Coen Brother's new NETFLIX movie - The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

• Thread starter Deleted member 220895
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 220895

So I had the opportunity to screen this movie during the weekend and it just got released on NETFLIX today.

I'd say it's just about the most creative film, and darkest thing the Coen bros have done in a long time. It's also incredibly hilarious for something so dark.

Since this movie is an anthology of short stories, what was your favorite? Each story seems to be a simple to difficult moral quandary that the characters face, a lot of the time staring irony in the eyes.

I'll follow up later in the thread when the conversation begin to avoid ruining early spoilers.

Thanks, I will check it out this weekend.

Coen bros are my favorite. Been out of the country for a month, thought this was a theatrical release. A little shocked it’s on Netflix.

Downloading immediately

I'll definitely check it out. Big fan of the Coens.

I'm waiting for a Coen Bros - Taylor Sheridan collaboration to happen so I can cream my pants and never watch a movie ever again.

Thanks for the recommend, Opie.

I had seen that on Netflix but had no idea it was Coen Bro’s.

I watched it this weekend, and I thought it was excellent. Tim Blake Nelson did and excellent job as Buster, I was hoping for more from him. Are these just random not interlinked stories or is there going to be a second edition where they are all tied together. It does not seem like it will be possible.

I watched the Buster episode twice as I really enjoyed.

Thanks for the recomendation.

Really liked the first story with buster Scruggs.

The others are hit n miss for me but I haven't finished them all yet.

Will return to this thread when I've seen them all and had time to reflect.

Are these just random not interlinked stories or is there going to be a second edition where they are all tied together. It does not seem like it will be possible.

Thanks for the recomendation.
They're connected by the west or frontier, and all face a different philosophical or moral problems. It's like a series of fictional sad stories all connected by the time period and the country. There is no over arching story, they end when the short ends. Think of it as a book with a series of short stories similar to how Stephen King did (if you're aware of his books).

“Meal Ticket” was my favorite of the six vignettes.

Just put this in my list, thanks Sherbros.

I didn't know it existed till this thread.

I think this was the first thing by the Coen brothers that I didn’t like.

Is the whole thing a musical. I struggled to get through the first story. I thought it was good and funny in parts, but the singing really threw me off.

Is the whole thing a musical. I struggled to get through the first story. I thought it was good and funny in parts, but the singing really threw me off.
The first was the only musical.

I saw an advanced in theaters for this and people walked out after that short. It was a good laugh.
what a pity. not too surprising though because in my personal experiences I’ve always found that crowds in advanced screenings to be the most willing to walk out midway through the screening if they’re not feeling it.

what a pity. not too surprising though because in my personal experiences I’ve always found that crowds in advanced screenings to be the most willing to walk out midway through the screening if they’re not feeling it.
I guess they were expecting a happy-go-lucky TV western.

I've still to watch the last story but my favourite was the story about gold. It was great

Great movie! Last story was a bit of a letdown though. All Gold Canyon was my favorite.

Back