Coleman or lesnar prime

Coleman.

Kerr had better submissions and a decent low kick but Coleman was so much mentally tougher than both Kerr and Brock. He could take more punishment and wouldn't just turtle up like they did on numerous occassions. Only way to beat Coleman was KO him or pull off an amazing sub, neither of which I believe Lesnar or Kerr could do to a prime Coleman. I am very confident they would eventually break in a battle with The Hammer.

Very good post I agree 100%. Kerr was a very good wrestler, but he did not reach the level of Coleman, he did come close though. I think if Coleman and Kerr fought 5 times Coleman would win 4 out of 5 times. People are forgetting that both fighters were in the Pride Grand Prix 2000 which Colman won. Coleman beat the man who beat the man. Coleman TKO'd Vovchanchyn who beat Kerr.

Regarding the steroids, they were both on them big time.

You guys have to remember that Coleman was competing at anywhere from 80-95lbs less than Lesnar. Thats a huge fucking difference in wrestling, and also correlates to punching power.

Size certainly is a factor, and the only chance Lesner would have in beating Coleman would be to land one of his ham hand fists on Coleman's jaw, this is exactly what happened in the Couture fight. Couture was beating Lesner, and then Lesner landed a good shot, and the tables were turned. Coleman had one of the best double legs I have seen in MMA, he could shoot and take down people from a distance where he was actually out of range of punches and kicks. I think Colman even with the size difference would be able to take down Lesner, and keep him on the ground, and then proceed to pound him out.

Size certainly is a factor, and the only chance Lesner would have in beating Coleman would be to land one of his ham hand fists on Coleman's jaw, this is exactly what happened in the Couture fight. Couture was beating Lesner, and then Lesner landed a good shot, and the tables were turned. Coleman had one of the best double legs I have seen in MMA, he could shoot and take down people from a distance where he was actually out of range of punches and kicks. I think Colman even with the size difference would be able to take down Lesner, and keep him on the ground, and then proceed to pound him out.

Lol at Lesner losing that fight.

Lesner lost Neal 3-2 the year Neal destroyed the World Championship.

Lol at Lesner losing that fight.

Lesner lost Neal 3-2 the year Neal destroyed the World Championship.

There weren't any punches in the Neal match, and Lesner does not like to be hit, nor does he have a good chin.

There weren't any punches in the Neal match, and Lesner does not like to be hit, nor does he have a good chin.

We're talking about Coleman.....

Lesner also dropped Herring in his 3rd fight ever.

Coleman can't take him down and I don't think he can stand with him.

And Lesner has much better cardio.

We're talking about Coleman.....

Lesner also dropped Herring in his 3rd fight ever.

Coleman can't take him down and I don't think he can stand with him.

And Lesner has much better cardio.

Cain Velazquez took Lesner down with a single leg, granted Brock took Cain down twice. You really don't think Coleman would be able to get the fight to the ground? I respectfully disagree. Furthermore, when Brock gets hit he turns his head and his back. The threat of getting punched makes him much easier to take down in a MMA fight, than in a straight wrestling match.

Cain Velazquez took Lesner down with a single leg, granted Brock took Cain down twice. You really don't think Coleman would be able to get the fight to the ground? I respectfully disagree. Furthermore, when Brock gets hit he turns his head and his back. The threat of getting punched makes him much easier to take down in a MMA fight, than in a straight wrestling match.

Cain also has great striking to setup the takedowns.

Coleman just spammed doubles from across the cage/ring.

We will never know how to possibly gauge how much diverticulitis took out of Lesnar

Lol this thread is ridiculous. Coleman would get smashed by Lesnar even in his prime. The size difference is God awful. And Coleman was never that great at MMA...

Well, I don't think we can glean much from Couture vs Coleman regarding how Coleman vs Lesnar would've gone. Ironically, right after Coleman was inducted in to the UFC Hall of Fame he was booked to fight Lesnar but the fight fell apart. At the point Couture vs Coleman happened Randy was just so much better technically and was in better physical condition with a more varied skill set. Somehow Randy kept getting better as his MMA career progressed. Couture, Coleman, and Lesnar were all NCAA DI multiple time All Americans with Coleman and Lesnar winning titles and randy reaching the finals twice. I believe only Lesnar was a HW at that point while Couture and Coleman wrestled 190. But wrestling-wise that's where the similarities end. Couture went back to the International Greco circuit after college, Coleman went to the international freestyle circuit. Both earned medals with Coleman earning the more prestigious hardware and making an Olympic team. Lesnar never wrestled in senior level freestyle.

Sorry, I meant the Couture vs Lesnar fight :)

Lol this thread is ridiculous. Coleman would get smashed by Lesnar even in his prime. The size difference is God awful. And Coleman was never that great at MMA...

Brock probably was like 280 or something but how big was Coleman here?

2f18b5d06bbfe751c54b90cd4569c133.jpg

What was Coleman at his biggest?

Either way I still think he is 100x tougher than Brock. Brock is a beast himself but he is so much more likely to fold if the going gets tough. Coleman could persevere and survive a bad spot. Lesnar really can't. Brock breaks first.

he still survived Carwin, who hit way stronger than Coleman,

he is just too big for a guy Coleman’s size

he still survived Carwin, who hit way stronger than Coleman,

he is just too big for a guy Coleman’s size

Carwin is a good wrestler, but he is no where near the level of Coleman and Neal. In this fight Carwin actually exposed Lesnar's dislike of getting hit, and his mediocre jaw. Carwin had Lesnar on Queer street, to Brocks credit he did come back and submit Carwin.

Ok, the size difference is a valid argument, but Coleman was not great at MMA? In his prime he was one of the greats.

people say brock folds when it gets tough but go watch what Carwin and Cain have done to other guys. Brock actually took more punishment than most guys could take.

He has also fought better strikers than Coleman. If he can take down Carwin and Cain i think he can get Coleman to the cage and take him down and once on top smash him. Brock is freakishly fast for his size.

Old couture did very well va lesnar

Prime Coleman rag dolls him

Brock probably was like 280 or something but how big was Coleman here?

2f18b5d06bbfe751c54b90cd4569c133.jpg

What was Coleman at his biggest?

Either way I still think he is 100x tougher than Brock. Brock is a beast himself but he is so much more likely to fold if the going gets tough. Coleman could persevere and survive a bad spot. Lesnar really can't. Brock breaks first.
Coleman was 245 jacked in pride

Size won't matter both not technical masters but Coleman would win as he is better wrestler by far Olympic level

Back