Media Colby Not Relevant Again Until He Fights Ian Garry

When's the last time Ian Garry did? 5 of his 7 UFC fights were guys coming off a loss, and the 2 that weren't won a split decision against a can and lost the fight before, and the other is currently 2-3 in the UFC. At least the guys Colby beat were coming off losses in title fights instead of losses to nobodies. Colby would make 6 out 8 of Garry's opponents coming off a loss.
Lawler had lost to RDA 50-45 and got submitted by Ben askren. Woodley had lost 10 rounds straight and got 10-8’d multiple times.
Masvidal got dominated by usman and then knocked out cold

but yea, amazing wins

Ian garry weighs 180 pounds. When he fought geoff neal, neal weighed 200 pounds. Garry is very likely the lightest ranked welterweight right now
Don’t believe what his wife says. He should be fighting middleweight.

Don’t believe what his wife says. He should be fighting middleweight.
That info didn’t come from his wife, 298 was one of the few times the commission released fight day weights.

Lawler had lost to RDA 50-45 and got submitted by Ben askren. Woodley had lost 10 rounds straight and got 10-8’d multiple times.
Masvidal got dominated by usman and then knocked out cold

but yea, amazing wins
Well I guess we're now finally admitting that Lawler losing to Askren was just a plain submission win with no controversy. Sherdog is just great when depending on who we're trying to discredit, the exact same fight can either be bullshit/ref blunder if we're trying to discredit Askren, or evidence that Robbie was a washed up can who was never my friend if we're trying to discredit Colby beating him.

Dude lost a decision to RDA makes him a can, but RDA finished Ian Garry's best win in 3 minutes, and that was in Magny's prime.

Well I guess we're now finally admitting that Lawler losing to Askren was just a plain submission win with no controversy. Sherdog is just great when depending on who we're trying to discredit, the exact same fight can either be bullshit/ref blunder if we're trying to discredit Askren, or evidence that Robbie was a washed up can who was never my friend if we're trying to discredit Colby beating him.

Dude lost a decision to RDA makes him a can, but RDA finished Ian Garry's best win in 3 minutes, and that was in Magny's prime.
Not to but in here but surely we’re not arguing that beating Robbie in 2019 was a good win?

I don't see him being relevant again. His last fight, for the fucking title, he showed nothing in there. The old Colby with a high pressure game was completely gone.

<WhatIsThis>

Which of Garry's opponents are you pretending was top 10? You think Neil Magny was? Is that who you're saying is Garry's best win?

sddefault.jpg
Now post his next fight, dumbass

Not to but in here but surely we’re not arguing that beating Robbie in 2019 was a good win?
He thinks Colby beating Lawler was a good win but Garry beating Magny is not a good win, despite the fact that Lawler was dominated by Magny after the Colby fight. Lol.

Now post his next fight, dumbass
So now Geoff Neal is his best win, and not Magny? What happened to your retarded "win streak" standard? Apparently we're also abandoning the "late replacement" standard as well, since Magny took the fight on a 10 day notice.

Geoff Neal, who was the original opponent for 292, also wasn't top 10 when the fight was booked, and didn't get a single win between then and when they did fight, and was still coming off the same loss almost a year earlier when he suddenly moved up a couple spots before the fight, then back down after the fight. Lol, Garry's only win over someone not coming off a loss was a 36 year old outside the top 10 who showed up on 10 days' notice.

FymO_GTaQAEdtc_.jpg:large

fighting Ian Garry isn't going to do anything for Colby but inch him closer to the retirement he has clearly craved for several years now

By the standard that Neil Magny in 2023 on 10 days' notice is an incredible win, then yes. In reality, Lawler was a great fighter on the back stretch of his career and was lower top 10 at the time, who Colby only fought to secure his title shot after getting bizarrely strippled of an interim title for having minor nasal surgery, and Magny in 2023 on 10 days' notice was also pretty much a walkover just to keep Garry on the card, and also not an expecially impressive win.

The other dummy just tried to use the silly "when's the last time Colby fought someone on a win streak other than his 3 fights against current champs", when he obviously didn't check that Garry doesn't fight guys on win streaks either, including Colby if/when that fight happens. Hell, Topuria is the current champ at FW, and both his last 2 wins were guys coming off losses. Beating recent champs and title contenders gets people title shots all the time. Hell, the current next conteder in Colby and Ian's own division is getting his title shot off beating a streak of old guys past their prime and 1 questionable standing TKO against a lower top 10. They sell fights, so beating a recognizable name is generally better than derailing a newer fighter.

Last edited:
Ian Garry equally irrelevant until he finishes a Top 10.

colby is a coward. he is now refusing to fight garry because he doesn't want to give him his ranking and pushing for a fight with mvp instead

Lawler shouldn’t have let his arm go limp when grabbed if he wanted to keep going, and getting submitted by bulldog choke against a guy who had been retired for over a year just recently at that point is a bad look, plus he immediately lost to Magny in his next fight after colby

Never said lawler was a can, but he was done at the top level. His only wins since losing to colby are Diaz and price

You can’t just drop that and move along. Some details, please.
Well it didn't happen when we were in school but just last year(20 years later) he actually went to work for his son who had a job as a landscaper but kept missing and was going to be fired if he didn't come in so the dude I knew went for him. His son was 20 I believe and he was 40, so I guess he was stomping a branch and his boots weren't tied and the chipper snagged his laces and pulled him in feet first.
The shit the machine off when he was about half way in, like around stomach/rib cage area he was aware and alert when the medics arrived and lived for several hours before passing away.

Horrible way to go and not even being funny if be pissed at you if you shit it off at that point bc I'm dead anyway and just going to suffer. I can't imagine how bad his son feels.

How's he doing these days?
It happened last year, I didn't know him much just went to school with him 20 years ago. He's dead, died in the scene but live for sever hours before he died. Terrible way to go.

Back