COBRA KAI - Karate Kid TV Sequel (Season One)

If you have seen the entire season one of COBRA KAI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was ever explicitly stated but they were likely each other's first and it was a part of a relationship and not a one night stand or hook up. There's a life long bond there and while I don't think a sexual relationship works in this context Allie walking into the Cobra Kai gym to say hello or even "what the fuck are you thinking Johnny?" Makes a lot of sense if she's in town.

I mean, you could write that scene. I'm just saying it seems contrived to me.

I definitely have no idea what is going on in the life of the first girl I slept with and I would feel incredibly awkward just walking back into her life 20 years later.

In the case of Johnny and Ali the show makes it pretty clear that they've been out of touch since high school. The last time he was fucking around with her was 1984. It's 2018 now.

1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

Why? Why? Why do this?

this post didn't age well haha

this post didn't age well haha
Haven't watched it. Not up for paying for another stupid subscription service, especially since there's no other yt red content to speak of.

Is it good?

Haven't watched it. Not up for paying for another stupid subscription service, especially since there's no other yt red content to speak of.

Is it good?

just torrent it or something. I liked it yeah, it's not amazing, but it's well done for the most part, funny in parts, nostalgic cheese done well.

I definitely have no idea what is going on in the life of the first girl I slept with and I would feel incredibly awkward just walking back into her life 20 years later.

In the case of Johnny and Ali the show makes it pretty clear that they've been out of touch since high school. The last time he was fucking around with her was 1984. It's 2018 now.

34 good number.

Last edited:
I already mentioned this but Johnny didn't stay down, he learned his lessons and gave Daniel props. But for the sake of a better storyline, they had to mess the timeline a bit and made the crane kick 64% stronger to make Johnny stay down.

I wouldn't mind saying hello to my first girlfriend. I'm not suggesting a whirlwind romance here but there's very little finality with the way things ended between these two.

Hindsight here but I really wish they'd kept Allie as Daniel's girlfriend throughout the first three movies. I think it would have added quite a bit to the story.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind saying hello to my first. I'm not suggest a romance here but that's never going to be finished business with the way things ended between these two.

Hindsight here but I really wish they'd kept Allie as Daniel's girlfriend throughout the first three movies. I think it would have added quite a bit to the story.

I could be wrong but I think I may remember reading that Elizabeth Shue didn't want to come back.

I could be wrong but I think I may remember reading that Elizabeth Shue didn't want to come back.

That sucks. I guess she went on to decent things afterward and avoided typecasting but I still consider this her more memorable role.

currently watching this. on ep 8. i usu don't put cheesy and awesome in the same sentence, but this shit delivers.

QUIET!

That sucks. I guess she went on to decent things afterward and avoided typecasting but I still consider this her more memorable role.

She's worked steadily so you can't say she hasn't been a successful actress, but I suspect that she envisioned being a bit bigger star than she ended up being.

When I think of her, really only two movies come to mind: Karate Kid and Adventures in Babysitting.

Though looking at her filmography, funny enough, I realized I've seen two movies with her just in the past year: Battle of the Sexes and Death Wish. I had no idea she was in either of them.

She's worked steadily so you can't say she hasn't been a successful actress, but I suspect that she envisioned being a bit bigger star than she ended up being.

When I think of her, really only two movies come to mind: Karate Kid and Adventures in Babysitting.

Though looking at her filmography, funny enough, I realized I've seen two movies with her just in the past year: Battle of the Sexes and Death Wish. I had no idea she was in either of them.

Yeah she was lucky to be a big time CSI star for a long while

Probably doesn't need to work if she doesn't want to

It's just Leaving Las Vegas and The Karate Kid for me. She's still a cutie though and while I've never seen it she was smoking hot in Cocktail.

Do you guys think the creators of Cobra Kai made a mistake by going with Youtube Red instead of Netflix or Amazon?

Yeah she was lucky to be a big time CSI star for a long while

Weird. I had no idea she was ever on CSI.

Frankly, that almost seems like slumming it after being a fairly big star for a while, but I'm sure she was appreciative of the work.

It's just Leaving Las Vegas and The Karate Kid for me. She's still a cutie though and while I've never seen it she was smoking hot in Cocktail.

I've seen both Leaving Las Vegas and Cocktail, but again, it didn't register with me that was her in either case. Or if I knew at one time, I forgot.

Looking at her filmography, I also realized she was the girl in The Saint.

Do you guys think the creators of Cobra Kai made a mistake by going with Youtube Red instead of Netflix or Amazon?

Netflix or Amazon may have passed. Who knows.

But I did see an interview with the co-creators earlier where they said the biggest factor was that YouTube was ready to commit based on the concept alone. These guys pitched it and YouTube said, "Take our money and make this thing!"

Netflix or Amazon may have passed. Who knows.

But I did see an interview with the co-creators earlier where they said the biggest factor was that YouTube was ready to commit based on the concept alone. These guys pitched it and YouTube said, "Take our money and make this thing!"

To think that we could have lived in a universe without Cobra Kai

I'd never want to live in that universe

I use to think #3 was better than #2 until I watched them both on Hulu for the first time in decades. #2 is definitely better than #3. I think they are all fun movies though.
2 seems way out of place and the “death battle” angle adds too much absurdity to the whole story.

3 is somewhat cartoonish, but good, without 1 to compare it to 3 is better. In fact growinf up I seen 3 on TV far more than 1 and think the characters are more interesting. 2 seems like a useless sidequest and not main story worthy IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back