Comic movies shifting towards female characters

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
X-men Dark Phoenix is the next big film for Marvel and they stated it's their first time primarily focusing on female characters in their comics.

There's an interview online where all the women are saying it's time for a film do depict women as strong heroes as if Wonder Woman didn't fucking dovthat already.

Why the F does everything have to have some underlying agenda today? Can't it just be about the movie anymore?

Or maybe a movie can just be about a female super hero. There is no reason to be upset.

Ohhhhh, comics. I was thinking comedies. Which sounded like a recipe for disaster since women aren't funny.

Or maybe a movie can just be about a female super hero. There is no reason to be upset.

This.

How dare women want more female superheroes front and center?

The backlash is far worse than women being like "it would be cool to see a Dark Pheonix movie". Fucking crybaby.

X-men Dark Phoenix is the next big film for Marvel and they stated it's their first time primarily focusing on female characters in their comics.

There's an interview online where all the women are saying it's time for a film do depict women as strong heroes as if Wonder Woman didn't fucking dovthat already.

Why the F does everything have to have some underlying agenda today? Can't it just be about the movie anymore?
You mad bro?

You have no idea how ironic (and moronic) this sentence is in your post...

It's just a movie featuring a female character (one of the most powerful one at that) and it'll have all the other x-men involved as well.

Nine fuckin' years since MCU started with Iron Man in 2009 (17 years if we are counting the first x-men in 2000 and all the others with Fox) so we are talking more than 20+ films and you lose your shit because the next x-men title says dark phoenix???

ya fuckin' snowflake...

imagine having a daughter and having her read this drivel written by her father.

Super hero movies, and action movies in general are terrible.

Just wait until TS finds out a black character is getting his own movie.

Seriously, women got Hidden Figures. No more movies for them until we get 5 more Furious flicks.

No problem with it. If it makes money and is entertaining then who the fuck cares?

It's not like there won't be anymore male super hero movies... I mean, Wonder Woman, which I thoroughly enjoyed isn't even top 10 all time grossing. In fact, GoG 2 and Thor: Ragnarok both beat it.

Take a chill pill bro, enjoy some hot bitches (I would drink Gal Gadot's bath water) kicking ass (The Phoenix is one of the most powerful Marvel characters ever as she can literally destroy planets) and smoke some herb.

Last edited:
I've always found X-men to be fairly female centrist. I don't think they need to go out of their way to do so.

Jean (Dark Phonenix)
Rogue
Storm
Psylocke

A lot of those stories have been central to these characters.

I mean you should be pissed that they nerfed Rogue in the movies considering that she had Ms. Marvel's powers for over 20 years in the comics giving her invulnerability, superhuman strength, stamina, durability, reflexes, & speed.

Just don’t overplay the girl power angle and they can be good movies. Killed ghostbusters

I'd imagine they're trying to tap into a broader audience.

The ONLY agenda production companies have, is to make more $$$$.

I dont mind if they want to push female things like action hero's, pro wrestlers, mma fighters, other normally male dominated things

But I do mind when these things bomb, the money isn't generated, the attendance is low and they complain about it. It's one or the other, you can't have both.

Just don’t overplay the girl power angle and they can be good movies. Killed ghostbusters

Yeah, Ghostbusters was an absolute bomb. There have been some successes and some hard misses with female leads.

Back