Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

Youre missing out. DC has been in the forefront of storytelling for a year or more. Marvel honestly kinda fucking sucks besides a title here and there.

dc got there shit together for rebirth and have been firing on all cylinders since

Wel I haven’t read one thing from them except Mr Miracle. I’m way behind.

Got the first 3 issues of infinity and the last one was atrocious that im not picking any up.

thanos is fucking great and that writer is going to venom in may

Huh?? You hated issue #4 of Hickman's Infinity????
#4 introduced the real reason Thanos came to Earth in first place, Thane.

It also had maybe the most epic fight in whole series, Thanos v. Black Bolt.
it was fucking INCREDIBLE.

3414196-3364191-0%2B%2817%29.jpg

keep your secrets, carry them to the grave!

plus it had Thor showing the Builders could die, igniting the rally to stop the Builders and save the universe (temporarily as incursions were coming).

Infinity was fucking awesome, only slightly behind Annihilation in recent cosmic events. Well maybe Secret Wars 2015, I dunno. Annihilation,Infinity and SW 2015 are all epic and awesome and memorable.

But again I dunno, some people like DKIII Master Race and I wasn't a fan at all.

Last edited:
They did do that. Youre not understanding the rights and why they did that. Fox couldnt use the girl wolverine so they got rid of the regular wolverine and changed his name. Eventually they would of been gone but since mcu got the rights they are bringing wolverine and FF back.

Fox literally used Laura in the Logan movie and called her X-23 at times. Lol so, totally wrong.

Action Comics Special #1 - Best thing ive read in a while

The Last Will and Testament of Lex Luthor by Jurgens was incredible. A classic story

And the Mark Russell Lex/Trump allegory was funny too.

@Anung Un Rama
@Dragonlordxxxxx
@Secret Agent

Are you just going back and reading old runs and stuff?

If you haven't read Spider-Man Blue, or Kravens Last Hunt, or Annihilation (maybe my favorite Marvel event ever), Court of Owls, there's more if you need recommendations.

Are you just going back and reading old runs and stuff?

If you haven't read Spider-Man Blue, or Kravens Last Hunt, or Annihilation (maybe my favorite Marvel event ever), Court of Owls, there's more if you need recommendations.
The action comics is new.

I have a backlog a mile long of old stuff

Huh?? You hated issue #4 of Hickman's Infinity????
#4 introduced the real reason Thanos came to Earth in first place, Thane.

It also had maybe the most epic fight in whole series, Thanos v. Black Bolt.
it was fucking INCREDIBLE.

3414196-3364191-0%2B%2817%29.jpg

keep your secrets, carry them to the grave!

plus it had Thor showing the Builders could die, igniting the rally to stop the Builders and save the universe (temporarily as incursions were coming).

Infinity was fucking awesome, only slightly behind Annihilation in recent cosmic events. Well maybe Secret Wars 2015, I dunno. Annihilation,Infinity and SW 2015 are all epic and awesome and memorable.

But again I dunno, some people like DKIII Master Race and I wasn't a fan at all.

stay current bro. Im talking about the latest infinity. My bad for not being more to the point. I was specifically talking about infinity countdown the new run

and DK3 is fucking awesome and that infinity you quoted started off real good but ended kind of flat

Your quote is out of context and you have no clue what were talking about. move along weirdo

I have a better understanding of this stuff than you obviously do, so stay in your lane.

Your post says Fox couldn't use the girl Wolverine. There's only one female Wolverine, X-23, who was featured in Fox's movie. Maybe you meant Marvel not having the mutant movie rights but your post clearly says Fox.

stay current bro. Im talking about the latest infinity. My bad for not being more to the point. I was specifically talking about infinity countdown the new run

and DK3 is fucking awesome and that infinity you quoted started off real good but ended kind of flat

Infinity Countdown is the current series, of which there has only been three issues.

Just stop dude.

I have a better understanding of this stuff than you obviously do, so stay in your lane.

Your post says Fox couldn't use the girl Wolverine. There's only one female Wolverine, X-23, who was featured in Fox's movie. Maybe you meant Marvel not having the mutant movie rights but your post clearly says Fox.

Im not having this same conversation with two idiots that dont know wtf theyre talking about.

Go away weirdo

Are you mentally insane or something. What are you tagging me for then telling me to go fuck myself.

You liked that lil dipshits post so... fuck you!

if you rolling with the person trolling me dont act surprised when shots are fired

aP0qrIP.gif

You liked that lil dipshits post so... fuck you!

if you rolling with the person trolling me dont act surprised when shots are fired

aP0qrIP.gif

Dude are you insane? I can’t like someone’s post without you having a meltdown.

He was also correct. X23 was literally in Logan

Its because you dont know comics weirdo. FOH

LOL at some fool believing he knows comics better than I do. I
show me one fact in my post that was incorrect. And any time you think you can step into the ring with the big dogs, sit back down. Don't embarrass yourself. You've made it clear you aren't very knowledgeable about comics or comic lore. So sit there with your silly little Thanos avatar, pretending to be some sort of expert, while the big boys talk.

Marvel did attempt to push the Inhumans to a higher degree in the recent past because of owning media rights outside the comics, but they never killed the X-Men in any way. How many X-books have been running since 2010-ish? More than Inhuman books by far.
X-23, the female clone of Logan, first appeared in the animated X-Men Evolution show, debuted in the comics shortly after (2004ish) and has been a stable of X-books ever since, way before the internal beef over publishing books without owning movie rights.
X-23 wasn't even called Wolverine until after the death of 616 Wolverine and after Secret Wars 2015. She was a feature character almost since inception, being a member of every major 616 team, X-Men and Avenger, her push came organically because people genuinely liked the character. It wasn't some diversity push (although I will defend Jane Foster to the bitter end, her run as Thor was as compelling and fun to read as any Odinson book had been in long time), and she wasn't pushed because of the lack of owning Wolverine movie rights because Marvel NEVER OWNED HER MOVIE RIGHTS EITHER. She was created in a Fox property.

You make no sense when you ramble about stuff you obviously know nothing about. Wolverine, 616 Logan, has been front and center in every major event until his death, and shortly after his death was Secret Wars, which brought Old Man Logan (and Miles Morales) into the prime Marvel universe. Wolverine is one of the most renowned and pushed comic characters ever, the character never truly took a back seat, even in death. Even when Marvel was cancelling Fantastic Four books, Logan was front and center, having an entire X-Men book with his name in the title when he was running the Jean Grey school as well as X-Force as well as being in Avenger books. During same timeframe, X-23 was also a major character, first in X-Force then All-New X-Men, as well as being given X-23 solo books and then the All-New Wolverine book, which has been one of the best books published during the whole Marvel Now stuff.

Any questions? I'll help you along.

LOL at some fool believing he knows comics better than I do. I
show me one fact in my post that was incorrect. And any time you think you can step into the ring with the big dogs, sit back down. Don't embarrass yourself. You've made it clear you aren't very knowledgeable about comics or comic lore. So sit there with your silly little Thanos avatar, pretending to be some sort of expert, while the big boys talk.

Marvel did attempt to push the Inhumans to a higher degree in the recent past because of owning media rights outside the comics, but they never killed the X-Men in any way. How many X-books have been running since 2010-ish? More than Inhuman books by far.
X-23, the female clone of Logan, first appeared in the animated X-Men Evolution show, debuted in the comics shortly after (2004ish) and has been a stable of X-books ever since, way before the internal beef over publishing books without owning movie rights.
X-23 wasn't even called Wolverine until after the death of 616 Wolverine and after Secret Wars 2015. She was a feature character almost since inception, being a member of every major 616 team, X-Men and Avenger, her push came organically because people genuinely liked the character. It wasn't some diversity push (although I will defend Jane Foster to the bitter end, her run as Thor was as compelling and fun to read as any Odinson book had been in long time), and she wasn't pushed because of the lack of owning Wolverine movie rights because Marvel NEVER OWNED HER MOVIE RIGHTS EITHER. She was created in a Fox property.

You make no sense when you ramble about stuff you obviously know nothing about. Wolverine, 616 Logan, has been front and center in every major event until his death, and shortly after his death was Secret Wars, which brought Old Man Logan (and Miles Morales) into the prime Marvel universe. Wolverine is one of the most renowned and pushed comic characters ever, the character never truly took a back seat, even in death. Even when Marvel was cancelling Fantastic Four books, Logan was front and center, having an entire X-Men book with his name in the title when he was running the Jean Grey school as well as X-Force as well as being in Avenger books. During same timeframe, X-23 was also a major character, first in X-Force then All-New X-Men, as well as being given X-23 solo books and then the All-New Wolverine book, which has been one of the best books published during the whole Marvel Now stuff.

Any questions? I'll help you along.

I didnt read any of that. Thank you though

Back