.0 base.

I added the walls, storages, AQ, traps and 4th AD. I think it's enough to warrant a new base design.

I believe standard 8.5 is all of that less the 4th AD. I figured it was worth the bump in war rank to help defend a loon attack. Figured I can take a solid 8.5 base and work in the 4th AD.

Max your offense and build the 4th AD (without the latter you'll be a free wipe every war to even lousy TH9 attackers). The idea is to force them to spend at least one legit TH9 attack wiping you while giving you the chance to wipe two lower TH9's-- or at least guaranteeing your effectiveness as a dropper to clean up the toughest TH8s your clan's TH8s don't wipe themselves.

This is going to crunch the hell out of your elixir, so it's wise to have that maxed (and even carry some spoils of war in your clan castle) for when the Town Hall upgrade is completed. Gold will go to upgrading the Clan Castle to 30 slots so that you can take a max Golem/Hound as a donation for war. Obviously upgrading the Labs is your top priority, but make sure to get an upgrade going in the Research Lab (if you have any left you didn't do at TH8) before upgrading right off the bat. Your DE will go towards the AQ.

Upgrade
Research Lab
Spell Lab (adds Jump, 4th Spell capacity)
4 x Army Camps
Clan Castle

Build
Traps & Walls
AQ (take to L5 ASAP)
Air Defense

Took a stab at creating a TH 8.5 war base with traps and 4th AD. Thoughts?

TH%208.5.png

Max your offense and build the 4th AD (without the latter you'll be a free wipe every war to even lousy TH9 attackers). The idea is to force them to spend at least one legit TH9 attack wiping you while giving you the chance to wipe two lower TH9's-- or at least guaranteeing your effectiveness as a dropper to clean up the toughest TH8s your clan's TH8s don't wipe themselves.

This is going to crunch the hell out of your elixir, so it's wise to have that maxed (and even carry some spoils of war in your clan castle) for when the Town Hall upgrade is completed. Gold will go to upgrading the Clan Castle to 30 slots so that you can take a max Golem/Hound as a donation for war. Obviously upgrading the Labs is your top priority, but make sure to get an upgrade going in the Research Lab (if you have any left you didn't do at TH8) before upgrading right off the bat. Your DE will go towards the AQ.

Upgrade
Research Lab
Spell Lab (adds Jump, 4th Spell capacity)
4 x Army Camps
Clan Castle

Build
Traps & Walls
AQ (take to L5 ASAP)
Air Defense

I will reiterate the significance of the elixir crunch. It has been a complete slog to get the 6 mil you need to upgrade troops every 7-10 days to keep lab busy. My AQ is already level 5 and my wall grind is flying, but upgrading elixir troops is absolutely brutal.

I was going to opt for war troop upgrades, but I think I'm going to invest in some Giant/Barch troops instead because I can't make an elixir profit in Crystal/Masters with the gowipe variants I use.

I'm still sour about this war. 1st attack lagged and I wasted a critical heal spell. Would have been a wipe. 2nd attack I misjudged that my queen would trigger the CC.

2 mistakes 2 failed wipes.

I'm still sour about this war. 1st attack lagged and I wasted a critical heal spell. Would have been a wipe. 2nd attack I misjudged that my queen would trigger the CC.

2 mistakes 2 failed wipes.

I totaled 1 star. So there!

Took a stab at creating a TH 8.5 war base with traps and 4th AD. Thoughts?

TH%208.5.png

Looks pretty solid. I don't know if your double big bomb is placed well enough to catch a good path on hogs, though. Luckily, there are plenty of open spaces where a hog trap could be, which will stop most hog rushes before they happen. Run it for a while and make changes as you need them.

Looks pretty solid. I don't know if your double big bomb is placed well enough to catch a good path on hogs, though. Luckily, there are plenty of open spaces where a hog trap could be, which will stop most hog rushes before they happen. Run it for a while and make changes as you need them.

Yeah my plan was to put the double bombs between a visible defense and a tesla. In my Hog attacks most were thwarted by me not anticipating a tesla, and in turn, not expecting the hogs to be pulled there.

This is my first real attempt at designing a base and I found building a base with a strong double bomb placement, central CC and TH was the hardest part.

JUST BLEED (84) <---> ASAS (53)

Well, two more blowouts, so two more wars that didn't require a strat. No need to micromanage an invasion of Botswana with Shayatet 13.

JUST BLEED (91) <---> Segamat Extreme (54)

The strategy was: poop on them.

screen-shot-2015-02-18-at-9-19-09-am.png

Mission accomplished.

Auger, looks like MF was feeling cheeky last night. We opened up the clan so that you can re-join when that stupid suspension period ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back