CLUE Reboot Starring Ryan Reynolds (Jason Bateman to Direct)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: January 22, 2018

Ryan Reynolds to Star in Live-Action CLUE Reboot with DEADPOOL Scribes

o9JhgUq.jpg

While questions abound over how Twentieth Century Fox’s feature assets will integrate into Disney, the studio has sent a clue that Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds will be big part of the mix. Fox has made a three-year first look deal with Reynolds’ Maximum Effort to hatch projects for the studio. They’ve got the first picture that Reynolds will produce under the new deal.

It is a live action film based on the Hasbro board game Clue, with Maximum Effort producing along with Allspark Pictures, the film division of Hasbro. Fox is in the process of reteaming Reynolds with Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who wrote the first Deadpool film. The writers are in talks.

The film will be developed as a star vehicle for Reynolds, based on the mythology of the venerable board game.

This is a big deal for Fox chairman/CEO Stacey Snider and vice chairman Emma Watts. Deadpool became the highest grossing Fox film since Avatar, as its $783 million worldwide gross establishing itself as the highest global grossing R-rated film of all time. The studio will release the untitled Deadpool sequel, which David Leitch directed, on May 18.

Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Screenwriters

Clue, huh? I had forgotten that was a thing that happened.

Hey, anyone see the Murder on the Orient Express reboot?

Bruh, they've been talking about rebooting Clue for years. Last I heard Gore Verbinski was set to direct.

At this point, I'll believe this film is coming when I see it.

But if they do make it, it will be interesting to see what direction they go with it. I doubt it will be anything like the first film.

I love the original. It's a legit classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's actually a decent selection, though I don't imagine he will outdo Tim Curry

tumblr_ma5hu0xAuo1qim2ju.gif

Fuck that shit

Tim Curry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anyone who hasn't seen it, check out the original before Hollywood butchers another one

Classic flick

I refuse to believe the original will be outdone.

Fuck that shit

Anyone who hasn't seen it, check out the original before Hollywood butchers another one

Classic flick

It’s certainly a classic.

That said, I’d imagine they will go a different direction with this one.

Let me guess though, Reynolds’ protagonist will be quick witted and snarky.

Fuck that shit

Classic flick

That was prime Curry, still coming in fresh with all of his stage-acting energy. He owned the entire film. Literally felt like he was ushering the other actors through the tempest. Great film.

Deadpool writers? I'm in.

It’s certainly a classic.

That said, I’d imagine they will go a different direction with this one.

When Gore Verbinski was still attached it was being described as "a globe-trotting thriller with deductive reasoning at its core." But this sounds like they may have completely gone back to the drawing board.

Fuck that shit

Classic flick
This

Also, has imo one of greatest closing lines to any film ever

Rocky Horror, IT and now Clue remake.

Please keep it up Hollywood, you're only reminding everyone how god level Tim Curry was.

His busy schedule makes me think he's not taking his upcoming role as Pikachu seriously.

Ryan Reynolds to Star in Live-Action CLUE Reboot with DEADPOOL Screenwriters

While questions abound over how Twentieth Century Fox’s feature assets will integrate into Disney, the studio has sent a clue that Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds will be big part of the mix. Fox has made a three-year first look deal with Reynolds’ Maximum Effort to hatch projects for the studio. They’ve got the first picture that Reynolds will produce under the new deal.

It is a live action film based on the Hasbro board game Clue, with Maximum Effort producing along with Allspark Pictures, the film division of Hasbro. Fox is in the process of reteaming Reynolds with Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who wrote the first Deadpool film. The writers are in talks.

The film will be developed as a star vehicle for Reynolds, based on the mythology of the venerable board game.

This is a big deal for Fox chairman/CEO Stacey Snider and vice chairman Emma Watts. Deadpool became the highest grossing Fox film since Avatar, as its $783 million worldwide gross establishing itself as the highest global grossing R-rated film of all time. The studio will release the untitled Deadpool sequel, which David Leitch directed, on May 18.

Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Screenwriters
They better not fuck it up. The first CLUE was a classic.

Ryan Reynolds to Star in Live-Action CLUE Reboot with DEADPOOL Screenwriters

Will he play Wadsworth or one of the character's from the game?

I'm less interested in who will try and fill the shoes for Curry than I am in who will fill the brassieres of these two:

NextAfraidGuppy.gif
law%2Bgif.gif

Back