Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

This is huge.

A lot of people talk shit about Bendis but he has written so much great stuff for marvel throughout the years I don't see how you can knock the guy. Even currently he has a bunch of books that are all good. Jessica jones, Miles morales, iron man

There are so many characters at DC that Bendis would be a perfect fit for

Teen Titans
Flash
Night wing
Suicide Squad/Secret Six
Gotham Central
Zatanna
Batman (his daredevil is proof of that)
Legion of Superheroes
Shazam
Green Arrow
Wonder Woman

I think he would crush anyone of those characters.

A lot of people talk shit about Bendis but he has written so much great stuff for marvel throughout the years I don't see how you can knock the guy. Even currently he has a bunch of books that are all good. Jessica jones, Miles morales, iron man

There are so many characters at DC that Bendis would be a perfect fit for

Teen Titans
Flash
Night wing
Suicide Squad/Secret Six
Gotham Central
Zatanna
Batman (his daredevil is proof of that)
Legion of Superheroes
Shazam
Green Arrow
Wonder Woman

I think he would crush anyone of those characters.

Read that he wants to do Batman for sure.

He could run with The Question if he wanted to, possibly even Constantine.

Wouldn't complain if he somehow did JSA, with the Holt Mr. Terrific and Wildcat on the squad.

Read that he wants to do Batman for sure.

He could run with The Question if he wanted to, possibly even Constantine.

Wouldn't complain if he somehow did JSA, with the Holt Mr. Terrific and Wildcat on the squad.

Those are great choices! I didn't even think of the JSA. that title would be a perfect fit for him.

Rumor mill had it that Jonathan Hickman might be headed DC’s way as well.

Rumor mill had it that Jonathan Hickman might be headed DC’s way as well.
he's been known to troll with things like this, but anything is possible. the rumor is that it's not exclusive like with Bendis.

Bought a store exclusive Del'Otto Dk3 #5 variant

0C0yXOb.jpg

<{jackyeah}>

Started Secret Wars. A bit weird so far, but i love the art, and Doom so far is awesome

Bought some random batman books: 31,32,34. It was the end of War of jokes and riddles, and some next shit with talia. I liked what i read in WJR mostly, even if i missed the buildup. I didnt like the narration from bbatman, as it lessened the urgency of the story we're seeing. Also the art was pretty bland, and they made The Riddler's motive pretty suspect. Ill check the trade for that maybe. I couild deal without ever reading the talia arc though

That cover though
Batman-34.jpg

DK3 has been getting good reviews. Anyone read it?

Bought a store exclusive Del'Otto Dk3 #5 variant

0C0yXOb.jpg

<{jackyeah}>

Started Secret Wars. A bit weird so far, but i love the art, and Doom so far is awesome

Bought some random batman books: 31,32,34. It was the end of War of jokes and riddles, and some next shit with talia. I liked what i read in WJR mostly, even if i missed the buildup. I didnt like the narration from bbatman, as it lessened the urgency of the story we're seeing. Also the art was pretty bland, and they made The Riddler's motive pretty suspect. Ill check the trade for that maybe. I couild deal without ever reading the talia arc though

That cover though
Batman-34.jpg

DK3 has been getting good reviews. Anyone read it?

DK3 is pretty fucking awesome. Not as good as 1 but far superior to two. Make sure if you are buying the 2nd printing or trade that you get the short stories released in the original copy. My father picked up the 2nd printing and that's how we found out that they cut out the green lantern little comic inside that shows how he lost his hand. My dad was pissed

Finished Secret Wars. It's a masterpiece <{smellit?}>

There isnt a villain out there as layered, and compelling as Doom. This also cemented Doom and Strange as my favorite duo.

The story was great, the art was fantastic, and it made me more interested in reading more of this universe. Never read Hickman before, so now ill go check out bis F4 run before this and more.

The one thing that bothered me is that once Richards arrives, he doesnt give Doom a chance. Right away he assumes things are bad solely because Doom is in control. Let them see more of the world before coming to that conclusion first.

On first reading, this was better than Kingdom Come.{<hhh]

@Secret Agent
@Anung Un Rama
@Dragonlordxxxxx

Also another dell'otto variant

1160366_orig.jpg

There isnt a villain out there as layered, and compelling as Doom. This also cemented Doom and Strange as my favorite duo.

The story was great, the art was fantastic, and it made me more interested in reading more of this universe. Never read Hickman before, so now ill go check out bis F4 run before this and more.

The one thing that bothered me is that once Richards arrives, he doesnt give Doom a chance. Right away he assumes things are bad solely because Doom is in control. Let them see more of the world before coming to that conclusion first.

@Secret Agent
@Anung Un Rama
@Dragonlordxxxxx

1160366_orig.jpg
I felt the series was really well done, art work was amazing, it I remember being underwhelmed with the ending - seemed typically deus ex machina for Hitch's Avengers run.

Doom is GOAT.

Still thought Kingdom Come was better by a lot.

Marvel has really fallen off since Hickman left the Avengers.

That era from 2000 until Hickman finished avengers was one of their greatest eras.

Since that time marvel lost so much talent and has really fallen off

@Secret Agent
@Anung Un Rama
@Dragonlordxxxxx

1160366_orig.jpg
I still haven't finished Secret Wars. Artwork was amazing. I'll try to finish it but I'm not hopeful that I'll be blown away. We'll see.

@Secret Agent
@Anung Un Rama
@Dragonlordxxxxx

1160366_orig.jpg

I liked Secret Wars a lot and appreciate what Hickman did with the Avengers. Infinity was also great.

His real gem was New Avengers, which I suggest you read.

Kingpin: Born Against was surprisiny really good, even if it was cliche. Loved the art o n Fisk, making him look like more like an ogre than a man. I'll definitely follow up on this. Im assuming him becoming maayor is the next story?

Looks like another big change over at Marvel comics. First, an almost 20 year mainstay leaves in Brian Bendis now It appears EIC Axel Alonso will be leaving the company as well. Alonso was promoted to EIC in January 2011 and he has received criticism from long time fans for some of his decisions. C.B. Cebulski was named the new EIC for the house of ideas.

https://www.newsarama.com/37418-axel-alonso-out-cb-cebulski-in-as-marvel-editor-in-chief.html

@Dragonlordxxxxx :p
Yeah, I read that yesterday.

Marvel should just hire Eddie Berganza.

Kingpin: Born Against was surprisiny really good, even if it was cliche. Loved the art o n Fisk, making him look like more like an ogre than a man. I'll definitely follow up on this. Im assuming him becoming maayor is the next story?
Edit: Oops. You're talking about a different comic book. Thought you were talking about Daredevil: Born Again.

Last edited:
Back