Commentators Giving Advice During Fights

Why are these guys allowed to inadvertently give fighter’s advice and tips in real-time?

They’re explaining escapes, set ups, and nuances of position to the audience.

I have no problem with it, the X’s and O’s should be the meat and potatoes of the commentary imo.

When they solely stick to technique analysis guys like DC, Bisping, and Dom are at their best.

I have no problem with it, the X’s and O’s should be the meat and potatoes of the commentary imo.

When they solely stick to technique analysis guys like DC, Bisping, and Dom are at their best.
See, I’m in the opposite camp. I don’t need somebody breaking down what’s going on. Bisping and Dom are the absolute worst commentators ever. Joe Rogan is the absolute best. The energy he brings is unmatched. He doesn’t do Apex cards so his technical breakdowns aren’t heard by fighters, either.

See, I’m in the opposite camp. I don’t need somebody breaking down what’s going on. Bisping and Dom are the absolute worst commentators ever. Joe Rogan is the absolute best. The energy he brings is unmatched. He doesn’t do Apex cards so his technical breakdowns aren’t heard by fighters, either.

And many say Rogan is the worst ever while Bisping and Dom are the best. So it doesn't matter.

I have wondered why the UFC and more so the Commissions don't do something simple like putting up an acoustic barrier. They focus on making sure no coaching from the corners during a break for a foul like a nutshot or an eye poke. Why do they not prevent the commentary team from "Inadvertently" coaching fighters mid fight.

Commentators act like we are over here taking notes for an exam. And usually by the time they explain something it's already way past the position.

I'm not here for tiktok reactions. Other sports commentators do breakdowns and slow mo and make points on what technical stuff people are doing. If I want energy, I'll just do what Rogan does and snort a line beforehand

I do appreciate hearing technical talk. Especially breaking down what’s working and not working, listing countering options, escapes, setups, that kind of stuff. If some fighter is able to pick up some key data from commentators while scrambling or striking or whatever, than kudos to him for having such presence of mind to incorporate this on the fly and adjust in real time. I don’t mind a fighter capitalizing on suggestions midfight if and when that occurs because it’s well within the rules of the fight. You’re keeping your ears open just like your eyes and using your brain. Any inadvertent coaching from the booth I’d assume would be relayed by the corner anyway. So I don’t think it really matters.

Last edited:
Back