CNN, MSNBC look away as Trump hosts families of victims killed by illegal immigrants

3. Obama did not have a policy nor the record number of separations,

I'll wager you can't provide figures on the number of families separated under President Obama. I'll also wager that some interest group has already filed a FOIR for that information, and that it won't be available for at least a year.

evidence that Obama didn’t have to fill empty Walmart’s or construct camps. Obama policy separated children from parents if a child’s safety was in question.

I was referring to controversy about the Obama administration's detention practices.

The Obama administration was filling for-profit privately run detention facilities with migrant children and family units.

Huge difference than across the line separations.

There is/was no Trump policy of "across the line separations". For example, parents of infants/toddlers are not prosecuted as a matter of policy. So if you want to get into the US illegally, bring a toddler and you'll be released together within 20 days under FSA.

Last edited:
Children have been detained longer than 20 days and right now the average is 57 days therefore a violation.
That does seem like a violation. I'll have to look into it more. Thank you for that information.

Trump has already asked the courts to forego the incarceration time limit now that the children are with their parents as getting them through the system will take longe than 20 days. If Trump just added more Judges like Cruz and others had suggested this would be a much easier thing to deal with.

Before Cruz proposed anything, Trump already did add more judges and prosecutors:

May 2, 2018

"We are announcing today that we are adding 35 assistant United States attorneys to the border to prosecute illegal entries into our country," Sessions said at the Justice Department.

He also announced that the Justice Department would be moving 18 immigration judges to the border, to function "full-time" on moving asylum cases, a 50-percent increase in the number of immigration judges to handle asylum claims. Sessions said these would be supervisory judges who don't have existing case loads, in order to keep immigration cases moving.

5. The only reason for comparing is due to right wing hacks and the President pulling a but but it’s not us it’s also them. Remember this is the Democrats not fault after all.

I find this response absurd, although I think it might reflect differing assumptions about what has happened.

I'll assume you accept the MSM's routine replacement of the term "Trump's zero-tolerance policy" with "Trump's policy of separating immigrant families".

Suppose we learn through release of DHS records that during the last migrant surge (2014), the Obama DHS separated families at a similar rate to that of the Trump administration. In that case, we would have to say that Obama also had a "family separation policy", or otherwise stop using that term with reference to Trump.

Would you then admit that a comparison is justified to improve our ability to communicate accurately and provide context?

7 The fact that separation is often necessary due to an inability to prove parent/child relationship, a prior conviction on the record of the parent, or numerous other causes

7. It’s a zero tolerance policy enacted by the Trump administration.

How is this a response to my point? Separation of family units of the border is often necessary. I believe you would separate families if you were running DHS.

6 The fact that infants and small children are not separated from parents as a matter of policy

6. I think it’s unclear to say small children are kept with parents.

“We do not separate babies from adults,” a DHS official told reporters during a background briefing. “It’s a bright line.”

“Nothing could be further from the truth and these allegations are unsubstantiated,” the spokesman, Carlos Diaz, told CNN in an email.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/0...-ripped-breastfeeding-baby-from-mother-645113

Not if you and your family are in danger due to violence, war or extreme poverty. Especially if you're will to work and contribute to America.

I break the law easily if I was in their position no question asked. YOU would too. I actually chuckle when people act like they wouldn't do the same. Gtfo lol.

The natives must find the hypocrisy of the USA embarrassing to make laws about immigration lol.

This is my position too. I have a daughter and would do anything I could to protect her including breaking immigration laws. I cannot condemn anyone form doing the same under your stated conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't looked into it, but I think it's only "weird" if the parents think it's "weird". Those of us whose kids weren't killed should have fuck all to say about it.
...What? Why would you only think it's weird if they think it's weird?

...What? Why would you only think it's weird if they think it's weird?
It's certainly possible they wanted the signatures.

If you watch the press conference, you'll see that many of the "angel parents" are deeply grateful to President Trump for getting serious on the illegal immigration issue. They are ecstatic to finally have a president who is putting this issue front and center. It's something extremely personal to them.

Last edited:
If you watch the press conference, you'll see that many of the "angel parents" are deeply grateful to President Trump for getting serious on the illegal immigration issue. They are ecstatic to finally have a president who is putting this issue front and center. It's something extremely personal to them. It's certainly possible they wanted the signatures.
Doesn't make it any less odd that they were ecstatic about it.

Doesn't make it any less odd that they were ecstatic about it.

None of my kids have ever been killed, and it's disturbing to me that you are so concerned about what these people want to do with photos of their dead kids.

These people blame past administrations for not closing the loopholes that got their kids killed. Now they have a president they believe in, who they think will close those loopholes. Why can't you just let them have a little hope?

This is my position too. I have a daughter and would do anything I could to protect her including breaking immigration laws. I cannot condemn anyone form doing the same under your stated conditions.

It's pretty clear that many of these parents are not fleeing persecution but are simply looking for a better life for them and their kids---better wages, health care, education.

While that's also understandable, it doesn't give them the right to break the law. There are probably a billion poor people in the world who would like to come to the US and start a new life. We can't sustain that kind of influx.

Last edited:
Why can't you just let them have a little hope?
Stop being so dramatic. I think it's weird for the president to put his signature on pictures of deceased kids. I've never seen anyone do anything like it before, ever. It's either really clumsy or really narcissistic.

Stop being so dramatic. I think it's weird for the president to put his signature on pictures of deceased kids. I've never seen anyone do anything like it before, ever. It's either really clumsy or really narcissistic.
You seem like the melodramatic one here. If the parents asked for the signatures, why would you ridicule Trump for obliging? That seems spiteful.

You seem like the melodramatic one here. If the parents asked for the signatures, why would you ridicule Trump for obliging? That seems spiteful.
Is there any reason to think they asked for it? I'm melodramatic for thinking it's odd, but you're not melodramatic by implying I take away their hope?

Is there any reason to think they asked for it?
The fact that so many of them are visibly grateful to President Trump is suggestive. We don't know either way. My point is that it's messed up to judge the situation without knowing the details.

I'm melodramatic for thinking it's odd, but you're not melodramatic by implying I take away their hope?
To assume that Trump's action of signing the photos is "either really clumsy or really narcissistic" is melodramatic.

Re: hope, I wonder if you actually watched the press conference. Many of these people are still devastated years after the killings. They all support Trump wholeheartedly. So to me, if you attack Trump for signing the photos of their dead children without having talked to the parents about their view you're taking things a step too far.

Is there any reason to think they asked for it?

As a personal reminder that the President gives a shit.

Let's say it was Trump's idea though, and he said "I want to personally sign these pictures so every time you look at them, you'll have physical evidence of being heard by the President of the United States, and know that he is working to correct the problem that got them killed."

Still a dickhead who signed them out vanity?

Like I said before though, who cares what the reason is? If the families aren't offended, and aren't questioning why he did it, why are you?

Donald always has had a tendency to give inappropriate compliments like about his daughters legs and tits when she was an infant and the fact that he would date her if she wasn't his daughter. Also his complimenting of Macrons wife and that he seems to think that his new bestie Kim Yung Un 'loves his people' among many other praises and that he calls US military training in Korea 'war games' are not very tactical.

Here's another 'compliment' made earlier today. Trying to score some anti immigration points he paraded some people who were vicitimized by illegal foreigners and managed to tell a mother that her dead son 'Is Tom Selleck (akward laughter) except better looking right? Better looking'.
http://www.thisisinsider.com/president-trump-tom-selleck-murder-victim-immigration-2018-6

I've gotta hand it to him, he keeps surprising me.

Making click link for picture, how dare you.

Only hitler wouldnclaim there’s a better looking man than tom selleck (I’m his prime of course). Magnum PI style, not that washed up Jesse stone bullshit.

Finally you admit Trump=Hitler you kinda like Trump. So @bushman505 kinda likes Hitler. Boom checkmate.

Back