Classmates petition white house for military burial

Doesn’t matter what my or your opinion is. The military doesn’t care about opinion it cares about regulations. That’s the regulation so that’s the way it is.

And regulations can be changed. They are not immutable.

He just got a posthumous appointment to West Point class of 2025 signed by the president himself. So the argument now is invalid

Good to see here. Honors the boy’s outstanding deed and maybe gives a hair of comfort to the family

With this, I’d be surprised if he didn’t get a 21 gun salute at the graveside. Sucks, US military would have gotten a damn good soldier in a couple years

gj HockeyBJJ,

i posted the same story - definitely moving stuff.

Mr. Wang’s funeral on Tuesday was attended by hundreds of people. He lay in an open coffin in the small chapel at Kraeer Funeral Home, dressed in a Junior R.O.T.C. uniform like the one he wore the day he was killed, with the Medal for Heroism pinned to the chest.

A line of mourners, many of them in uniform, stretched out of the chapel.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/...ackage-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

- IGIT

Some students have began a petition to get a military burial for a JROTC student who helped save his classmates during the recent school shooting in his full JROTC uniform. Do you think the White House should provide one? If not, maybe an alternative?

I think this kid is a hero and something should be done. I'm not military, so I'm not going to say it should be a military burial. But at the very least, I believe a military spokesperson should be present at his funeral to show their respects.

embed-peter-wang-victim-parkland-ap-jt-180218_4x3_608.jpg

021818PETERWANG.png

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/florida-s...-military-050717766--abc-news-topstories.html

Sad story, but I remember Jessica lynch, and Pat Tillman too well to believe it.

Oh yeah, and they stormed the cockpit on flight 93, it wasn't shot down by the government.

The word "pointing" was a typo in the original article, the correct word was holding. He was shot to death while holding the door open so that other kids could run through it. He put himself in harms way to make sure other people could escape. That is the definition of a hero.

Even if he just pointed at the gun man he is still a hero cause it warned the other kids and he distracted that shooter and the focused on him and shoot him instead he took the bullet for all.

What a horifying scene it must have been.

Some students have began a petition to get a military burial for a JROTC student who helped save his classmates during the recent school shooting in his full JROTC uniform. Do you think the White House should provide one? If not, maybe an alternative?

I think this kid is a hero and something should be done. I'm not military, so I'm not going to say it should be a military burial. But at the very least, I believe a military spokesperson should be present at his funeral to show their respects.

embed-peter-wang-victim-parkland-ap-jt-180218_4x3_608.jpg

021818PETERWANG.png

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/florida-s...-military-050717766--abc-news-topstories.html
He's a really great kid. But he's not a member of the US military. He should not get a military funeral, as I think that's a bit inappropriate. But if the President or Congress would like to bestow a civilian medal or honor upon him, he would be more than worthy of it. I mean, Ellen Degeneres was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom for having a talk show, so this kid probably deserves at least 2 of those medals for saving lives.

Sure. I’d take that up with the COS and SMA.

Don't have to. He has been offered an honorary place at West Point. That should be enough to overcome any objections, should anyone actually be petty and stupid enough to object. I doubt many will be, going by the Vets who have posted in this thread.

Of course, the most important thing is what his family wants. If they want their bairn buried with full military honours, give it to them. If they prefer a quiet service with only family involved, that should be respected.

I rest my case.

Some people are so stupid that even the military fetishism of other countries gets them all frisky.

Or realize that so-called communist governments were some of the biggest military fetishists in the world:

natodesignated-scrag-ballistic-missiles-during-a-military-parade-in-picture-id170982215

chinese-soldiers-parading-in-front-of-mao-zedongs-portrait-peking-picture-id56198852

Picking on Tropodan is really the lowest of the low hanging fruit though.

Shame on me.

This kid did more than a lot of vets that serve, thats for sure.

I saw that. The posthumous acceptance to Westpoint was pretty cool. An acceptance into Westpoint would still not warrant military funeral honors though, as far as I’m aware, as they are just Cadets and still not yet in the military.

But the governor did ask that some members of the FL National Guard attend, which is also noble.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...hree-jrotc-cadets-killed-in-florida-shooting/

Don't have to. He has been offered an honorary place at West Point. That should be enough to overcome any objections, should anyone actually be petty and stupid enough to object. I doubt many will be, going by the Vets who have posted in this thread.

Of course, the most important thing is what his family wants. If they want their bairn buried with full military honours, give it to them. If they prefer a quiet service with only family involved, that should be respected.

there are 3 liberal posters in front of you in here supporting it, still think its antifa thats responsible?
nobodys that dumb, so im gonna consider you a shitposting troll from now on and treat you accordingly ........<{1-1}>

Yeah, if even your reasonable and intellectually sound War Room Marxist is onboard, then a knee-jerk anti-Liberal post is probably a bad idea.

Then again Trotsky for whatever disagreements and agreements we have is always a gentleman and scholar.

I can understand some stalwarts of the right knowing full well a lot of stalwarts of the left do behave that way on Twitter, in private, ECT. and are less generous as well as less educated as to why they object to, or sadly even hate the military and apply that hatred to the right.

That said, while I understand and feel a few posters might keep that in imnd, that does not make it an intelligent knee-jerk sentiment either.

Back