COBRA KAI - Karate Kid TV Sequel (Season One)

If you have seen the entire season one of COBRA KAI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at Johnny's group they all look like kinda nerds, they dont look like jocks at all!!....so I think Johnny definitely will be the good guy this time who is trying to teach martial arts as a way of self confidence to kids... thats great... I think Cobra Kai needed to be reivindicated

Here's a longer trailer...

Interesting.

It seems that the way they're making Danny the antagonist without making him the bad guy is to have Johnny do stuff that on the surface looks like the old-style Cobra Kai bullying crap (beating up a bunch of teenagers) but having him do it for nobler reasons that Danny doesn't know about (the teens really did had it coming).

ok, I was already looking forward to this. But that trailer was AWESOME!!!!

Can't wait to see this!

Karate_kid_ver2.jpg
Why do you post shit man! Yeah that movie is shit... it needs to be erased from humanitys collective consciousness... I see why you got banned motherfucker...for posting shit!

"I'm going to teach you the style of karate that was taught to me, a method of fighting that your pansy ass generation desperately needs."

That's an awesome line!

Here's a longer trailer...

Interesting.

It seems that the way they're making Danny the antagonist without making him the bad guy is to have Johnny do stuff that on the surface looks like the old-style Cobra Kai bullying crap (beating up a bunch of teenagers) but having him do it for nobler reasons that Danny doesn't know about (the teens really did had it coming).

yeahhh motherfucker!! that trailer looks awesome!! Love the part where Johnny said "I beat up a group of assholes" he should have added "remember like your master did once"... I like the new Johnny.... I see this whole new season building up to a final confrontation Johnny vs Daniel ONCE AGAIN MOTHERFUCKER!!.... my money is on Johnny! He looks like he hasnt forgotten anything! I would love to see Daniel try his bitch ass Crane Kick again...and have Johnny kick that motherfucker in mid air!!... and then say "motherfucker I let you win that time!!" yeah Johnny yeaaah!!

Why do you post shit man! Yeah that movie is shit... it needs to be erased from humanitys collective consciousness... I see why you got banned motherfucker...for posting shit!
We need to give him a beatdown like this!

yeahhh motherfucker!! that trailer looks awesome!! Love the part where Johnny said "I beat up a group of assholes" he should have added "remember like your master did once"... I like the new Johnny.... I see this whole new season building up to a final confrontation Johnny vs Daniel ONCE AGAIN MOTHERFUCKER!!.... my money is on Johnny! He looks like he hasnt forgotten anything! I would love to see Daniel try his bitch ass Crane Kick again...and have Johnny kick that motherfucker in mid air!!... and then say "motherfucker I let you win that time!!" yeah Johnny yeaaah!!

I hope! Daniel does seem super douche though.

It's starting to seem poorly acted to me.

Which doesn't make any sense since it's literally the same people. The training scenes were played super cheesy too. Ugh.

You were under that illusion that any of these people were top-notch actors?

Well deserved and I consider the rest of the cast to have done excellent work as well. The homie went too far with that post.

I agree it was deserved as well. John G. Avildsen knew how to get good performances.

giphy.gif

Are you suggesting that the Karate Kid was poorly acted? Everyone put in a good performance for that film in my eyes.

I think they all did well, but Macchio in particular I've never been convinced was any kind of master thespian. A competent performer? Sure. But a great actor? Nah. And that's just been confirmed by other stuff I've seen him in outside of The Karate Kid.

Anyway, back to your comment about tone and light-heartedness, as I said earlier when the initial press release said it would be a comedy I feared the worst, like Kung Pow level of stupidity. What I see in that trailer is a relief.

I think they all did well, but Macchio in particular I've never been convinced was any kind of master thespian. A competent performer? Sure. But a great actor? Nah. And that's just been confirmed by other stuff I've seen him in outside of The Karate Kid.

Anyway, back to your comment about tone and light-heartedness, as I said earlier when the initial press release said it would be a comedy I feared the worst, like Kung Pow level of stupidity. What I see in that trailer is a relief.
I'd agree he needs the proper guidance to do well with a character but he's already played Daniel a few times. He knows how to play this role yet he's seeming worse than he did in Beerleague.

I'd agree he needs the proper guidance to do well with a character but he's already played Daniel a few times. He knows how to play this role yet he's seeming worse than he did in Beerleague.

I think he's gotten worse as he's aged. Compare his performance in The Karate Kid and My Cousin Vinny to his more recent performances in Hitchcock or A Little Game.

Again, a competent performer? Okay, sure. He knows what to do in front of a camera. But his skills really do seem to be degrading as time goes on. In particular he seems to have forgotten how to be subtle in any way.

I think he's gotten worse as he's aged. Compare his performance in The Karate Kid and My Cousin Vinny to his more recent performances in Hitchcock or A Little Game.

Again, a competent performer? Okay, sure. He knows what to do in front of a camera. But his skills really do seem to be degrading as time goes on. In particular he seems to have forgotten how to be subtle in any way.

This is too painful to talk about.

Now prime Marisa Tomei!

giphy.gif

@shadow_priest_x

I gotta ask, why the yellow? And did you ever find out why that dude had duplicates your avatar?

As to your first question, I called someone gay with the F-word. And one of the mods was offended.

Regarding your second, no, he didn't respond when I asked him directly and apparently it's not against any kind of forum rules so I guess it will forever remain a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back