Classmates petition white house for military burial

nac386

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Some students have began a petition to get a military burial for a JROTC student who helped save his classmates during the recent school shooting in his full JROTC uniform. Do you think the White House should provide one? If not, maybe an alternative?

I think this kid is a hero and something should be done. I'm not military, so I'm not going to say it should be a military burial. But at the very least, I believe a military spokesperson should be present at his funeral to show their respects.

When the mass shooter was marching straight for Peter's classroom, according to one of his close friends who were there, Wang stood tall in full Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (JROTC) regalia and sacrificed his life as he ushered other students and teachers to safety.

"He was holding the door open for other people to escape and then he was struck by the bullets," classmate and friend Aiden Ortiz told ABC station WPLG.

"I want people to know he died a hero," the teen added. "He died saving many people."

embed-peter-wang-victim-parkland-ap-jt-180218_4x3_608.jpg

021818PETERWANG.png

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/florida-s...-military-050717766--abc-news-topstories.html

Last edited:
I generally think military fetishism is stupid, but I fully support this. The dude did patently heroic things for his fellow citizens while wearing a military uniform. He's more a national hero than the vast majority of military personnel.

Man, that might be the most heartbreaking account of this story yet.

It would be good to at least send a uninformed rep.

Not military.
But coming up with a ceremony and award of a legitimate citizen hero sounds awesome.

But legitimate. Like this kid.
Seriously. No one could argue that he wasn't a hero.

Peter Wang? That guy has a bigger Wang than most kids his age for doing what he did.

I'm interested in hearing someone's opinion who has served in the military.

Hard to imagine that it would be offensive to the military, but they should follow the law on this. If it's legal to make an exception, make the exception.

No.

I'm sorry. I'm even OK with something special in recognition but a military ceremony should be exclusive to the military. Its special recognition for military service.

Full honors.

Of course all of the liberals will be against it though.

Perhaps think of something unique for citizens who die, while putting their lives on the line for others.

All in all though, if the military has no objection, go for it. No big deal.

Full honors.

there are 3 liberal posters in front of you in here supporting it, still think its antifa thats responsible?
nobodys that dumb, so im gonna consider you a shitposting troll from now on and treat you accordingly ........<{1-1}>

No.

I'm sorry. I'm even OK with something special in recognition but a military ceremony should be exclusive to the military. Its special recognition for military service.

Full honors.

Lol.

I'm for it. I don't care what any military members think about it one way or the other. The military is under civilian control.

Lol.

I'm for it. I don't care what any military members think about it one way or the other. The military is under civilian control.
Good for you. But there are requirements for military burial one being military service. This doesn't have to be an argument. Military burial requires service, it has a meaning.

Saying that in no way lessens the sacrifice that boy made. He deserves recognition but recognition for what he actually did, not military service.

Good for you. But there are requirements for military burial one being military service. This doesn't have to be an argument. Military burial requires service, it has a meaning.

Saying that in no way lessens the sacrifice that boy made. He deserves recognition but recognition for what he actually did, not military service.
Don't give a shit about your worthless opinion.

I generally think military fetishism is stupid, but I fully support this. The dude did patently heroic things for his fellow citizens while wearing a military uniform. He's more a national hero than the vast majority of military personnel.

Man, that might be the most heartbreaking account of this story yet.

Military fetishism?

Fuck you commie scum.

Nah. They can definitely do something nice for him and his family, but there's not much point in calling it a military burial if people who aren't even military get them too.

I rest my case.

Some people are so stupid that even the military fetishism of other countries gets them all frisky.

Troll.

You're linking patriotism and honor with sexuality.

Piece of shit.....

I'm interested in hearing someone's opinion who has served in the military.

I'm a USAF vet of 24 years and I've deployed twice.

I fully support this. This Hero held the door and got his fellow students out, probably realizing he could be shot.

And he did it anyway, while in uniform.

When I shuffle off this mortal coil, I'll get an honor guard at my burial and I'll be buried in a Veteran's cemetery. This young man never got the chance to enter into Active Duty but in one moment he summed up every core value of all America's branches of service.

Funk the parade that President Trump wants for himself. Throw the parade for Peter Wong (R.I.P.) instead.

Last edited:
Back