Fusion-GPS Megathread: Co-Founder of Fusion-GPS cancels testimony to Senate

Well, this certainly adds to the credibility of the case that Trump "colluded" with Russia.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-trump-dossier-interview-on-capitol-hill.html

Two top officials at the political research firm behind a salacious dossier alleging various Russian connections to President Trump's campaign invoked their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination before the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday.

Fusion GPS co-founder Peter Fritsch and top lieutenant Thomas Catan were subpoenaed to appear before the committee in a closed-door session on Wednesday but asserted their right not to testify, a source close to the matter told Fox News.

"Democrats and Fusion GPS have tried to obstruct every effort to get the facts about the compilation of the Steele dossier and who paid for it, so it’s no surprise that Fusion GPS is saying they’ll continue to obstruct these efforts. Fusion GPS is clearly paving the way to plead the fifth, and Congress is trying to find out if they're trying to hide something."

Fusion GSP

09BPBGK.jpg

I wonder how this fight will go down
Bisping is just about right for a first fight back

Are they the same group the DNC hired to investigate their servers and determined that it was the Russians, yet refused to let anyone else investigate them, or another group?

Well, the situation is not black and white.
"In a statement, Levy accused Nunes of using “his office to learn about who funded opposition research on Donald Trump than whether the Russian government interfered with our election. Americans of all political stripes should find his actions chilling."

Nunes stepped back from the Russia investigation after criticism he was too close to the White House, but is still chairman of the panel and signs its subpoenas."

Are they the same group the DNC hired to investigate their servers and determined that it was the Russians, yet refused to let anyone else investigate them, or another group?

Fusion GPS was hired by the Dems multiple times, for multiple reasons, but claimed to find shit about Trump that wasn't real. Now they don't want to talk about it.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/24/inside-the-shadowy-intelligence-firm-behind-the-trump-dossier/

Fusion GPS was on the payroll of an unidentified Democratic ally of Clinton when it hired a long-retired British spy to dig up dirt on Trump. In 2012, Democrats hired Fusion GPS to uncover dirt on GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. And in 2015, Democratic ally Planned Parenthood retained Fusion GPS to investigate pro-life activists protesting the abortion group.

Fusion GPS was hired by the Dems multiple times, for multiple reasons, but claimed to find shit about Trump that wasn't real. Now they don't want to talk about it.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/24/inside-the-shadowy-intelligence-firm-behind-the-trump-dossier/

thanks, but do you know if they are also the firm that investigated the dems hard drives, said russians, and dems wouldn't let fbi investigate?

I always assumed the fbi, or some other more legit agency was the ones that determined it was russia, I assume the general public thinks this too. A while back I read it was a dnc hired firm and the dnc won't share, that sounds shady as fuck

I tried googling but couldnt find who investigated for the dems.

thanks, but do you know if they are also the firm that investigated the dems hard drives, said russians, and dems wouldn't let fbi investigate?

I always assumed the fbi, or some other more legit agency was the ones that determined it was russia, but a while back I read it was a dnc hired firm. that sounds shady as fuck

To my knowledge, it was only the FBI that was involved in investigating those hard drives. I wasn't aware of a third party being involved.

To my knowledge, it was only the FBI that was involved in investigating those hard drives. I wasn't aware of a third party being involved.

Maybe it was Hillary's HDD? It was one or the other. Hillary's or DNC but I thought it was DNC. I'm certain I read that one of them was investigated by a 3rd party DNC-hired org.

Fusion GPS co-founder Peter Fritsch and top lieutenant Thomas Catan were subpoenaed to appear before the committee in a closed-door session on Wednesday but asserted their right not to testify, a source close to the matter told Fox News.

What is it that determines whether a session is to be closed-door or televised? Roger Stone's testimony wasn't publicized either.

What is it that determines whether a session is to be closed-door or televised? Roger Stone's testimony wasn't publicized either.

I don't know what the criteria for that is, but it certainly benefits the individuals being questioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back