COBRA KAI - Karate Kid TV Sequel (Season One)

If you have seen the entire season one of COBRA KAI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Story-Hendricks fight there were some great, loud crowd references to the Karate Kid too a la Johny Hendricks having the same first name as Zabka's character.

I remember someone yelled out, "Sweep the leg, Johny!"

and then later "Get him a body bag!"

pretty funny at the time for sure.

Don't forget "You're a creampuff, Johnny!"

You can actually see Joe Rogan on the other side of the cage laughing his ass off.

I feel bad for Macchio. He was typecasted, and never had another role besides My Cousin Vinny. But even after that he could get nothing.

He went to the same high school as too of my cousins on Long Island. Many years apart though of course.

He was also in Beer Leagur, which is fucking HILARIOUS.

You guys are forgetting this classic:

MV5BY2E4Njk4N2UtZWFhOS00NzczLWFmNDgtMzdhMjFlNTZjMmVhL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR79,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Karate Kid 2 got a lot more love than Karate Kid 3, and it did deserve more love. Karate Kid 2 was a really solid follow-up to a great film.
That "I am the man who will fight for your honor", tho
halloween-pen2.gif

No argument here. My main issue is that Karate Kid 3 is considered by many to be a bad movie or even a joke, when I thought it was certainly respectable. I felt it was still adding value to the franchise, which is a decent achievement for a 3rd film.
3: not too bad a movie, but the fun was all gone.

Not sure how I feel about Kreese and his partner in III being portrayed as so weak when going up against Miyagi. And how through the entire series Miyagi was portrayed as basically unbeatable. I would have liked to see a point where Miyagi got his ass kicked and Daniel had to come in and save the day, rather than Miyagi always saving the day.

Not sure how I feel about Kreese and his partner in III being portrayed as so weak when going up against Miyagi. And how through the entire series Miyagi was portrayed as basically unbeatable. I would have liked to see a point where Miyagi got his ass kicked and Daniel had to come in and save the day, rather than Miyagi always saving the day.

IRL they would've flatlined that little old manlet.

IRL they would've flatlined that little old manlet.

Well yeah, the real actor was just a comedian with no marital arts training at all.

I guess originally they were gonna hire the main Japanese guy from The Seven Samurai to play Mr. Miyagi but someone behind the scenes thought he was too serious or something. I like Pat Morita but I often wonder what could have been with the other guy.

Well yeah, the real actor was just a comedian with no marital arts training at all.

I guess originally they were gonna hire the main Japanese guy from The Seven Samurai to play Mr. Miyagi but someone behind the scenes thought he was too serious or something. I like Pat Morita but I often wonder what could have been with the other guy.

Mickey Rooney was also available.

No argument here. My main issue is that Karate Kid 3 is considered by many to be a bad movie or even a joke, when I thought it was certainly respectable. I felt it was still adding value to the franchise, which is a decent achievement for a 3rd film.

The biggest problem with KK III, and it's a significant one, is that Daniel REGRESSES in a huge way into full-on pussydom.

I mean, he's already beaten Johnny to become All-Valley champ. And he's won a fucking death-match against Chozen in Okinawa for God's sake. But in KK III he's scared of everything and acts like he's never won a fight in his life.

The biggest problem with KK III, and it's a significant one, is that Daniel REGRESSES in a huge way into full-on pussydom.

I mean, he's already beaten Johnny to become All-Valley champ. And he's won a fucking death-match against Chozen in Okinawa for God's sake. But in KK III he's scared of everything and acts like he's never won a fight in his life.

You could chalk that up to his new opponent being on a different level, maybe? Besides, even the most seasoned martial arts fighters need training camps for their next match. I think Miyagi suddenly becoming a pacifist is a bigger discrepancy.

"Thirty years, Danny. Who'd have thought we'd still be fighting the same battle?"

it'll be a cruel summer when this comes out.

I'm actually really excited for this. I just watched all three films last week and enjoyed them. I really hope they're able to get Elisabeth Shue to sign on. I'd love to see her back. If not her, maybe the Japanese chick from II.

Neither of them are on the IMDB for this. I'm pretty sad about that.

Would be pretty dope if he married Ali and the beef with Johnnie popped off again because of that.

Update: February 15, 2018

First Teaser Trailer for Karate Kid TV Sequel - COBRA KAI

Karate Kid's Johnny Lawrence and Daniel LaRusso aren’t the same people they were in high school— but their rivalry hasn’t changed one bit. The Karate Kid saga continues. Check out the first-ever released footage of Cobra Kai, the new YouTube Red Original Series, coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back