Coast Guard removes employee from Florence duty over alleged "white power" gesture

Man, it really sucks that the immature little circle game I've played with my man-child friends since high school has been ruined by either white power fuckwits, and/or an over zealous media and outrage culture.

I'm still not convinced that this gesture has actually been adopted by racists. I still think this is just 4chan trolling seeping out and infecting the real world.

Fucking 4chan.
Oh please. 4chan did it to see if it would work and it did. Don't blame them for this. Blame people who were stupid enough to fall for it.

Again. What questions did I not answer?

My first response to you. The one that you ignored and strawmanned right from the beginning by saying that I said the pictures were old, which is not even close to being a part of the post.

Here is the post:

I don't think anybody is doing that. I think people just recognize that it seems like a goofy deflection, honestly. Traditionally, it's the "okay" sign. It's also commonly a children's game. More recently, it's been a sort of weird hand gesture used by some people in the creepy section of the right wing. People use it for different purposes.

So the questions are:

1. Is it inappropriate and embarrassing no matter what? Yes. It's obviously inappropriate to weasle into the TV frame during a live interview, while at work, and try to throw up hand gestures in the background. Even getting on camera and waving behind your boss would be embarrassing.

2. What did he mean by it? Well, I told you the three options. Here they are again:

- Would he use the sign to mean "okay" during a live broadcast about a crisis, but try to hide it and be sneaky? Why the hell would he do any of that? Lol. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

- Would he play a children's game during a live broadcast about a crisis? That would explain the sneaky part, but it's humiliating for his employer to say a guy that immature and thoughtless works for them.

- Would he do some weird internet troll sign during a live broadcast about a crisis? That would explain the sneaky part, and would also be humiliating for his employer.

Watch the video and decide for yourself which one of those makes the most sense. I think it's pretty obviously either 2 or 3, since the first option makes no sense at all. But all three options make him an idiot, immature, and thoughtless.

Then ask yourself, do you want that moron working for the Coast Guard?

@LogicalInsanity I'm interested in your take here too.

I'll shorten it for you for time saving.

1. Watch the video, and tell me what makes the most sense to you. What is he doing? Is he making an "okay" sign on live TV during a tragedy? Is he playing a chidren's game on live TV during a tragedy? Is he trolling on live TV during a tragedy?

One of those is the answer. Which do you think is most likely?

2. Is there any possible appropriate explanation?

Lol.

"When being an internet troll goes wrong. News at 11!"

Time to grow up and develop some dignity.

This guy sure trolled the left hard. Ha! The left look like fools now, totally owned. He even gets to watch all the coverage about him owning the left from his own couch.

People are so consumed by their internet fantasy world that they are trolling themselves in real life now.

Imagine actually seeking an opportunity to make a internet troll sign on TV, while at work. Lol.

Time to grow up. If you find YouTube/4chan/whatever seeping into your real life, it's time to re-evaluate whether or not you can actually consider yourself an adult.

The story here is, just how deranged and invasive have adult trolls become? Doesn't Jordan Peterson tell them to clean their room? Lol.

I bet he doesn't. He's just one of the guys on Sherdog who watches Mike Cernovich videos and thinks trolling the internet is a reasonable thing for an adult to do. He's apparently an idiot. I would absolutely not employ somebody with such a clear lack of maturity and self control.

This is actually a hilarious story to me. It's time to leave the YouTube politics at home guys.

I bet he was so excited to tell his online friends that he threw up the Pepe sign on TV. Lol. During a crisis even.

Yeah, people are just throwing out as many deflections as possible at this point.

When I explained my opinion, I gave three possible reasons for him to make that hand gesture, remember?

1. Okay
2. Playing a kid's game
3. Trolling

I said it at least 5 times.

Yea. It sure sounds like you thought this guy might be playing a kids game at the beginning of this thread.

Knee jerk reaction where you thought this guy was on the WRONG side.

Yea. It sure sounds like you thought this guy might be playing a kids game at the beginning of this thread.

Knee jerk reaction where you thought this guy was on the WRONG side.

Oh don't get me wrong, my best guess is that he was trolling. I explained why I hold that opinion. It's also the opinion of several right wingers in here like Golden Nirvana.

I also thoroughly explained multiple times why my opinion on what he was doing is irrelevant, because I do not believe the other options are any more appropriate. I've been through all of this already.

No matter what he was doing, all three options are entirely inappropriate and he should be reprimanded. There is not an option where he's a mature adult.

Now here's the question again, will you actually formulate an opinion or will you continue dodging my question?

My first response to you. The one that you ignored and strawmanned right from the beginning by saying that I said the pictures were old, which is not even close to being a part of the post.

Here is the post:

I'll shorten it for you for time saving.

1. Watch the video, and tell me what makes the most sense to you. What is he doing? Is he making an "okay" sign on live TV during a tragedy? Is he playing a chidren's game on live TV during a tragedy? Is he trolling on live TV during a tragedy?

One of those is the answer. Which do you think is most likely?

2. Is there any possible appropriate explanation?

Lol. The post you are referring to you say “more recently”

On to your question asking me to try to figure out what a man I do not know is thinking?

I believe he’s likely playing the stupid kids game. Second I’d say he’s doing the troll thing. And I think it’s beyond horrible you’d delight in a dude getting fired for possibly playing a kids game on camera. Seriously, I can not imagine another human being getting joy from that. I understand you get crazy with this stupid political shit. But to get joy from another persons misery over something so minuscule is borderline psychotic

Now. What’s your explanation for Ocasio Cortez flashing the same sign in an even more pronounced way?

Uh oh, even the ADL (who have Pepe the Frog in their "hate symbol" database) said it's a hoax.

https://www.adl.org/blog/how-the-ok-symbol-became-a-popular-trolling-gesture

ok-hand-4chan-troll-684.jpg

Oh don't get me wrong, my best guess is that he was trolling. I explained why I hold that opinion. It's also the opinion of several right wingers in here like Golden Nirvana.

I also thoroughly explained multiple times why my opinion on what he was doing is irrelevant, because I do not believe the other options are any more appropriate. I've been through all of this already.

No matter what he was doing, all three options are entirely inappropriate and he should be reprimanded. There is not an option where he's a mature adult.

Now here's the question again, will you actually formulate an opinion or will you continue dodging my question?

Don’t mellow it down by saying he should be reprimanded. You were reveling in this guy getting fired. For what? It’s pathetic.

You are no better than the other goons in the WR that get joy off the other side getting hurt. The only difference is all this guy did was likely play a kids game on camera

Lol. Sit back and take that in. You took joy in a guy’s life possibly being changed in a negative way because he mad a kids game sign.

What Fucking human being thinks in that way

Lol. The post you are referring to you say “more recently”

On to your question asking me to try to figure out what a man I do not know is thinking?

I believe he’s likely playing the stupid kids game. Second I’d say he’s doing the troll thing. And I think it’s beyond horrible you’d delight in a dude getting fired for possibly playing a kids game on camera. Seriously, I can not imagine another human being getting joy from that. I understand you get crazy with this stupid political shit. But to get joy from another persons misery over something so minuscule is borderline psychotic

Now. What’s your explanation for Ocasio Cortez flashing the same sign in an even more pronounced way?

So you think he's playing a children's game, on national TV, during a live interview, while at work, during a tragedy?

That's not enough of a reason to get fired? Lol. Also, you know the entire point of the game is that the sign has to be below your waist. Otherwise the game is entirely pointless because you can just put your hand in front of people's faces. Lol.

My explanation for Cortez would be that she is saying "okay" like most people. This is where I get annoyed, when people pretend not to understand the difference between normal people making the Okay sign, and a guy being all weird and sneaky in the background during an interview about a tragedy. There is no logical explanation for him making an "okay" sign in that moment, that makes absolutely no sense.

That is what is annoying. Nobody likes talking to somebody who plays dumb. 99% of people who make the okay sign are just making an okay sign, or they are playing a game. But neither or those make any sense here.

What you are saying is any employee on camera who does anything to the camera should be fired.

Employee gives peace sign. Fired
Employee gives Vulcan sign. Fired
Employee gives thumbs up. Fired
Employee nods what’s up. Fired
Employee waves. Fired
Employee mouths words Hi. Fired

LOFL

Lol. Sit back and take that in. You took joy in a guy’s life possibly being changed in a negative way because he mad a kids game sign.

On live TV, during an interview, while at work, during a tragedy.

Personal responsibility. He should not be making a mockery of a crisis on live TV. I also said repeatedly that how he is reprimanded should be based on his explanation.

It sounds like your beef is with the Coast Guard? Maybe write them a letter and tell them how you feel.

So you think he's playing a children's game, on national TV, during a live interview, while at work, during a tragedy?

That's not enough of a reason to get fired? Lol. Also, you know the entire point of the game is that the sign has to be below your waist. Otherwise the game is entirely pointless because you can just put your hand in front of people's faces. Lol.

My explanation for Cortez would be that she is saying "okay" like most people. This is where I get annoyed, when people pretend not to understand the difference between normal people making the Okay sign, and a guy being all weird and sneaky in the background during an interview about a tragedy. There is no logical explanation for him making an "okay" sign in that moment, that makes absolutely no sense.

That is what is annoying. Nobody likes talking to somebody who plays dumb. 99% of people who make the okay sign are just making an okay sign, or they are playing a game. But neither or those make any sense here.

Jesus. MANY kids play the game above the waist

Why would she do a backwards OK sign next to a guy?

Why do you believe this guy is not doing an OK sign then?

You jumped the shark on this one and really showed your true colors.

I would never want something negative to come to you and your family over something so trivial. Sucks there are those like you out there taking joy from others misery

Are you guys aware you can agree to disagree? You don't see the situation the same way, there's no reason to go on making the exact same points.

On live TV, during an interview, while at work, during a tragedy.

Personal responsibility. He should not be making a mockery of a crisis on live TV. I also said repeatedly that how he is reprimanded should be based on his explanation.

It sounds like your beef is with the Coast Guard? Maybe write them a letter and tell them how you feel.

Oh, enough with you using the tragedy. Fuck off

He took 4 seconds. 4 god damn seconds

You think people turn into worker robots during a tragedy? You think they wear depends to cut out bathroom breaks?

Get off your high horse

Jesus. MANY kids play the game above the waist

Why would she do a backwards OK sign next to a guy?

Backwards? What?

And this is not a child, it's an adult and he's on TV, at work, during a tragedy.

Why do you believe this guy is not doing an OK sign then?

Because they are talking about a tragedy? And he does it in a sneaky way?

Absolutely nothing about it looks like he's just saying Okay.

Are you guys aware you can agree to disagree? You don't see the situation the same way, there's no reason to go on making the exact same points.

I’m fine with that. He started with the insult.

The only issue is that he doesn't actually listen to my points. He ignores them, then strawmans. So I have to keep repeating myself.

Oh, enough with you using the tragedy. Fuck off

He took 4 seconds. 4 god damn seconds

You think people turn into worker robots during a tragedy? You think they wear depends to cut out bathroom breaks?

Get off your high horse

It is a tragedy, and he's an adult working for the Coast Guard during that tragedy.

If his explanation was, "I was playing a children's game on live TV during the interview," then yeah I would seriously question his professionalism and maturity.

The only issue is that he doesn't actually listen to my points. He ignores them, then strawmans. So I have to keep repeating myself.

Man. You just can’t stop

Strawmans? Lol

You asking people to dig in another mans head is not a question

I can’t believe you are the type of person that would get joy from others pain. I understand disliking the other side. I understand the human need to want to be right in an argument/debate. But I’ll never understand why someone would feel joy over a persons pain/misery

Where did that guy go that came in here talking about ICE workers with Nazi tattoos?

Was that just a huge fabricated deflection or was he just really confused?

Back