Crime Comey Admits to Ignoring Proper Protocol

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Comey proudly admits he circumvented proper procedure to lure Flynn into a perjury trap in the early days of Trump's presidency. Comey says he wouldn't have "gotten away with it" in another administration. Interesting that Comey would respect due process and the Constitution until Trump became president. I wonder what happened to that "higher purpose" he had to the United States. Is the Constitution no part of that "higher purpose?" I am pretty certain you have to swear an oath to uphold the Constitution in order to be a member of the FBI.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/co...ents-to-interview-mike-flynn-was-not-standard

Comey went on to acknowledge the way the interview was set up – not through the White House counsel’s office, but arranged directly with Flynn – was not standard practice. He called it “something I probably wouldn't have done or maybe gotten away with in a more … organized administration.”

Describing how it is usually done, Comey said, “If the FBI wanted to send agents into the White House itself to interview a senior official, you would work through the White House counsel, and there would be discussions and approvals and who would be there.”

Last edited:
Upload the constitution??? I’m positive you don’t have to swear an oath to do that...

Upload the constitution??? I’m positive you don’t have to swear an oath to do that...
It must be nice never having to make a relevant reply ever.
Perjury trap is not a real thing.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/p/perjury-trap-doctrine/
Perjury trap doctrine refers to a principle that a perjury indictment against a person must be dismissed if the prosecution secures it by calling that person as a grand-jury witness in an effort to obtain evidence for a perjury charge especially when the person’s testimony does not relate to issues material to the ongoing grand-jury investigation. The perjury trap is a form of entrapment defense, and so must be affirmatively proven by the defendant.

I was kind of hoping that Marxist drones produced in the American educational system weren't a real thing either, but I was sadly mistaken.

So Comey said it's okay to leak information from the White House. Seems like treason.

But Comey is a republican!

If there is one things conservatives live by in this administration, its protocol

If there is one things conservatives live by in this administration, its protocol
So, Trump is not a conventional politician, and that makes it okay for Comey or Mueller to completely circumvent the Constitution unchecked? That's your justification? Don't pretend like you give a fuck about protocol. Tossing the Constitution or any other laws is perfectly okay with you, so long as it benefits your position. It feels gratifying now, but you will not like it when the shoe is on the other foot. Things can change very quickly.

A scumbag? Try a traitor who violated his oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution. The American voter decides who is in charge, not the FBI or a special counsel who answers to no one.
I fail to see how contacting Flynn directly instead of through White House counsel is somehow violating the Constitution. Could you explain this?

I fail to see how contacting Flynn directly instead of through White House counsel is somehow violating the Constitution. Could you explain this?
Telling Flynn not to bring an attorney and failing to explain to him that provided false statements in his interview could result in a criminal charge? It is called due process, and it is covered by the 5th amendment.

Telling Flynn not to bring an attorney and failing to explain to him that provided false statements in his interview could result in a criminal charge? It is called due process, and it is covered by the 5th amendment.
So out the window it goes. Fruit of the poisonous tree and such. In creeps reasonable doubt.

@Quipling

Last edited:
So out the window it goes. Fruit of the poisonous tree and such. In creeps reasonable doubt.

@Quipling

One would hope. Explain to me exactly what crime (other than misspeaking in an interview with the FBI) Flynn actually committed? You can't pin your political enemy with "treason" (because he didn't commit treason), so you maneuver him into a perjury trap. It resembles Stalinist Russia more than 21st Century America.

Comey is a real POS it makes you think what other unethical things he did. His handling of the Clinton email investigation was a dumpster fire and I'm not talking about if she should of been charged with anything aspect more of his public handling of it and who he had as investigators.

Back