Colby vs Rodolfo Vieira

So Colby said on a podcast that he ragdolled Rodolfo at ATT when he rocked up a few moons ago. Under straight jiu-jitsu rules apparently. Said he'd win ADCC without having to train at all

It was on the MMA roasted podcast if I remember correctly.

@Adam Hunter

I'm calling him a straight liar.

Yeah that’s why In a Mma fight he avoid going to the ground with Maia Like a plage...

The dude is an idiot... but under current adcc rules, he probably could just wrestle his way to the gold.

Wut?

The negative point for pulling guard in the first half was introduced in 2015 if I’m not mistaken... this past adcc stalling wasn’t that bad, but 2015 was a travesty... they problably didn’t want another player to Orlando his way to gold...
I was thinking maybe 2011. Because Cobrinha lost to Rafa -1 to 0. Rafa was attempting a takedown and Cobrinha jumped closed guard. That’s the earliest instance I can remember a -1 in the first half of a finals match.

didnt u also agree that the level of jiu jitsu back then was no where near what it was today? he was no where near as technical as guys today again garcia destroyed everyone eh also put vitor shaolin to sleep in 30 seconds in that same tournament and vitor was no joke back then that is why a lot of russians and american wrestlers sue to enter adcc and do very well from 1998-2003 due to people not being very good with no gi and the systems till being in its infancy
Sue to enter adcc?

Didn’t know Ben did adcc...
Yeah he did in 2013 and 2015. In 2013 he had the most entertaining match of the tournament behind Tonon x Kron when he faced Leozada Nogeiura. Awesome match if you can find it. He lost later in the bracket to otavio sousa. In 2015 I don’t remember how he did in his weight but in the absolute he got reverse triangled from the back by rodolfo.

Yeah he did in 2013 and 2015. In 2013 he had the most entertaining match of the tournament behind Tonon x Kron when he faced Leozada Nogeiura. Awesome match if you can find it. He lost later in the bracket to otavio sousa. In 2015 I don’t remember how he did in his weight but in the absolute he got reverse triangled from the back by rodolfo.

I meant askren

didnt u also agree that the level of jiu jitsu back then was no where near what it was today? he was no where near as technical as guys today again garcia destroyed everyone eh also put vitor shaolin to sleep in 30 seconds in that same tournament and vitor was no joke back then that is why a lot of russians and american wrestlers sue to enter adcc and do very well from 1998-2003 due to people not being very good with no gi and the systems till being in its infancy

Marcelo for me is goat... I’m
Just saying that athletism alone wasn’t enough back then... now, wrestlers have it way easier...

I was thinking maybe 2011. Because Cobrinha lost to Rafa -1 to 0. Rafa was attempting a takedown and Cobrinha jumped closed guard. That’s the earliest instance I can remember a -1 in the first half of a finals match.

Then my memory sucks balls... I just remember most people ranting about the -1 in the stadium, for some reason I assumed it was just implemented that year...

I think Colby would surprise a lot of people if he competed at ADCC. His wrestling, pace, and elite guard passing ability makes him an interesting challenge for most jiu-jitsu guys that aren't used to competing against this level of athlete. I'm sure he rolls with great black belts all the time at ATT.

I think Colby would surprise a lot of people if he competed at ADCC. His wrestling, pace, and elite guard passing ability makes him an interesting challenge for most jiu-jitsu guys that aren't used to competing against this level of athlete. I'm sure he rolls with great black belts all the time at ATT.

Where have you seen his elite guard pass at play? Elite subgrapplres are quite use to deal with elite athletes...

Where have you seen his elite guard pass at play?
Watch his fight with Max Griffin, who's a pretty good grappler himself. Passed his guard effortlessly and gave Max his only loss by finish in his career. The way Colby ragdolled Dong Hyun Kim (black belt in BJJ and a 5th dan black belt in Judo) was also impressive. He could've passed Kim's guard fairly easily but preferred to stay in a folkstyle ride position in order to land punches. In a straight grappling match, he'd focus more on guard passing and maintaining dominant positions rather than getting into positions where he can strike.

Watch his fight with Max Griffin, who's a pretty good grappler himself. Passed his guard effortlessly and gave Max his only loss by finish in his career. The way Colby ragdolled Dong Hyun Kim (black belt in BJJ and a 5th dan black belt in Judo) was also impressive. He could've passed Kim's guard fairly easily but preferred to stay in a folkstyle ride position in order to land punches. In a straight grappling match, he'd focus more on guard passing and maintaining dominant positions rather than getting into positions where he can strike.

He could’ve would’ve etc... I don’t even know who Max griffin is but sure as hell ain’t no elite subgrappler. Mma is not grappling, things change dramatically when the guy on top can punch you in the face.

Top grapplers are very used to wrestling with high level wrestlers.. they have students who are college wrestlers..

If you can’t get taken down, and the other guy can’t pull guard without losing a point it’s a massive advantage

Colby could barley take down his blast opponent. He ain't taking no one down like Rodolfo.

very true but bjj purist dont wana believe it

chris weidman had like 9 months training went out won his first match and then barelyyyyy lost to galvao who could not sub him so yeah it is what it is tim Kennedy is still one of the bets grapplers iv ever purely grappled he eats pure bjj black belts for breakfast no gi he has good technique but top mma guys are just beast humans

Last edited:
Colby could barley take down his blast opponent. He ain't taking no one down like Rodolfo.
lol at barely took down his last guy rda has some of the best tdd in the game i hope you are joking by saying that

Back