Cleto Reyes "Mexican Market" vs "Ringside" Cleto Reyes Training Gloves?

^ Hey, thanks for the photos. Like I said, to the previous post, mine look just like those except for the color. And, as I said before, those Casanovas you have, look like pretty cool gloves.

:icon_chee

ok you know how all reyes gloves are branded with a number? both of my gloves are in the 7k range, my buddy who just bought his in tj are in the 2k range.

the gloves felt different. padding was slightly different, the thumb pocket was alittle bit smaller and and the leather was alittle bit more lose on the glove. next time i see my buddy i will ask him if i can really take a close look at his gloves.

but ones things for sure.... they're both not the same. LOOK THE SAME, same labels but instantly off the back i can tell they were different. will keep u guys updated

That information, though well intended, may not be completey factually accurate. They may be sold in Mexico, and not officially intended for USA import, however, they are the same gloves that are officially imported into the USA. Trust me.

I disagree 1000%. They are not the same glove and I'm going by exp.

Lockwood's Industries in California confirmed the above information. The photos on Ringside's website are outdated "stock" photos. All the training gloves that came from Cleto Reyes for a period of time were marked with that wording and design. That design was discontinued by the Cleto Reyes factory in Mexico, two years ago. If Ringside bought the previous design in bulk, that may account for why they left the older style "stock" photos up.

The second photo you posted from Ebay is the current design, that has appeared on all Cleto Reyes training gloves manufactured in the last two years. If you go to the "Rate this Gear" guys Youtube review on the Cleto Reyes Training Gloves in 16oz. Lace Ups, you will see that the review he did was posted in the last month. The gloves he reviewed were compted to him by Boxing Depot. Boxing Depot gets supplied by Ringside, and you can see that the ones he is reviewing are the same design as the ones offered on Ebay by HAMD.

At any rate, Boxing Depot and Ringside Boxing are completely out of Cleto Reyes Training Gloves in 16oz. Lace Ups. So, any gloves that come from Ringside in the future "should" have the same logos and designs as those pictured on Ebay.

See the attached video:

Note in the Video: As I said in the original post, even though he states, "he did not like the original ones that he got from Ringside", the ones he "now likes" came from Boxing Depot who is supplied by Ringside. So, they both came from Ringside. Little things like that, and outdated stock images are fueling the debate and controversy.

I bought some gloves from Lockwood Industries over 2 years ago. We spoke on this exact subject and he stated that the cut of the 2 gloves is different.

Im getting a pair from boxingdepot.com.......has anyone ever ordered from there?

I disagree 1000%. They are not the same glove and I'm going by exp.

Well, I can't stop you from disagreeing 1000%, because, that's your option. What I can tell you is that they are the same gloves. Reyes does not make two separate gloves, one for Mexican distribution, and one for USA distribution.

The fact is that I specifically went out of my way to purchase "Mexican Market" Reyes gloves, that came sealed in the factory package from Reyes in Mexico, and have a 9k series serial number stamped on them. All the writing on the exterior package labels was in Spanish only, and when I opened the gloves, and fished down into the inside of the one of the gloves, there was a loose paper tag that had been placed in there by Reyes at the factory, that had a,

"USA Borders and Protection Agency" offical authorization number stamped on it for USA Import and Distribution.

This was in additon to Mexican Government numbers.

So, if you prefer to believe the marketing ploy that you got something "extra special, authentic, and different" in the "Mexican Market" gloves, you are certainly more than welcome to do that. Me, however, I would prefer to base my findings on personal knowledge, and fact.

Last edited:
Their basically a sub division of Ringside. I would order from Kurt at Lockwood Industries.

And, Boxing Depot is not a subdivision of Ringside. They merely purchase some of their products from Ringside, who by the way, is an Official Distributor of Reyes in Mexico.

I got my hands on an official 2010 product catalog in .pdf format directly from Cleto Reyes. (It was neither easy nor timely, for some reason.) It seems a little more comprehensive then their website. If anybody is interested in seeing it, and can tell me how to make it visible to the forum, then let me know and I can put it out there for all to see.

I got my hands on an official 2010 product catalog in .pdf format directly from Cleto Reyes. (It was neither easy nor timely, for some reason.) It seems a little more comprehensive then their website. If anybody is interested in seeing it, and can tell me how to make it visible to the forum, then let me know and I can put it out there for all to see.

If you have the original Link or URL address, you can highlight and copy it, then at the top of this messsage screen click on the globe and chain link symbol "insert link", it will open a separate screen at the top left. Just click and paste it into the area, but, be sure you hit and delete the preformatted "http" symbol before you copy and paste the entire code into that area or you will get two "https" and it will fail. Then just hit ok, and it will add the link to the message box.

I have bought mine from this site. I guess it's mexican market ones then?

It's out there for all to see. After further review, there are products in this catalog that aren't on their website. Maybe you can get one of the aforementioned resellers to stock up on something you like.

http://www.southwesternmuaythai.com/CLETO_REYES_2010.pdf

I have bought mine from this site. I guess it's mexican market ones then?

Yeah, I hear that is a really good site, and I think quite a few people from here get their Cleto Reyes gloves from there. He used to sell on Ebay and may still, but I didn't know he had his own website. He is one of the few places that seems to have the Casanova's. "Chino" has some and so does "Clamp" or at least he did. They both say the Casanova's are great gloves.

And, Boxing Depot is not a subdivision of Ringside. They merely purchase some of their products from Ringside, who by the way, is an Official Distributor of Reyes in Mexico.

Read my post again. I said they are basically a sub division not they are a subdivision. Which means they purchase from a larger distributor.:)

Well, I can't stop you from disagreeing 1000%, because, that's your option. What I can tell you is that they are the same gloves. Reyes does not make two separate gloves, one for Mexican distribution, and one for USA distribution.

The fact is that I specifically went out of my way to purchase "Mexican Market" Reyes gloves, that came sealed in the factory package from Reyes in Mexico, and have a 9k series serial number stamped on them. All the writing on the exterior package labels was in Spanish only, and when I opened the gloves, and fished down into the inside of the one of the gloves, there was a loose paper tag that had been had been placed in there by Reyes at the factory, that had a,

"USA Borders and Protection Agency" offical authorization number stamped on it for USA Import and Distribution.

This was in additon to Mexican Government numbers.

So, if you prefer to believe the marketing ploy that you got something "extra special, authentic, and different" in the "Mexican Market" gloves, you are certainly more than welcome to do that. Me, however, I would prefer to base my findings on personal knowledge, and fact.

It's not my option its my opinion. Just like you have yours. And no I don't believe I have 'something "extra special, authentic, and different" in the "Mexican Market" gloves'. But I do believe I have the Mexican 'only' type of gloves. The proof is in the puddin so to speak. And most people that have/had both not only agree with Lockwood Industries and my opinion. But their Ringside version where either sold or not used. The other 1% is you.:)

Ok, here is the thing with my pair:

Made in Mexico (according to inside label), 2K.

It's not my option its my opinion. Just like you have yours. And no I don't believe I have 'something "extra special, authentic, and different" in the "Mexican Market" gloves'. But I do believe I have the Mexican 'only' type of gloves. The proof is in the puddin so to speak. And most people that have/had both not only agree with Lockwood Industries and my opinion. But their Ringside version where either sold or not used. The other 1% is you.:)

You have to consider that all the people you claim agree with you and who sold their ringside gloves for the mexican market ones may have been led to believe they had something inferior by people like you saying there was something more authentic or better about the other ones.

You have to consider that all the people you claim agree with you and who sold their ringside gloves for the mexican market ones may have been led to believe they had something inferior by people like you saying there was something more authentic or better about the other ones.
I don't have to consider anything like that because I'm not in the business of trying to convince fighters which gloves to use. I'm not a seller or distributor of any type of product. So your going to have to consider that assuming something like you just mentioned is bogus.

Cleto Reyes "Mexican Market" Training Gloves vs "Ringside" Cleto Reyes Training Gloves.

Ok, here is the information that I obtained in reference to the on going debate as to which gloves are better, the Cleto Reyes "Mexican Market" Training Gloves or the "Ringside" Cleto Reyes Training Gloves. The information was obtained from the following sources:

* Cleto Reyes Boxing in Mexico.
* Ringside Boxing in USA. (Officially Authorized Cleto Reyes USA Distributor).
* Lockwood

Back