Colin Kapernick awarded lifetime achievement award from Sports Illustrated

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
LMAO..liberals will use this guy and milk him until he's dry.

https://www.si.com/sportsperson/201...m&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

http://ktla.com/2017/11/30/colin-ka...ports-illustrateds-muhammad-ali-legacy-award/

Here is their statement:

It is a rare person who gives up what he loves in exchange for what he believes. Colin Kaepernick is the winner of SI’s Muhammad Ali Legacy Award.

What he believes = a mediocre drama queen QB is worth Aaron Rodgers money

I thought old people who accomplished a lot in their field, not someone whose ignorant complaints bounced them out of their field before the age of 30 were the ones who got lifetime achievement awards.

Then again, murderer Caitruce Jenner got a heroism award...

Simple solution to this bull shit, people stop buying the rag.

Simple solution to this bull shit, people stop buying the rag.

I think it represents part of a larger problem. The awarding culture is insidious in my view. It elevates people who play dress up and padded head crushers to damn near mythical status in the eyes of literally tens of millions of americans.

Not as much of a problem in sports, but when I hear "artists" getting awards, it strikes me as insane, as any artist who cares about their art would not hope for such lavish praise. One would think it obscures the vision they are attempting to make, coloring with praise and opinion.

Now yall know how i felt watching NCO's get bronze stars just for being in theater.

Fucked up feeling aint it?

When is the celebratory flag-burning? Will Tim Tebow be pantsed?

Has Trump Tweeted on this yet or is he waiting till he needs a distraction?

There are so many of these so-called leaders who have awards and placards for their "work" in the community. yet you look around those places and.....

Fitting. I was comparing him to Ali long ago and yous guys made fun of me. I am certainly being vindicated now. He is certainly deserving and a role model for us all.

I think it represents part of a larger problem. The awarding culture is insidious in my view. It elevates people who play dress up and padded head crushers to damn near mythical status in the eyes of literally tens of millions of americans.

Not as much of a problem in sports, but when I hear "artists" getting awards, it strikes me as insane, as any artist who cares about their art would not hope for such lavish praise. One would think it obscures the vision they are attempting to make, coloring with praise and opinion.
But you have white trash like Taylor Swift representing herself as an artist. Yet somehow when she got some cross over success, she abandoned country music completely. She even refuses to play it at concerts.

My point is, she isnt an artist, she is a capitalist, just like almost all of these actors, singers, etc. We have very few Kaeps, kanye's or spike lee's left in the world

But you have white trash like Taylor Swift representing herself as an artist. Yet somehow when she got some cross over success, she abandoned country music completely. She even refuses to play it at concerts.

My point is, she isnt an artist, she is a capitalist, just like almost all of these actors, singers, etc. We have very few Kaeps, kanye's or spike lee's left in the world

Colin Kaepernick is a man, raised by a white woman, who talks about his experience being raised by blacks, as a black person.

Kanye is a biter, an egomaniac, and has not made any art that has said anything but "I'm the shit!!" in over a decade.

Spike Lee is a hack director who has had nothing to say for about 30 years.

I agree on Taylor Swift, though, and just about any other "artist" who does not write ALL of their music.

You have to realize that sometimes these imperfect "hacks" as you put it, are the most effective at popularizing certain causes. What's better, a hack popularizing a worthwhile and legitimate cause that gets people thinking or acting, or the cause never spreading because no messengers of this cause were deemed perfect enough?

You have to realize that sometimes these imperfect "hacks" as you put it, are the most effective at popularizing certain causes. What's better, a hack popularizing a worthwhile and legitimate cause that gets people thinking or acting, or the cause never spreading because no messengers of this cause were deemed perfect enough?
Quote the wrong person?

Back