Colin Kapernick awarded lifetime achievement award from Sports Illustrated

I thought old people who accomplished a lot in their field, not someone whose ignorant complaints bounced them out of their field before the age of 30 were the ones who got lifetime achievement awards.

Then again, murderer Caitruce Jenner got a heroism award...

It isn't a lifetime achievement award. OP just added that...I wonder why

LMAO... watched a SSgt (USMC) who got relieved from his tank for being absolutely worthless get a Navy/Marine Corps Commendation Medal for his deployment. Apparently SNCO's and above were guaranteed deployment awards as long as they didn't get any negative paperwork... the whole thing made me sick.

I've never seen an NCO get a bronze star though... you must be Army. My buddy (Corporal) did get a Silver Star but he straight up saved the life of our company commander after their tank had been firebombed and was burning to the ground. My buddy dragged the CO to cover, returned fire with his god damned pistol, and was doing life-saving first aid. The entire episode happened while his tank was in a "kill-box" as they ended up going down the wrong road during OIF I.

Here's a write-up and not a single fucking mention of my buddy, Corporal Peixotto, who saved this guys life. Typical :

"Captain Jeffrey S. Houston dismounted his tank in order take over another tank within his Company. While moving to the other tank, an enemy sniper found his mark and Captain Houston was severely injured with a gunshot wound to the jaw. Captain Houston's immobilized tank became an instant target for Iraqi gunners. In the fusillade of fire that followed, an RPG pierced the rubber flexcell fuel bladder strapped to the side of the tank, and the leaking fuel set the entire tank ablaze. This burned out M1A1 hulk was a sobering sight to follow-on units and drove home the bitter fighting in the area. There were dangers beyond bullets and RPGs too. A truck bomb mixed in with the mass of civilian traffic on Highway 6 maneuvered next to another tank of Charlie Company and was detonated. Fortunately, the injuries to the crew were minor and the tank continued in the attack.
"

http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/With the 1st Marine Division in Iraq, 2003 PCN 10600000000_21.pdf

Sorry for derailing the thread but it's about Kap receiving a sports award for not actually doing much of anything in sports. ; )

Man... I dont even know what to say.
Makes my eyeballs feel hot.

Yeah i was army.

This is the climate we've created with our low attention spans. All these publications would rather grab some quick controversy money at the price of their brand, because it's not worth putting the effort into quality publishing.

Kap earned the right. What's more American than protest? The country was founded on protest.

Wasn't america founded on the idea of getting out of the country whose policies you hate, and having the balls to start your own thing somewhere else, because you believe the rule of law matters more than the whims of the elite?

I wasn't aware it was founded on kneeling like a bitch because you're so bad at your job that the only way to maintain relevance is by making a hollow political point about issues you don't understand.

Interesting.

Wasn't america founded on the idea of getting out of the country whose policies you hate, and having the balls to start your own thing somewhere else, because you believe the rule of law matters more than the whims of the elite?

I wasn't aware it was founded on kneeling like a bitch because you're so bad at your job that the only way to maintain relevance is by making a hollow political point about issues you don't understand.

Interesting.
Only ignorant racists think it's about football. I'm truly sorry you don't understand the American principles.

I think it represents part of a larger problem. The awarding culture is insidious in my view. It elevates people who play dress up and padded head crushers to damn near mythical status in the eyes of literally tens of millions of americans.

Not as much of a problem in sports, but when I hear "artists" getting awards, it strikes me as insane, as any artist who cares about their art would not hope for such lavish praise. One would think it obscures the vision they are attempting to make, coloring with praise and opinion.
While I agree with your general tone, the vast numbers hear about this and snicker. There are no tens of millions falling for their shit.

For every Max Kellerman or Jamele Hill (presenter or fan) there are a thousand fans who see right through the bullshit. This Kapernick thing has backfired and will continue to backfire on those whose agenda is to elevate him to hero status and ramp up identity politics.

While I agree with your general tone, the vast numbers hear about this and snicker. There are no tens of millions falling for their shit.

For every Max Kellerman or Jamele Hill (presenter or fan) there are a thousand fans who see right through the bullshit. This Kapernick thing has backfired and will continue to backfire on those whose agenda is to elevate him to hero status and ramp up identity politics.

The everyone's a winner ethos has been around for decades. Yes, there are tens of millions who subscribe to this shit.

Back