Come back to the early 90's with me

1990 - 1993 brahs gtfih

It was a completely unique time in terms of...well...everything. Fashion, movies, music, everything. It was like everybody decided pop culture, after the 80's, would go one way. But then by the mid 90's it went a completely opposite direction, lol. The parachute pants and neon colors of the early 90's went the way of the dinosaur. And so the early 90's is a completely unique entity unto itself.

Let's go back....

The mid 80’s were even better.

bike_pics_002a_lg.jpg

I was in my early twenties, getting high and having fun, going to speed metal and Grateful Dead shows, until my car accident.
Those were crazy years. I dipped a lot of blotter.

super_soaker_50-_original.jpg

The standard model, worked great.

These were everywhere. They were even in rap (party) videos from girl rap groups. I think everyone had at least one of these if not a higher capacity model.

Where have they gone? I guess kids don't have neighborhood squirtgun fights anymore, just like they don't ride bikes in packs anymore (or at all really). Pretty sad.

Little fact - the super soaker was invented by a NASA scientist in his spare time. At first no toy company was interested in it, then one toy company expressed an interest and in the meeting, the NASA scientist squirted it across the room to demonstrate it's effectiveness...that sealed the deal! Needless to say the guy (and the toy company) made a huge fortune.

This is the story of the NASA scientist, Lonnie Johnson (very inspiring): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37062579

Little fact - the super soaker was invented by a NASA scientist in his spare time. At first no toy company was interested in it, then one toy company expressed an interest and in the meeting, the NASA scientist squirted it across the room to demonstrate it's effectiveness...that sealed the deal! Needless to say the guy (and the toy company) made a huge fortune.

This is the story of the NASA scientist, Lonnie Johnson (very inspiring): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37062579

I remember Super Soakers being less efective the higher the number went up.

I had a Super Soaker 200, you had to pump that thing for like 20 mins before it'd shoot any meaningful distance.

@fonzob1 @Jack Reacheround

fellas, fellas....i was 13 in 1993 and 19 in 1999, those were my "teen" years.

13-14, 14-15, 15-16, 16-17, 17-18, 18-19, 19-20 - 7 years of have a teen suffix to my age.

there's a lot of great nostalgic memories in here, let's just all agree on that!

@fonzob1 @Jack Reacheround

fellas, fellas....i was 13 in 1993 and 19 in 1999, those were my "teen" years.

13-14, 14-15, 15-16, 16-17, 17-18, 18-19, 19-20 - 7 years of have a teen suffix to my age.

there's a lot of great nostalgic memories in here, let's just all agree on that!
I concur. We’re nearly the same age. I’m just a few years younger. Graduated high school in 2000.

MTV sports with Dan Cortese.
Daisy Fuentes, and the Maxx. Headbanger's Ball (Riki Rachtman sucked, but whatever).

Good times on MTV then.

MTV sports with Dan Cortese.
Daisy Fuentes, and the Maxx. Headbanger's Ball (Riki Rachtman sucked, but whatever).

Good times on MTV then.

I vaguely recall the first time I turned on MTV on a Saturday night to watch Headbangers Ball, and it was something like "Alternative Nation" or "120 Minutes" instead. I was outraged.

Back