classed as a great but losing to the same person twice?

trollkin

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Can you be classed as a great if you lost to the same person twice ? I’m thinking Matt Hughes being a great but lost twice to Dennis Hallman? JDS losing to Cain twice, Overeem losing to shogun twice ?

If asked would you say that Matt Hughes was better than Dennis Hallman, because MMA not being a team sport the answer has to be no as they fought twice and he lost twice?

In MMA sometimes styles clash and you get off results.

Like BJ Penn getting hammered time and time again despite being the GOAT.

Can't help but feel this is a dig at Cormier.

<codychoke>

Lol of course matt hughes was great, he was the WW destroyer until GSP came along

Can you be classed as a great if you lost to the same person twice ? I’m thinking Matt Hughes being a great but lost twice to Dennis Hallman? JDS losing to Cain twice, Overeem losing to shogun twice ?

If asked would you say that Matt Hughes was better than Dennis Hallman, because MMA not being a team sport the answer has to be no as they fought twice and he lost twice?
Liddell to rampage, rampage to wand
Penn to gsp, Hughes to Penn I'm out of ideas there's probably a hundred more

Lol of course matt hughes was great, he was the WW destroyer until GSP came along
But surely Matt Hughes lost twice to the same guy, this wasn’t during the end of his career?

Would you say that Joe Frazier isnt a great? He lost to Ali twice. And Foreman twice.

Jose Aldo dominated all time P4P well rounded greats Frankie Edgar 2X and Chad Mendes 2X.

Aldo is the GOAT.

Big Nog to Mir
At the time Barnett losing THREE times to CroCop

Jose Aldo dominated all time P4P well rounded greats Frankie Edgar 2X and Chad Mendes 2X.

Aldo is the GOAT.
Shut up
SelfreliantMealyArgentineruddyduck.gif

Liddell to rampage, rampage to wand
Penn to gsp, Hughes to Penn I'm out of ideas there's probably a hundred more
Good list but Penn to GSP doesn't count. Penn won the first fight, GSP was gifted a split decision. The second fight, GSP cheated and should have been disqualified. Got swept under the rug to keep the GSP/GOAT UFC hype going but if you look it up, you will see the real story.

Camozzi lost to Jacare twice, it was just a bad match up. He's still a great fighter.

Back