Collection of Best I've faced/trained (Ring Magazine)

Awesome read. Two things I took from reading most of them.

Miguel Cotto and Shane Mosley are the real deal.

And Cotto sounds terrifying to be int he ring with and very hard puncher.

Awesome read. Two things I took from reading most of them.

Miguel Cotto and Shane Mosley are the real deal.

And Cotto sounds terrifying to be int he ring with and very hard puncher.
That stood out to me as well, how often Shane Mosley was mentioned in those stories.

In for later.

Very interesting to see how much credit Dundee gave to Luis "El feo" Rodriguez. Skillswise he puts him at the same level as the best he's ever trained, and he trained the best.

Bump: Brown, Kalambay, Galaxy, Salas, Olivares, Downes, JMM and Wlad

That stood out to me as well, how often Shane Mosley was mentioned in those stories.
i don't think i saw a single fight of mosley's before the first delahoya fight, when he was at his best. he was pretty much diminished after vernon forrest got him i keep meaning to watch some of his lightweight fights.

i don't think i saw a single fight of mosley's before the first delahoya fight, when he was at his best. he was pretty much diminished after vernon forrest got him i keep meaning to watch some of his lightweight fights.
He was a wrecking machine at lightweight but didn't fight anyone that great. Leija and Holiday were decent fighters but probably his best wins at the weight.

Mosley reminded me of Evander Holyfield. They both went up in weight and turned into brawlers. Mosley was never Pernell or anything but he was a lot more mobile and explosive at 135.

Here's the Leija fight.

Bump: Gushiken, Bruno, DeMarco, Patterson, Cotto, Maske, Medina, Juarez, Starling, Haugen, Nelson, Gonzalez, Moorer, Ottke, Eubank, Buchanan, Kittikasem

Bump: Gushiken, Bruno, DeMarco, Patterson, Cotto, Maske, Medina, Juarez, Starling, Haugen, Nelson, Gonzalez, Moorer, Ottke, Eubank, Buchanan, Kittikasem
Looking forward to the Greg Haugen bit. Always like Haugen.

he had a good career and was a good fighter. Wasn't up to the challenge against Chavez, but few were.
Just finished reading it- exactly what I thought it would be. Hilarious stuff. Haugen was a character.

Just finished reading it- exactly what I thought it would be. Hilarious stuff. Haugen was a character.
haha getting the characters out of this is the best part. you mentioned the Morales one earlier in this thread and I loved it: "Barrera? Nah, fuck that guy"

Last edited:
Is there a limit cap? I'm can't view unsubscribed any more.

Is there a limit cap? I'm can't view unsubscribed any more.
I'm not sure. Sorry to hear that. I think you should be able to read at least most of them, though some might be subscribers only (I think the Cotto one is).

Back