Crime Cohen pleads guilty, says he lied

Now Trump doesn't dispute that he directed Cohen to make payments to women to fuck him and shut up about it.
He just says, "I never directed Michael Cohen to break the law. He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law,"

So much bullshit.

So you stand behind the fact that information counts as a campaign contribution of monetary value? Any and all information? Who decides what information counts and what doesn't?
The courts resolve disputes like "is this information a thing of value." Welcome to civics 101.

This is what will bite him in the ass.

(C) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation into these matters.

There's an obligation under DOJ ethics rules to present a Grand Jury with significant exculpatory information so that they can understand why they should issue a true bill or a no true bill.

People love to say that a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, but they leave out the rest of the meal. There's salad, and mashed potatoes and corn and the main course is Porterhouse steaks with a nice Cabernet
I prefer a nice ribeye myself. :D

receiving dirt isn't illegal despite how bad you want it to be. Had he paid for it, then yes it would be....
We have been shown proof that the meeting took place. That nothing came if it is the Trump team's assertion. Let's see if there's any evidence that indicates otherwise.

So you stand behind the fact that information counts as a campaign contribution of monetary value? Any and all information? Who decides what information counts and what doesn't?
I'm not positive but I think you added the monetary part. If the statute says "value" then your point is moot. If it does say "monetary" value then let's wait to see what else is uncovered.

We have been shown proof that the meeting took place.
But that means absolutely nothing

That nothing came if it is the Trump team's assertion. Let's see if there's any evidence that indicates otherwise.
I agree we'd have to wait for evidence before assuming something illegal took place.

I'm not positive but I think you added the monetary part. If the statute says "value" then your point is moot. If it does say "monetary" value then let's wait to see what else is uncovered.

Well the monetary part seems necessary. All information carries value

Maybe you should dig into the relevant caselaw before whinging about whether the statute is being abused.

Case law isnt going to change my opinion that courts deciding what information holds monetary value and doesnt is begging to be abused. Especially when you're dealing with political biases

The Trump Dossier has proved to be very valuable has it not? And it was paid for was it not?

Case law isnt going to change my opinion that courts deciding what information holds monetary value and doesnt is begging to be abused. Especially when you're dealing with political biases
k.

receiving dirt isn't illegal despite how bad you want it to be. Had he paid for it, then yes it would be....
As I said before it was an illicit in kind contribution. You hoping against hope and playing make pretend wont change that. The softening of the Republican platform in respect to Russia and the trump tower moscow project are also proof of quid pro quo. Must sting like a bitch but those are the facts of the matter. Collusion is now a fact.

Which felony exactly has Trump committed and are there any similar cases? Howd those cases play out? Wishful thinking on your part

At minimim - obstructed justice per U.S.C. §§ 1501-1521 and conspiracy (18 U.S. Code § 371) to violate 52 U.S. Code § 30101.

Last edited:
Case law isnt going to change my opinion that courts deciding what information holds monetary value and doesnt is begging to be abused.

Campaigns are required to log all monetary exchanges. An outside donor paying for information for a campaign to use is considered a campaign contribution. Such a campaign contribution is explicitly used to bypass donor regulation laws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back