Media Colby sums up Jack Paul V Mike Tyson

A lot of people probably thought Holyfield would school Vitor also. Some people just refuse to acknowledge the reality of aging.

Tyson looked like dogshit in the ring 20 years ago, losing to hapless bums that barely qualify as any better than Jake Paul.

Paul on the gas could probably win a decision against Kevin McBride.

A lot of people probably thought Holyfield would school Vitor also. Some people just refuse to acknowledge the reality of aging.

Tyson looked like dogshit in the ring 20 years ago, losing to hapless bums that barely qualify as any better than Jake Paul.

Holyfield stayed active longer and was older, the ultimate combo of totally shot and too old to box safely anymore. Paul was on gas when he lost to Fury, he’s not undefeated he’s a jobber with a name. McBride would have stopped him. Fight is a coin flip, if old man can win the first exchange that might be all it takes, muscle memory and punching power are gonna matter whether it plays out like that or not.

People don't understand age. They are also obsessed with labels. They are still fixated on with this idea of Jake Paul being a 'youtuber', as if no fighter in history ever had a job before taking up fighting.

And almost none of them had the wealth and fame that enabled Paul immediate intensive access to high quality trainers and fitness staff that could supply him with all the types of 'supplements' that no 1-0 pro at the local gym could afford.

The only way Tyson survives this is if the fight is a genuinely fixed exhibition, which of course it might be.

People don't understand age. They are also obsessed with labels. They are still fixated on with this idea of Jake Paul being a 'youtuber', as if no fighter in history ever had a job before taking up fighting.

And almost none of them had the wealth and fame that enabled Paul immediate intensive access to high quality trainers and fitness staff that could supply him with all the types of 'supplements' that no 1-0 pro at the local gym could afford.

The only way Tyson survives this is if the fight is a genuinely fixed exhibition, which of course it might be.

Many people also seem to forgot tyson having an exhibition against rjj few years ago in which he looked his age and certainly not like the tyson back in the day.. Before that there were the same videos of him on the pads and people saying how great he looks. This is another handpicked opponent for Paul to look good and it's a shame it happens.

I'm 45 and active in sports, fitness etc. When I was 37 I could almost think I wasn't much gone from where I was at 34 if I squinted. Now I'm 44 and despite still working out and being active, doing dynamic things, stretching all the right things 4/5 times a week I can see I am so far gone from mid 30s level. Yea full time training and millions of dollars is different. But not magical.

Kids don't get it because Mike looks strong. He throws a mean combo at the pads and obviously knows how to move. Looks incredible in a 7 second clip with 4 fast edits. But I think anyone who has lived long enough knows why almost all sportsmen retire mid to late 30s. Then see the decline into 40s and by the time even Iron Mile is almost 60... I don't like the fight.

Back