Colby Covington to be Stripped of Interim Belt the Minute Woodley & Till Step Into the Cage

Easy enough , Woodly and Till are fighting in September. When they walk into the octagon the amount of rest that Till will have is more then the rest the INTERM champ requested....

Let that sink into your head.
So the only one is this one and this one we don’t know all the facts yet.

Till is going to be dumped on his jug-eared British head.

And it's kind of a bummer...he's a good prospect but he's getting too much too fast.

He's gonna weigh three times as Woodley on fight night. He's gonna get dumped?

He's gonna weigh three times as Woodley on fight night. He's gonna get dumped?

He has trouble making weight...that means his cuts are a struggle. I'd rather be the fresher, stronger, less depleted guy on fight night than weigh more after nearly killing myself to make weight.

Let me guess...you've only ever competed with your thumbs and controller?

The UFC making damn sure their belts mean less and less for every month.

Imagine you're a dirty, filthy casual "Just Bleed" bro and that you don't follow this shit religiously and just catch fights here and there. Let's say you picked up this sport on a total arbitrary day, say November, 2016. So as a casual you don't really follow these blasts about "So and so stripped, new person crowned". You just happen to catch fights at the bar with your buds. How the fuck are you supposed to make sense of this sport?

So when you came in, McGregor became a 2 weight champion. That PPV was pretty good so you decide to catch the next one. But wait, there's 2 guys fighting for the FW title? I thought that was McGregor's? Oh it's an interim title, so the winner will fight Conor, cool. Wait, that dude just won and his shouting for some guy name jose waldo? Who the fuck is that? The fuck you mean conor was stripped and they made some other dude champ and then had yet another champ fight tonight?

But wait there's more! Apparently that other huge name guy people were talking up, Jon Jones, apparently he had one of those interim belts too and some guy named Cormier had the other belt and they are gonna fight. But they took that shit off Jon so now its just Cormier? Alright, well the dude did pop for a drug test so that makes sense I guess, at least they are back to having one champ. No matter, a few months later you see Cormier take out some dude named Johnson and it's a pretty clear beat down, so this guy deserves to be a champ. Couple months after that you see another fight for the "real" belt anyway with Jones and Cormier. Jones wins and hey that was pretty damn impressive, dude is legit. Alright when is his next fight? Next time you see a LHW title fight that Cormier guy is fighting again, but wait didn't he lose the title? The fuck happened to Jones?

But wait there's more! Around that time in MW this guy Whitaker is taking on this beast brazillion dude Romero for a title, wait this shit says interim too? Who the fuck is the MW champ? Alright well that shit happens and not a spectacular fight but not bad, this Australian dude can take some hits and give a shit ton back so respect for his toughnes. So he's gonna fight the "real" champ next then right? Wait so why is the next MW title fight GSP vs Bisping? Hold up, I've heard of that GSP guy before, wasn't he a big name from back in the day? Wtf happened to that australian guy? Alright well apparently this GSP guy is still pretty good even if he hasn't been around forever, oh shit he just won! That shit is crazy! Alright so when do I get to see him fight next? It'll be that Whitaker guy he fights right?

But wait there's more! Around that time in LW some guy named Fergie(?) is taking on some black asian dude called Lee? Another fucking interim title? Where the fuck is Conor? I saw him win that fucking title like a year ago, why the fuck don't they have him fighting one of these goofs? Alright well this Ferguson dude just fucked up that Lee guy pretty bad, so I guess now we'll get that fight with McGregor right? That shit should be off the hook, when can I catch that? Wait, Tony is fighting some russian dude now? Wait wait wait, now the russian dude is fighting some other guy and now THAT's for another fucking LW title? How many fucking title's does each weight have? Is there like a gold, silver, bronze thing going on for this shit?

Oh ya and that GSP/Whitaker thing? Ya forget that shit, they just gonna put up the same fight I watched fucking last year and that Whitaker guy tore through the same fucking Brazilian guy, but apparently this time it was for keepsies.

Why the fuck do I feel like I'm watching a soap opera? Didn't some bald asshole say this shit was going to overtake soccer? Least I know who won the fucking world cup.

Imagine you're a dirty, filthy casual "Just Bleed" bro and that you don't follow this shit religiously and just catch fights here and there. Let's say you picked up this sport on a total arbitrary day, say November, 2016. So as a casual you don't really follow these blasts about "So and so stripped, new person crowned". You just happen to catch fights at the bar with your buds. How the fuck are you supposed to make sense of this sport?

So when you came in, McGregor became a 2 weight champion. That PPV was pretty good so you decide to catch the next one. But wait, there's 2 guys fighting for the FW title? I thought that was McGregor's? Oh it's an interim title, so the winner will fight Conor, cool. Wait, that dude just won and his shouting for some guy name jose waldo? Who the fuck is that? The fuck you mean conor was stripped and they made some other dude champ and then had yet another champ fight tonight?

But wait there's more! Apparently that other huge name guy people were talking up, Jon Jones, apparently he had one of those interim belts too and some guy named Cormier had the other belt and they are gonna fight. But they took that shit off Jon so now its just Cormier? Alright, well the dude did pop for a drug test so that makes sense I guess, at least they are back to having one champ. No matter, a few months later you see Cormier take out some dude named Johnson and it's a pretty clear beat down, so this guy deserves to be a champ. Couple months after that you see another fight for the "real" belt anyway with Jones and Cormier. Jones wins and hey that was pretty damn impressive, dude is legit. Alright when is his next fight? Next time you see a LHW title fight that Cormier guy is fighting again, but wait didn't he lose the title? The fuck happened to Jones?

But wait there's more! Around that time in MW this guy Whitaker is taking on this beast brazillion dude Romero for a title, wait this shit says interim too? Who the fuck is the MW champ? Alright well that shit happens and not a spectacular fight but not bad, this Australian dude can take some hits and give a shit ton back so respect for his toughnes. So he's gonna fight the "real" champ next then right? Wait so why is the next MW title fight GSP vs Bisping? Hold up, I've heard of that GSP guy before, wasn't he a big name from back in the day? Wtf happened to that australian guy? Alright well apparently this GSP guy is still pretty good even if he hasn't been around forever, oh shit he just won! That shit is crazy! Alright so when do I get to see him fight next? It'll be that Whitaker guy he fights right?

But wait there's more! Around that time in LW some guy named Fergie(?) is taking on some black asian dude called Lee? Another fucking interim title? Where the fuck is Conor? I saw him win that fucking title like a year ago, why the fuck don't they have him fighting one of these goofs? Alright well this Ferguson dude just fucked up that Lee guy pretty bad, so I guess now we'll get that fight with McGregor right? That shit should be off the hook, when can I catch that? Wait, Tony is fighting some russian dude now? Wait wait wait, now the russian dude is fighting some other guy and now THAT's for another fucking LW title? How many fucking title's does each weight have? Is there like a gold, silver, bronze thing going on for this shit?

Oh ya and that GSP/Whitaker thing? Ya forget that shit, they just gonna put up the same fight I watched fucking last year and that Whitaker guy tore through the same fucking Brazilian guy, but apparently this time it was for keepsies.

Why the fuck do I feel like I'm watching a soap opera? Didn't some bald asshole say this shit was going to overtake soccer? Least I know who won the fucking world cup.
Nice rant! I agree with your post.

so what happened to all of the hype around Colby? lots of people were acting like this guy was the 2nd coming of Conor and he was about to blow the UFC wide open with his bullshit.

apparently his bullshit is exactly that, bullshit.

his PPV numbers are trash, getting stripped of the fake title he just won a month ago, then his title shot for the REAL title gets given to a big dumb ass who's claim to fame is smashing up a LW and outweighing his opponents by 40lbs.

the guy fought a month ago....... UFC belts are a farce
This was my first thought....

Sooo...we shouldn't ever get hyped bout an interim fight? They are worthless? Okay, UFC. Then don't try to sell me an Interim belt fight anymore.

Sad to see all the haters celebrating the madness just to spite a fighter.

You guys got trolled.

The reality is both Till and Colby were currently #1 contenders, so if they were not going to fight, either one of them were suitable for Woodley.

It's a bummer Colby is getting bumped because September would honestly be too fast a turnaround for back to back 5 round title fights, but its a weird situation in the division and he should simply go next.

that's what happens when you make an interim title fight a few months before the champ fights :D

Covington should have taken the fight unless he is hurt. I know it's a quick turn around but there is no guarantee he gets another title shot.

Dude really thought he could strong-arm the UFC and fake an injury to get on the NYC card.

Have fun fighting Usman

the guy fought a month ago....... UFC belts are a farce
It was bullshit to begin with to create the belt after the real belt was defended 3 times in a year. I don't give a shit what happens to the paper belt.
It shouldn't be surprising if the UFC does something impulsive with a made-up belt that began because they were impulsive.

Why does till get a title shot? He missed weight last time

Back