COBRA KAI - Karate Kid TV Sequel (Season One)

If you have seen the entire season one of COBRA KAI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, poor guys trying to make a buck.

I guess good nostalgia trip for some.. for others it will be just some sad old dudes fooling around.

Hmm. . . Interesting.

I'm kind of okay with that teaser I think, but I need to see more. Still really troubled by all the "hey, it's gonna be a comedy!" stuff.

Where you at @FierceRedBelt?

Trailer looks like it has a serious tone. Hopefully that represents the nature of the show. I don't want to see newspaper clippings of Mr. Miyagi and then punch lines 10 seconds later.

Hmm. . . Interesting.

I'm kind of okay with that teaser I think, but I need to see more. Still really troubled by all the "hey, it's gonna be a comedy!" stuff.

Where you at @FierceRedBelt?

I share your concerns but, and I may be imagining things here, Daniel might have his own dojo and the Cobra Kai is a direct competitor to it now.

I bet there's a super fight at the next All Valley Karate Tournament. I'm fucking hyped yo.

I really want Elisabeth Shue back.

Last edited:
whateverloser.gif

I'm definitely open to legitimate sequels. As long as it's not a reboot or remake, I'm definitely open to it.

I think I'm going to go back and rewatch the first 3 films. Haven't seen them since the early 90s.

just watch the first one three times.

I share your concerns but, and I may be imagining things here, Daniel might have his own dojo and the Cobra Kai is a direct competitor to it now.

I bet there's a super fight at the next All Valley Karate Tournament. I'm fucking hyped yo.

I really want Elisabeth Shue back.

I was somewhat encouraged by the teaser, but I'm going to reserve judgment until we get a full trailer.

One thing I would've liked was to hear more enthusiasm in Will Zabka's voice. He sounded either disinterested or unsure of himself.

I was somewhat encouraged by the teaser, but I'm going to reserve judgment until we get a full trailer.

One thing I would've liked was to hear more enthusiasm in Will Zabka's voice. He sounded either disinterested or unsure of himself.

I'm hoping that has more to do with him playing someone who's life has become a train wreck after his tragic loss of the All Valle Karate Tournament all those years ago. He also lost the fliest honey in all the land to homeboy too.

I'm hoping that has more to do with him playing someone who's life has become a train wreck after his tragic loss of the All Valle Karate Tournament all those years ago. He also lost the fliest honey in all the land to homeboy too.

Now I'm just waiting for the Martin Kove cameo.

I like it. Its good to see the blonde guy getting work.
I just checked out IMdB and it looks like Alf will be in 3 episodes.

I'm interested & will watch it... but I got no problem stacking them & watching the whole season though.

Neither of them are on the IMDB for this. I'm pretty sad about that.

Would be pretty dope if he married Ali and the beef with Johnnie popped off again because of that.

Daniel-san did better than that, he got himself a trophy wife that was 2 years old when the original movie was released and owns a car dealership.

latest

latest

If anything, if one wanted to reinterpret the original movie, the prime candidate for being the villain would be Ali.

We learn in the second movie that she dumped Daniel for a UCLA football player six months after the All Valley Karate Tournament, at the Prom!

Rewatching the first movie with that fact in mind puts a different spin on everything. Ali goes from a nice girl stalked by her ex, to being a flighty bitch who strings men along and turns them against each other for her own enjoyment.

She used Daniel as a weapon against Johnny, and then cheated on him and callously discarded him like so much trash.

Johnny gave LaRusso the “you’re all right, LaRusso,” show of respect so I don’t see what the beef is...

Like in Never Back Down when the protagonist gave cocky heel the head nod of hespect even though the guy beat the absolute piss out of his friend and had him hospitalized.

My point being, we don’t need this revisionist history that the rivalry never died when we saw it evaporate at the end of the film.

Seriously though, trailer looks decent. Can we get an Elizabeth Shue character cameo in this?

Now if Shue played Johnny’s wife, that would be legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back