Fusion-GPS Megathread: Co-Founder of Fusion-GPS cancels testimony to Senate

Or maybe Devin Nunes is a complete hack and is using the committee politically. Maybe.
He's doing that for sure, and publicizing/marketing it as hard as he can. Still, if we're going to nail republicans/Trumpers for playing loose with disclosure laws, we should nail everyone for it. That's as far as I see this going. Dossier seems like a mixed bag of bullshit and bullseyes. Was that Steele's work, or did he bite a Russian hook?

Wow. Embrassing leftist behaviour ITT when Fawlty is the best liberal poster in a thread...

No, embarrassing behavior would be imitating Trump bots and skipping any discussion and instead just shit posting nothing burger, pepe memes, and autistically screeching fake news about everything.

He's doing that for sure, and publicizing/marketing it as hard as he can. Still, if we're going to nail republicans/Trumpers for playing loose with disclosure laws, we should nail everyone for it. That's as far as I see this going. Dossier seems like a mixed bag of bullshit and bullseyes. Was that Steele's work, or did he bite a Russian hook?
I don't really know about the last part. But, we'll see how it shakes out. This has #FAKENEWS written all over it. Maybe they can open an investigation into Hillary again while they're at it.

There really isn't much here though. And there isn't much potential for a huge story. Oppo. researchers potentially stepping over the line a bit? Meh. Plenty of room for speculation, but most of the speculation I have read has been bad.

It isn't about GPS Fusion overstepping the line. GPS Fusion did what they had to do to get the job done. I don't fault them for that. But this is an important part of the bigger conversation, which is how Russia was influencing our election. We know that GPS Fusion was fed their info from the Kremlin. Why did the Kremlin feed them that information? Did the clients who paid for the info know its source? There are a lot of questions here the need to be understood. I don't think GPS Fusion did anything wrong themselves, but I think they might have info about the wrongdoings of others.

The intel chiefs spoke about that a few months ago. They said that it was classic disinfo 101. Russia took some things which were true and only they knew, somethings which had been reported on previously, and some outright lies and jumbled them up in one pot.

No, embarrassing behavior would be imitating Trump bots and skipping any discussion and instead just shit posting nothing burger, pepe memes, and autistically screeching fake news about everything.

That's exactly what you've done.

The first poster screamed about fake news. You screamed nothing burger.
Fawlty is the only one of you who actually addressed the topic.

That's exactly what you've done.

The first poster screamed about fake news. You screamed nothing burger.
Fawlty is the only one of you who actually addressed the topic.
What topic? That there's nothing to discuss because no new information came out? And where did I say it was a "nothing burger"?

What new information came out of this hearing?

What topic? That there's nothing to discuss because no new information came out? And where did I say it was a "nothing burger"?

What new information came out of this hearing?

We are discussing the fact that they plead the fifth. See, we didn't get any information from them because they won't answer Congress' questions. That's the problem.
If you would have read the article, you would have known that.

We are discussing the fact that they plead the fifth. See, we didn't get any information from them because they won't answer Congress' questions. That's the problem.
If you would have read the article, you would have known that.

I know they plead the fifth. Did you expect them to give up all the goods? These types of hearings have been going on since the summer and everyone has been "I plead the fifth" or "I can't discuss that".

mshckd.gif

You post an article that you use in an argument but yet it is very fake news?

What part of the artical is fake?
you trump parrots are a joke lol.
another far right circle jerk thread oh fun!!
No surprise you can't answer the question.
Shit poster! Shit thread!
I didn't read the article, and don't really care enough to do so. But I don't really think anything about it, because I don't really think there's enough substance to the hearing to really have anything to consider. By that I mean isn't it pretty expected that everytime there's one of these hearings in front of some committee or similar everyone pulls the "I can't answer that question" line of defense? It's not really anything new and all these hearings so far have been a big snoozefest.

All these hearings are just a big horse and pony show.

Why can't you guys read an article and reply to the content of the thread instead of complaining about right wingers

Really weird behavior

What are Trump bots? Sorry not up to speed on the latest leftist CT's and paranoid fantasies.

The intel chiefs spoke about that a few months ago. They said that it was classic disinfo 101. Russia took some things which were true and only they knew, somethings which had been reported on previously, and some outright lies and jumbled them up in one pot.
I'm questioning who Steele was actually working for. Definitely the normal kind of mixed bag disinfo that we see out of Russia. I'm curious whether Steele was aware of that, because there are a few things in there that shouldn't have gotten past his bullshit filter.

For instance, we know that Putin is trying to undermine the west and create political division. But to suggest that Trump is compromised for embarrassing personal info seems silly. Trump is potentially compromised because of the heavy Russian investment in his companies. And there is probably a lot of money laundering going on, whether Trump committed a crime related to that or not. Russian hooker piss is funny, but it's not important.

We should be looking at Rosneft-Exxon and Crimea, whether Trump is brokering the deal through Tillerson, whether he's collecting a few billion for it through the offshore shell game, etc. That's where the half-trillion dollar interest is. We should be looking at whether policy considerations were exchanged for something during the campaign. How much of this is about the oil deal? Who gets to move the oil? This involves the US, Russia, Ukraine, & Turkey.

I don't give much of a shit about opposition research and dirty politics when compared to stuff with huge geo consequences.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/18/politics/fusion-gps-partners-plead-fifth-before-house-intel/index.html (very fake news)

The Dem sponsored "research" firm Fusion GPS, which produced the now-debunked Steele Dossier (pissgate). The firm has come under scrutiny after Congress learned that they dossier was purchased from active KGB-agents, and lawmakers want to understand more about the source of funds Fusion GPS used to purchase the dossier.

Nunes (R) subpoena'd the partners last week, though the top-ranking Democrat on the committee opposed the subpoena's. Instead of cooperating with lawmakers, the partners elected to invoke their 5th amendment rights, and refused to answer any questions.

Why is Fusion GPS refusing to cooperate with the Russian investigation? Obviously they feel they may be incriminated by answering some of the questions, so what are they hiding?
If you disclose that cnn is fake news, then why are you posting fake news?

Back