Columbus statue covered up in LA, Columbus Day removed and replaced by Indiginous Peoples Day

Should Columbus Day be removed and replaced with Indigenous Peoples Day?

• Total voters
indigenous people needs to have their good day too!

Thank god. Columbus was a fucking monster. We shouldn't celebrate monsters like Columbus, Reagan, Bush or other perpetrators of crimes against humanity. We should acknowledge their role in the evil while pointing out the good they've done as well.

The chief arguments against Howard Zinn and his critical portrayal of history, esp. A People's History, is that he doesn't celebrate with pom pons the greatness of the US! Considering every other fucking history book under the sun generally does that, Zinn is viewed as radical.

Critical analysis makes one more informed. One sided cheerleading is proselytizing and an invitation of excessive egoism...a step out of rational truth seeking. Right wing savages do not comprehend this.

you'd think a 12 year old troll account would have better trolling abilities.
Columbus wiped out what, a quarter of a million indians. He ran a thriving slave line that was sadistic, murderous and brutal. He really scored the $$$.

Just who the fuck do you think you are to defend such a inglorious record? Don't answer that. You're obviously a right winger and not worth the effort. I hear Sean Hannity calling you.

“In two years, through murder, mutilation, or suicide, half of the 250,000 Indians on Haiti were dead.” Columbus’s efforts amounted to genocide. Native people “were worked at a ferocious pace, and died by the thousands,” Zinn writes. “By the year 1515, there were perhaps fifty thousand Indians left. By 1550, there were five hundred. A report of the year 1650 shows none of the original Arawaks [on the Bahamas] or their descendants left on the island.” A People's History - Howard Zinn

Bezmenov-quote.jpg

Sooo... you don't... actually... have a counter... argument? Wierd... Could it be because you don't have any actual position of your own other to just scream "RACIST" at the top of your lungs the way you've been told?

Columbus didn't "discover" shit.

People were already fucking here.

Etc.

Etc.

So FUCK a day dedicated to a "discovery".

Enjoy your winnings Ifd0311. This thread is turning out to be a major epic route of the Zinn regurgitaters.
Blatant trolling and baiting are ok in the war room now?

How low can we take this?

Columbus.

Didn't.

Discover.

Shit.

People.

Were.

Already.

Here.

He discovered an entire continent with an entire race of people which the rest of the world didn't know existed. So yes, he discovered something. Was it a great achievement? No. But drop the whole 'people were already here therefore he discovered nothing' nonsense. It makes you look so stupid.

Columbus didn't "discover" shit.

People were already fucking here.

Etc.

Etc.

So FUCK a day dedicated to a "discovery".

LOL, you didn't actually read what I wrote huh? And how rustled are you?

Yes, he discovered the Americas by any metric that matters. You're just a salty little child.

Columbus wiped out what, a quarter of a million indians. He ran a thriving slave line that was sadistic, murderous and brutal. He really scored the $$$.

Just who the fuck do you think you are to defend such a inglorious record? Don't answer that. You're obviously a right winger and not worth the effort. I hear Sean Hannity calling you.

“In two years, through murder, mutilation, or suicide, half of the 250,000 Indians on Haiti were dead.” Columbus’s efforts amounted to genocide. Native people “were worked at a ferocious pace, and died by the thousands,” Zinn writes. “By the year 1515, there were perhaps fifty thousand Indians left. By 1550, there were five hundred. A report of the year 1650 shows none of the original Arawaks [on the Bahamas] or their descendants left on the island.” A People's History - Howard Zinn

Yes, thank you for quoting Howard Zinn. Did you even read my post? The man's a liar. His entire position is based off of something that Columbus was exonerated for while he was alive because it was preposterous. A half a million people? are you high? That's dozens and dozens of millions more people than even lived in the region at the time, you realize that right? And Columbus might have had 200 men. That's a BUNCH of killing for 200 dudes to do, especially when they weren't even there most of the time. You got conned. Congratulations for doubling down on that.

So what, specifically, would be celebrate on Indigenous Peoples' Day? A particular accomplishment? A set of accomplishments? Technological achievement? Fine cuisine? Impact on the world stage? Their history of slavery and human sacrifice? Their peaceful history of cooperation between the native groups in which acts of barbarism were absent until the Europeans showed up? Or simply that they were there?

I'm down for an Indigenous Peoples' Day. Now I'm just wondering - what, specifically, would we be celebrating about said peoples?

I am going to chuck up this idiotic post to the low quality of history education in the USA.

The peoples of the Americas created great civilizations which awesome achievements in architecture, metallurgy, ceramics, agriculture and medicine.

What impact they had on the world stage? The foodstuffs that the Columbian Exchange gave to the rest of the world were domesticated by the peoples of the Americas.

Lmao damn, didn't know the big bad USSR was playing me since I was in middle school.

How old are you? Because he's talking about thier plan going back to the 60's to subvert the US college system and start teaching American College students Communism without them realizing it.

How old are you? Because he's talking about thier plan going back to the 60's to subvert the US college system and start teaching American College students Communism without them realizing it.
Quit living in fear, dude.

Back