Combate Americas 1 Night Featherweight Tournament Dec 7 Live on DAZN 6pm/9pm PT/ET, Discussion.

yeah 1 night tournaments are actually legal as long as you don't go over 25mins

What I love about them is how they are willing to experiment with different formats. They stand out in a sea of "us too"/UFC-lite MMA promotions. Plus their owner (or CEO, whatever) is like how I would be if I owned an MMA promotion. You can tell he loves the fights and the stories behind the fighters

You know he was co creator of the UFC right?

So his product is UFC lite lol

Combate is cool making some progress but still feels very regional to me but they can get some name value free agents from Latin countries and promote them up.Combate is indeed fun to watch.

I hope this lromotion succeed, they're awesome at bringing entertaining fights.

I love the South American athmosphere, it's like watching boxing.

Is not South American, it’s more Central America feeling.

i would watch this... they have a deal with ESPN Latin America so hopefully they are going to air it live (ussually they make the majority of the evenst on tape delay)

Why do you keep referring to Combate Americas as South American? It's true that it's focused on the Spanish speaking market, but the CEO Campbell McLaren is American and most of their events take place in the U.S. or Mexico, both of which are in North America. Most of their roster of fighters are American or Mexican or from other countries in Central America, which is also part of the North American continent.

1 more fighter added Zebenzui from Spain

Alejandro Flores 13-1 (Mexico)
Andres Quintana 15-2 (USA)
Gaston Reyno 8-2 (Uruguay)
Marlon Gonzalez 14-3-2 (Peru)
Zebenzui Ruiz 7-2 (Spain)

Last edited:
They are covered fairly regularly on most MMA media sites and especially lately since DAZN added their English language broadcasts to the service. Very fun promotion to watch with a lot of finishes.

I would strongly disagree. I rarely see them on sites, and on fight nights the message boards have 0 chatter about the shows.

In between the expiration of the Fight Lass contract and now being on DAZN, Univision was their only outlet, and coverage of their events went way down. Their ceo Campbell McClaren actually made a bit of a stink about it, and called out Heleani. Apparently their ratings on Univision often equal or exceed what the UFC often does on FS1.

In between the expiration of the Fight Lass contract and now being on DAZN, Univision was their only outlet, and coverage of their events went way down. Their ceo Campbell McClaren actually made a bit of a stink about it, and called out Heleani. Apparently their ratings on Univision often equal or exceed what the UFC often does on FS1.

it was just hard to watch their events live since univision tape delays Combate, DAZN is the only way to watch their events live.

it was just hard to watch their events live since univision tape delays Combate, DAZN is the only way to watch their events live.
I don't have Univision myself, as my cable doesn't offer it with most standard packages in my region.Not about to pay for a channel for one show, either. I will say that McClaren had a good point when he went after the mma media for their lack of coverage, considering most of the popular mma media sites are American based, as is Combate, while plenty of outside organizations like Rizin, KSW, ACB, and ONE are always getting event coverage.

I don't have Univision myself, as my cable doesn't offer it with most standard packages in my region.Not about to pay for a channel for one show, either. I will say that McClaren had a good point when he went after the mma media for their lack of coverage, considering most of the popular mma media sites are American based, as is Combate, while plenty of outside organizations like Rizin, KSW, ACB, and ONE are always getting event coverage.

I am glad they are on DAZN but the only thing i don't like is juliana pena she sucks

Here is the trophy

DrgmsP2UUAAd12a.jpg:large

All of the tournament fighters

DrgaOghV4AEbI8A.jpg

Marlon Gonzalez 14-3-2 (Peru)
Bruno Cannetti 7-5 (Argentina)
Jhon Bedoya 6-0 (Colombia)
Pablo Villaseca 13-4 (Chile)

Last edited:
i would watch this... they have a deal with ESPN Latin America so hopefully they are going to air it live (ussually they make the majority of the evenst on tape delay)

Really? Never heard of that or watched ESPN LA broadcasting MMA

Really? Never heard of that or watched ESPN LA broadcasting MMA
The broadcast team is 100% mexican, maybe the same team that go live in Mexican tv... ESPN LA aired some events at 2 or 3 am on ESPN3. (of course tape delay)

The broadcast team is 100% mexican, maybe the same team that go live in Mexican tv... ESPN LA aired some events at 2 or 3 am on ESPN3. (of course tape delay)

Ohhh fck, I don't have the #3
Thanks for the info

DrhnMjHWoAIyAut.jpg

DrhgZzAVYAAD-n2.jpg

DrhfjWoVAAAzOwP.jpg

Drhf231UwAAQ85N.jpg

Bruno Cannetti 7-5 (Argentina)

Drhg1IDU4AEBlBA.jpg