Closest you ever came to dying

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For me there were two very different times I was close to dying.

The first was in college.

Let me set the tone.....
My friends and I were getting fucked up. They were trying to get me to transfer from App State to UNC-W. We had a party at their house and my buddy played a trick on me when I was quite drunk, in fact very drunk.. He had me do a beer bong of water then handed me a glass of vodka to chuck after. I chugged 3-4 shots before I realized what happened. I woke up the most hung over I've ever been at 6 PM the next day completely naked on the floor of the living room. I'm quite sure I was like 2-3 drink from the kid you hear about who just stop breathing after drinking too much.

The next near death occurrence was when I was trying to get home before a tornado.
I was trying to get home before a hurricane. I stopped at the liquor store since I figured we would be without power and might as well have fun with it. I was about 3/4 a mile from my house when a tornado dropped out of the sky. We were awaiting a hurricane(usually long and rainy not really a big deal) we got a tornado(fucking crazy and WILL KILL YOU). So I feel the atmosphere drop(I don't know how else to describe it). Next I see the stop lights WHIP off the wire and I said "FUCK I'M IN IT". There are VERY large trees 50' and bigger falling all around me. I try to speed home. It's only like 1 mile away so I should make it, but it's through a wooded area. I GUN IT. I make it 3/4th the way through until I come up to a tree that is completely across the road. I sit there for about 3 minutes and it seems the storm has passed. From there it was very boring. It took me like 2 hours to go around and find weird routes to get back to my place where I watched 3/4 a movie on my laptop until it died.

Full on anaphylaxis from a bee sting when I was 7. Minutes away from ending up like Mcauley Culkin in My Girl.

Last edited:
Been shot at on 6 separate occasions so prolly one of those

I did a bunch of push ups once and felt like I was gonna puke.

I broke my pinky catching a football when I was 10.

Saw Tracy McGrady wearing this suit and almost died laughing.

feat26.jpg

Wrecked my car as a teenager, that wasn't what almost killed me though. About 2 weeks later I experienced some discomfort in my chest but I didn't think anything of it. Over the next few days it got worse until I couldn't tough it out anymore. Basically by that point it had swelled like I had a B cup on my right pec. I ended up going to the ER, getting it lanced and having a gauze wick put in to drain it. I had to go back to get it done 3 more times over the next few weeks. Basically it was a massive infection caused my tissue damage from the airbag impact.

I had a really high fever as a kid I passed out.

woke up and was in my underwear covered by some cooling device the paramedics had as put me in the ambulance.

I passed out again and they gave me a spinal tap, I woke up with my arm bandaged up because the had also stuck a needle there.

The second time I was about 8 and caught some bad infection in Mexico which almost caused me to shit my self to death.

the third time I was also a kid there was a drive by and the bullet missed my head by maybe 3-5" I felt a piece of brick bounce off my head,a taller kid would have had his head blown off.

Allergic reaction to meds.

Tongue swelled, throat closed... had to call an amberlamps

Hmm...

closest I felt to death was the first time I did mushrooms. LOL.

Closest I actually came to dying....

not sure. One time I was hanging out on a wharf when I was like 11. Got a little ballsy and got caught by a wave, got thrown against the wharf, all cut up and sheeit. I scrambled, got caught by another wave, thrown against the rocks a 2nd time, started freaking out bad, bleeding badly, and mustered the strength and speed to scramble out. So not that close.

I had a really scary moment when I was walking down scaffolding steps about 6 stories up when I was taking a step down and realized my shoelace was untied and that I was stepping on it with my back foot. If I didn't catch my balance I could very well have toppled over.

I don't know if the company put this scaffolding up incorrectly or what, but it not have proper railings at each landing. It was just cross bracing like you see on the back side of the stairs in this picture.

ZFIXEDSTAIRTOWER-20-2.jpg

Was out playing and cut my hand on a rusty pipe when I was 9. Got home and showed my mom and she shit a brick. I had a red streak than ran from my hand up to my armpit. Dr said another 5 minutes and I would have died.

I've been very close more than once.

Closest was being thrown from a moving vehicle on the highway and rolled over by the vehicle.

Death didn't want me, bc I scare it.

What a bitch ass car that ran you over.
It was a Chevy Tahoe. I flew out of the back window, landed on the shoulder of the highway, the SUV rolled, and the empty window landed on me instead of the side of the vehicle. Continued rolling and scooped me back in.

Strangers hugged me.

Grade 10 , a buddy was over and I bet him I could swallow a pickle , I tried to swallow it and it of course got lodged in my throat, he thought I was joking for the first 45 seconds before realising I was choking , this was long before the Heimlich so he starts pounding me on the back , I was close to blacking out when it came out , I figure I was about 30 seconds away from ending on one of those stupidest ways to die shows

Fall asleep while drive more than once

Almost crashed into a light pole going 45.

Spear fishing (in Australia you cant spear fish with SCUBA gear) , shot a very big jew fish and being a idiot didnt release my gun and fight it from my float line. dragged me into a narrow cave and i struggle to get out. I was blacking out as I reached the surface of the water for air.

Had to lay on my back and recover for a good 10 minutes before going back down to recover the fish.

Spear fishing (in Australia you cant spear fish with SCUBA gear) , shot a very big jew fish and being a idiot didnt release my gun and fight it from my float line. dragged me into a narrow cave and i struggle to get out. I was blacking out as I reached the surface of the water for air.

Had to lay on my back and recover for a good 10 minutes before going back down to recover the fish.

Have you ever met a great white shark?

Wasn't here a guy who was in the canadian ''mafia'' or something? I think he had some close calls, forgot his nickname tho.

Back