COBRA KAI - Karate Kid TV Sequel (Season One)

If you have seen the entire season one of COBRA KAI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Or fuck it, sign Hilary Swank (yeah right) and have her and Daniel get married. That would blow my mind.

You forgot poor Robin Lively.

I only saw clips from "The Next Karate Kid," never saw the whole thing, but it looked pretty crappy.

And, although Part III has some flaws it gets more hate than it deserves.

They had it on Spike right before UFC prelims back in the day. It was the only part I've seen.
I only saw clips of it, and it looked awful. The original Karate Kid was basically a perfect film. Trying to remake a perfect film is futile.

I only saw clips of it, and it looked awful. The original Karate Kid was basically a perfect film. Trying to remake a perfect film is futile.

It's actually a pretty solid film that has almost nothing to do with The Karate Kid.

You forgot poor Robin Lively.

I only saw clips from "The Next Karate Kid," never saw the whole thing, but it looked pretty crappy.

And, although Part III has some flaws it gets more hate than it deserves.

It's kinda funny because of all the movies, I think The Next Karate Kid is the one I've seen the most because it was on TV all the time back in the day.

The villains in III were quite a bit over the top but it was still an enjoyable movie. I might rank it above II only because I thought II was a bit boring. No question though that the original is the best around.

Last edited:
It's kinda funny because of all the movies, I think The Next Karate Kid is the one I've seen the most, but I think it's because it's the one that was on TV all the time back in the day.

The villains in III were quite a bit over the top, but it was still an enjoyable movie. I might rank it above II only because I thought II was a bit boring. No question though that the original is the best around.

Terry Silver and Mike "Bad Boy" Barnes FTW!

Not to mention the whole movie is basically about Kung Fu.

Yeah, I mean, except for a few basic plot points it's really not a remake.

If you don't judge it against the real KK films then it's actually not bad.

disgusted-Al-Bundy.gif

Pretty much sums up how I feel ... - _ -

And seen-some-shit Kreese.

Karate Kid 2 and 3 are both underrated movies.

Karate Kid 2 got a lot more love than Karate Kid 3, and it did deserve more love. Karate Kid 2 was a really solid follow-up to a great film.

Karate Kid 2 got a lot more love than Karate Kid 3, and it did deserve more love. Karate Kid 2 was a really solid follow-up to a great film.

No argument here. My main issue is that Karate Kid 3 is considered by many to be a bad movie or even a joke, when I thought it was certainly respectable. I felt it was still adding value to the franchise, which is a decent achievement for a 3rd film.

No argument here. My main issue is that Karate Kid 3 is considered by many to be a bad movie or even a joke, when I thought it was certainly respectable. I felt it was still adding value to the franchise, which is a decent achievement for a 3rd film.

I agree. I enjoyed 3 too. I thought the characters that were new for the film were really well done. My only complaint about 3 is Mr. Miyagi's pacifist stance. That didn't make any sense to me, and it wasn't consistent with his character from the previous films.

I agree. I enjoyed 3 too. I thought the characters that were new for the film were really well done. My only complaint about 3 is Mr. Miyagi's pacifist stance. That didn't make any sense to me, and it wasn't consistent with his character from the previous films.

I thought they used Kreese well too. They couldn't bring him back as if "now he's really been training and ready for Miyagi." He had already been punked by Miyagi and needed to be the second guy to the big boss in the next movie. And they did a good job of actually making me feel a bit of sympathy for Kreese before revealing him to be an even bigger asshole than he was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back