Classism in Liberal News Comedy

- 15 of 35MM reading the top 3 papers = hardly ?

No the point isthat the liberal rag is read more than the conservative one. No govt funding required. Rather than cry about the CBC maybe you should accept that most Canadians just don’t think the way you do.

I fully realize that most Canadians are liberal sissies. Sadly, Trudeau is pretty close to your average Canadian. A smug, self-righteous, virtue-signalling, coddled, spoiled-brat.

I said leftist didn't agree. You are not leftist, more centrist than anything, especially in current climate.
And no leftists agreed in that thread either.
I consider myself a leftist. Its true I agree with the right at times but that's generally when I feel they've offered valid criticisms of leftist policies. However, that doesn't mean I give up on the left but rather I go back to the leftist drawing board so to speak.

The 2016 presidential election was Trump vs. Clinton. If you wanted Clinton to lose it and/or were encouraging people not to vote for Clinton, you were supporting Trump.

I think the evidence is pretty clear that racial resentment was a key (decisive) factor. For example:

https://www.thenation.com/article/economic-anxiety-didnt-make-people-vote-trump-racism-did/

Have you read criticisms about construct validity of racial resentment? It's a big question what does racial resentment scale actually measures.

I fully realize that most Canadians are liberal sissies. Sadly, Trudeau is pretty close to your average Canadian. A smug, self-righteous, virtue-signalling, coddled, spoiled-brat.

Yeah go figure, all those horrible policies that landed Canada with functioning and cheaper health care, a banking system that did not come close to evaporating into dust during the GFC, and a tax system that does not massively favors upward wealth redistribution at a time when wealth inequality has already been on the rise for decades.

Speaking of virtue signaling, here you are spouting off about govt funded left wing media then admitting its irrelevant while giving us a rant that is devoid of policy and guilty of the very signalling you are crying about.

Is it time for another time out, Atheist?

I know it's slightly off topic, but I always found that people who make fun of the "People Who Shop at Walmart" tend to be politically left of center.

I get it, you buy your groceries at Whole Foods rather than a Walmart SuperCenter. But, that doesn't mean that those people need to be a source of your punchline.

@Trotsky really does not have a grasp on Canadian politics, at least not from that post you are quoting.

It doesn't look like they've had a modern social democrat at the helm. And currently the NDP has 44 of 443 (<10%) congressional seats.

Britain and the US have had soc dems elected to the presidency in the past too (FDR/Truman, James Callaghan). That doesn't change the fact that in the age of austerity social democrats like Corbyn and Sanders get put through the ringer by corporate media.

Where are my presumptions off base here? @Gandhi

EDIT: I mean....presuming you are Canadian, you do realize all the hand wringing here about how "far left" neoliberal Trudeau is, right?

It doesn't look like they've had a modern social democrat at the helm. And currently the NDP has 44 of 443 (<10%) congressional seats.

Britain and the US have had soc dems elected to the presidency in the past too (FDR/Truman, James Callaghan). That doesn't change the fact that in the age of austerity social democrats like Corbyn and Sanders get put through the ringer by corporate media.

EDIT: I mean....presuming you are Canadian, you do realize all the hand wringing here about how "far left" neoliberal Trudeau is, right?

NDP was the 2nd major party in parliament until recently (we do not have congress) They hold premiership in two major provinces -- to your Truman/FDR we had MacKenzie King and held significant influence in coalitions in several federal elected governments.

But, no -- neither Trudeau or Harper were GWB liked -- policy reflective of Clinton and Obama

**Edit** Just saw your edit, yeah -- and Justin can be define as a far left panderer from a social issue standpoint. Economic policy not so much

Last edited:
NDP was the 2nd major party in parliament until recently (we do not have congress) They hold premiership in two major provinces -- to your Truman/FDR we had MacKenzie King and held significant influence in coalitions in several federal elected governments.

Okay, so doesn't this confirm what I said? Your most recent social democratic leader, MacKenzie King I presume, reigned during the 1940s.

That's 30 years before the onset of the neoliberal era of Reagan and Thatcher wherein the status quo, maintained by corporate media, became hostile to social democrats. It's during this time that figures like Sanders and Corbyn have been raked over the coals for sensible policy making.

But, no -- neither Trudeau or Harper were GWB liked -- policy reflective of Clinton and Obama

I was being facetious re GWB. But neither Trudeau, nor certainly Harper, are meaningfully economically progressive. To paint either as far leftists is laughable.

Okay, so doesn't this confirm what I said? Your most recent social democratic leader, MacKenzie King I presume, reigned during the 1940s.

That's 30 years before the onset of the neoliberal era of Reagan and Thatcher wherein the status quo became hostile to social democrats.

I was being facetious re GWB. But neither Trudeau, nor certainly Harper, are meaningfully economically progressive. To paint either as far leftists is laughable.

Countering your point that we havent had a socially democratic leader, we have.

But in canada we havent been hostile to social democrats -- they have held premiership in multiple major provinces (and in canadian federalism that is a big deal) They have been the major minority party recently and and have formed coalitions.

No, neither are "progressive" as you would view it.

Countering your point that we havent had a socially democratic leader, we have.

Did I make that statement? If I did, it was inadvertent. That would be absolutely ludicrous given that social democrats were ubiquitous in the West from the 1930s-1960s.

Did I make that statement? If I did, it was inadvertent. That would be absolutely ludicrous given that social democrats were ubiquitous in the West from the 1930s-1960s.

I may have misread an earlier post -- but the point remains we havent been hostile to social democrats. I sure as hell have but canada as a whole as not been

The NDP in its current form is a SJW party lead by a Sikh separatist. That is why their support is in free-fall mode.

They have never had one at the helm of the nation tue, but they have them lead major federal political parties (Liberals and NDP) as well as run provinces. Also you need to back up your presumption of bias. Not being elected at does not equal media bias. The Reform party could have made the exact same claim of bias against right candidates. The media does not have a conservative radio or fox news element in Canada. Yes I am Canadian and the hand wringing here over Trudeau is not representative of Canadians at all, and where it does exist largely due to identity politics, some of it retarded, some it Trudeau's own silly fault.

My problem, specifically to the Union thing... a TON of my more liberal friends constantly spout off about how AMAZING unions are.

I'm in one, and I fucking hate it, all my coworkers, fucking hate our union. My friends that preach the Gospel of the Union 122:40... NONE have ever been in one and haven't seen the fucking cronyism and garbage that they do.

Example, my Teamsters group negotiated so that we no longer had to pay into our healthcare benefits. Sounds awesome right? WRONG, you take your check from BEFORE the change and compare it to after... our union dues WENT UP a tad higher than we got back from no longer having to pay into health benefits.

In-fucking-furiating!
I’m in a union job, I go to work, get my base pay, plus an incentive plan, mine is load based (truck driving dontyaknow) and we’re coming up for negotiations soon, they’re pushing for an across the board equal incentive plan for everyone. My job being load based has me driving pedal down 8 hours straight everyday. Other jobs are far more relaxed.

In the name of equality, they say

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back