Code Vein a.k.a. Weeaboo Souls

Jesus Christ such an insecure fanbase. Reading through item descriptions is a really shitty way to tell a story. That's probably why no other game presents their story that way.

Lol so salty. Don't bother to try to understand anything that doesn't hold your hand to where you need to go.

Lol so salty. Don't bother to try to understand anything that doesn't hold your hand to where you need to go.
P4P most in love with themselves fanbase in videogaming. You guys feel the need to rush in and defend the game from any criticism.

Beating Dark Souls isn't some amazing accomplishment. There are plenty of hard games. I've beaten it as well, and I like it, but it's not some perfect game above criticism. The story is shit. If you just go from place to place following the limited information given, you will have only a vague idea of who you're even fighting.

That's shit story telling. You shouldn't have to go digging through item descriptions to have any idea who most of the characters are. Having a cohesive narrative isn't hand holding, it doesn't have anything to do with difficulty so you can stop patting yourself on the back for doing the devs job for them.

Jesus Christ such an insecure fanbase. Reading through item descriptions is a really shitty way to tell a story. That's probably why no other game presents their story that way.

Well, tbf, the story isn't told at all through the items. They just provide a lot of lore. This is no different from a lot of MMOs and RPGs. Most of the story is found out from talking to NPCs.

Well, tbf, the story isn't told at all through the items. They just provide a lot of lore. This is no different from a lot of MMOs and RPGs. Most of the story is found out from talking to NPCs.

MMO's I kind of agree with. RPG's in general though don't require this for the story just for the deeper world building stuff.

Even a lot of what the npcs tell you is ultra vague. You need to talk to all the right people in the right places in the right order. There's a reason all those "what the fuck is going on in the dark souls games" videos have a ton of views. It's also unlikely you'll know what to do to get the "good" outcomes for npc storylines the first time through. Like knowing bugs will drive Solaire insane if you go through a certain door.

The game does an OK job of being open ended enough that you can do things in whatever order you want in most cases. But without looking in a wiki you most likely won't have more than a vague idea of wtf is going on.

Oh yeah, this was a thing.

I remember finding out about this last year and looking forward to it but nothing I just saw is having me revisit that optimism. I'll need see more and maybe be in a better headspace for it but the overall cartoonishness and voicing particularly isn't at all enticing to me right now.

I was waiting for a game to get me into the soulsbourne genre. Thank fuck for Sekiro.

I remember finding out about this last year and looking forward to it but nothing I just saw is having me revisit that optimism. I'll need see more and maybe be in a better headspace for it but the overall cartoonishness and voicing particularly isn't at all enticing to me right now.
Yeah I'll wait for a sale. Hopefully it's fun but it doesn't look overly polished.

Every Dark Souls>>>>>>>>>>>Bloodborne
You cant handle speed? You gave up on Sekiro, so you like it slow?

giphy.gif

This looks promising, but my expectations are cautious.

A few youtubers I follow who are big Dark Souls streamers talked about their time with the game positively.

I like what I see combat and graphically, though I'm concerned about the environments. All we've really seen so far are boring looking dungeons, and a generic looking post apocalyptic city scape.

Back