Clinton didn't win because she was a woman.

Obama was elected senator in 2004. The Senate is much higher-level experience than the House. And the rest of Obama's resume absolutely blows hers out of the water. It's frankly an embarrassing comparison for her.

Military service > college professor

Fwiw, Obama is an extremely intelligent man. Unfortunately, that quality and his hubris were detrimental to his presidency.

How so?

Then why did Obama sign Dodd-Frank? Why was Clinton pushing for further Wall Street reform? I think saying "X is tightly coupled to Wall Street" is just another vacuous partisan attack without tying it to specific policy claims. Further, tying claims of corruption to legitimate differences of opinion is harmful to the goal of actually trying to get things right (rather than just cheerleading the way geese does).

Well, if you ever decide to give the issue more thought, I think you'll see where you're wrong.

Smdh...

CGI was purely for buying political influence. If not, why did it shut down right after she lost?

Then why did Obama sign Dodd-Frank? Why was Clinton pushing for further Wall Street reform? I think saying "X is tightly coupled to Wall Street" is just another vacuous partisan attack without tying it to specific policy claims.
1:50 - 3:30

Of course, you can dig much deeper than this. I first heard about Obama's ties to Wall St. in 2008 and that was a pivotal moment in my understanding of the situation. It took a few years to sink in and I think I defended Obama for a few more years until changing my position.

Well, if you ever decide to give the issue more thought, I think you'll see where you're wrong.
Well, if I can be accused of something, its believing Chomsky. So, the "more thought" angle isn't persuasive.

Military service > college professor

Fwiw, Obama is an extremely intelligent man. Unfortunately, that quality and his hubris were detrimental to his presidency.
I agree. Obama and the Clintons' are all exceptionally clever. Obama in particular is a magnificent speaker. I find myself relieved that Trump is such an idiot, it helps create a layer of transparency that wouldn't otherwise exist.

I agree. Obama and the Clintons' are all exceptionally clever. Obama in particular is a magnificent speaker. I find myself relieved that Trump is such an idiot, it helps create a layer of transparency that wouldn't otherwise exist.

Its interesting to consider the effect of public speaking isn't it? you look back to Bush Jnr for example and he was viewed as "dumb" due to not being such a commending public speaker but I think this does actually appeal to certain people. In Bush's case I think many viewed him as more of "man of the people" due to it and in Trumps case much more of a straight talker.

I mean I think all of those things are potentially questionable but its much less a case of "good/bad" public speaker than I think many assume.

le_pen_veil_islam_ben_garrison.jpg

That Le Pen caricature could easily pass for a cartoon Hillary.

Translation - "I'm stupid enough to believe this."

Stop watching CNN and MSNBC, and realise Hillary wasn't a popular even among Democrat voters.

She was such a horrible candidate, Donald 'Grab Women By The Pussy' Trump, beat her by an electoral landslide.

She wasn't popular because she was a bitch.

I also don't watch tv.

Hillary lost white women by 10 points. Her entire career was built on her being female. Don't count her out, she still has plans on being President.

White women live in the same culture as white men and adopt the same cultural lenses --- it's not really an argument to say, "oh, all the women I know hated her."

Secondly, the fact that it was a close race makes it easier to make these types of claims because whatever moved the needle need not be terribly influential on a universal level.

So my point would be that there were enough totally blown away by the bitch/witch mystique that it swayed a tight race, enough people being not many.

greatA said she's a normal politician. I think she is, too. Normal politicians usually have good academic track records and are capable of making sound arguments. Clinton had all that.

1:50 - 3:30

Of course, you can dig much deeper than this. I first heard about Obama's ties to Wall St. in 2008 and that was a pivotal moment in my understanding of the situation. It took a few years to sink in and I think I defended Obama for a few more years until changing my position.

Well, if I can be accused of something, its believing Chomsky. So, the "more thought" angle isn't persuasive.

I don't watch vids, though Chomsky is pretty predictable (just phones it in these days). The fact is that WS opposed Dodd-Frank and Obama supported it, and the reforms have been extremely effective. And Clinton was pushing for further regs. And trying to frame policy disagreements as personal corruption is destructive. Whatever one thinks of her positions on policy, Clinton is a decent, honorable human being.

Also, I'd suggest that getting a sharper understanding of issues like this isn't a matter of picking a guru you trust. You have to get in there and really work to understand the issues.

White women live in the same culture as white men and adopt the same cultural lenses --- it's not really an argument to say, "oh, all the women I know hated her."

Secondly, the fact that it was a close race makes it easier to make these types of claims because whatever moved the needle need not be terribly influential on a universal level.

So my point would be that there were enough totally blown away by the bitch/witch mystique that it swayed a tight race, enough people being not many.

greatA said she's a normal politician. I think she is, too. Normal politicians usually have good academic track records and are capable of making sound arguments. Clinton had all that.

She lost white women by 10 points and white men by 30 points. Where the line is for women who voted for her primarily because she is female and men who voted against her primarily because she is female is difficult to determine. The "same cultural lenses" differed by 20 points.

Whatever one thinks of her positions on policy, Clinton is a decent, honorable human being.

Decades of aiding and abetting her rapist husband in order to further her political career says otherwise.

This is the sort of obviously triggering line that makes your trolling jump the shark. It's right up there with claiming Hillary was the anti-establishment candidate.

Decades of aiding and abetting her rapist husband in order to further her political career says otherwise.

This is the sort of obviously triggering line that makes your trolling jump the shark. It's right up there with claiming Hillary was the anti-establishment candidate.

Yes, this is the kind of moronic tribalistic response that is pretty common here. No one who disagrees with you politically can ever be a good person.

Yes, this is the kind of moronic tribalistic response that is pretty common here. No one who disagrees with you politically can ever be a good person.

What part of Hillary's unwillingness to expose her husband's serial sexual assault and willingness to viciously attack and undermine his victims do you find the most honorable?

I love the salty tears against Trump. He won, because people feel the problems he had spoken, simple as that.

Now its time to make a big, beautiful, powerful wall. Is already behind schedule.

Back